“Best and warmest hospitality in Jerusalem, prime location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pontifical Institute Notre Dame of Jerusalem Center - The Shroud Exhibition

Pontifical Institute Notre Dame of Jerusalem Center - The Shroud Exhibition
Wallingford, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best and warmest hospitality in Jerusalem, prime location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

We stayed for 8 nights during our Christmas pilgrimage. The building itself was stunningly beautiful, adorned with lights and decorations on the neat and manicured property. Our rooms were extremely clean and comfortable, just 2 beds, nightstands and a large armoire. The beds and pillows were very comfortable and I am a fussy sleeper who usually travel with my own pillows!The bathroom had a glass shower with marble floors equally very very clean. I loved the absolute quietness of the hotel and the fact that there was no TV was an added bonus to reflect on your day in the Holy Land. I would be remiss if I didn't mention the food especially the breakfast of cheeses, olives, cured meats, eggs, fresh made breads, honey right from the honeycomb, pastries and fresh fruit like persimmons better than any usual "Israeli breakfast" offered in West Jerusalem hotels. On Christmas Eve morning we had a knock on our door and it was a gift of homemade baked cookies on a glass plate with a card from the Charge of the Holy See for the Pontifical Institute Notre Dame. the location of the hotel is literally across the street from the Old City's walls. Lastly, I highly recommend a visit to their Shroud of Turin exhibit given by one of the consecrated women- a life changing experience!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Christine B

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful environment for Pilgrimage to Jerusalem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

The location is phenomenal space – space directly across from the South Gate of Jerusalem. It is owned by the Vatican, and run by priests whose mission is ecumenical. The rooms are very clean and comfortable, and not extravagant. This full service hotel has a very sentient ambiance, with the staff ready to please.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Skipne
Arlington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Wonderful place for peaceful rest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed at this center for 3 nights and loved it. The rooms are quiet, clean and comfortable and the bathroom was very clean and everything worked (including a blow dryer that actually dried hair). The chapel is wonderful - daily Mass, adoration, confessions are available too.

I ate at the restaurant many times and found the food was delicious. I love middle Eastern food and I know good from bad - everything here is beyond good. The restaurant staff is helpful, happy and fun.

No tv or wifi? a bonus for me. I needed to rest and remove myself from the world, so it was perfect. Did not miss the tv once.

finally, as noted before - the location is hard to beat. Highly recommended retreat.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Momof51962
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice views, but lacks depth”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

When I heard I would be coming here with my study tour of the Holy Lands, I couldn't wait to get here, think it would be the best hotel of the itinerary - after all, the Pope stays here. Instead, I was disappointed by the room size, given the price paid, the menu options on their buffet, and the wifi offered.

The salad selections on the buffet were, on most occasions, old and withered, looking like they were being reused from the night before. The wifi, which started out being free, was later made available after paying for a 'time and bandwidth' option. I would have no issue with this, if the service was worth paying for. The downloads were capped at 25 Kbps - which given my 5 hours/1 Gb option meant that there was no way I could use the bandwidth I had paid for. The connection I paid for was so slow that I was unable to use Skype or Viber, both dropping out within 10 seconds of connection, citing 'poor connection issues.'

Overall this hotel was not worth the amount spent on it, and I would not be recommending it to anyone else.

1 Thank Vanders764
Granville, Ohio
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Nice views and location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

No hotel can beat the location and the views of Notre Dame of Jerusalem. From the rooftop, I could see the entire city of Jerusalem including old and new cities. The center is also located across the street from New Gate so I could avoid vendors and tourists when I entered Old City Jerusalem. Their breakfast is more than awesome. However, my room was too small and too simple for the price. Yes, wonderful city views, convenient location, and amazing food are expensive. The rooftop is freely open to visitors.

Visited May 2012
3 Thank Huito

Travelers who viewed Pontifical Institute Notre Dame of Jerusalem Center - The Shroud Exhibition also viewed

Jerusalem, Jerusalem District

Been to Pontifical Institute Notre Dame of Jerusalem Center - The Shroud Exhibition? Share your experiences!