“Wonderful environment for Pilgrimage to Jerusalem”

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful environment for Pilgrimage to Jerusalem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

The location is phenomenal space – space directly across from the South Gate of Jerusalem. It is owned by the Vatican, and run by priests whose mission is ecumenical. The rooms are very clean and comfortable, and not extravagant. This full service hotel has a very sentient ambiance, with the staff ready to please.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Skipne

Arlington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Wonderful place for peaceful rest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed at this center for 3 nights and loved it. The rooms are quiet, clean and comfortable and the bathroom was very clean and everything worked (including a blow dryer that actually dried hair). The chapel is wonderful - daily Mass, adoration, confessions are available too.

I ate at the restaurant many times and found the food was delicious. I love middle Eastern food and I know good from bad - everything here is beyond good. The restaurant staff is helpful, happy and fun.

No tv or wifi? a bonus for me. I needed to rest and remove myself from the world, so it was perfect. Did not miss the tv once.

finally, as noted before - the location is hard to beat. Highly recommended retreat.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Momof51962
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice views, but lacks depth”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

When I heard I would be coming here with my study tour of the Holy Lands, I couldn't wait to get here, think it would be the best hotel of the itinerary - after all, the Pope stays here. Instead, I was disappointed by the room size, given the price paid, the menu options on their buffet, and the wifi offered.

The salad selections on the buffet were, on most occasions, old and withered, looking like they were being reused from the night before. The wifi, which started out being free, was later made available after paying for a 'time and bandwidth' option. I would have no issue with this, if the service was worth paying for. The downloads were capped at 25 Kbps - which given my 5 hours/1 Gb option meant that there was no way I could use the bandwidth I had paid for. The connection I paid for was so slow that I was unable to use Skype or Viber, both dropping out within 10 seconds of connection, citing 'poor connection issues.'

Overall this hotel was not worth the amount spent on it, and I would not be recommending it to anyone else.

1 Thank Vanders764
Granville, Ohio
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Nice views and location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

No hotel can beat the location and the views of Notre Dame of Jerusalem. From the rooftop, I could see the entire city of Jerusalem including old and new cities. The center is also located across the street from New Gate so I could avoid vendors and tourists when I entered Old City Jerusalem. Their breakfast is more than awesome. However, my room was too small and too simple for the price. Yes, wonderful city views, convenient location, and amazing food are expensive. The rooftop is freely open to visitors.

Visited May 2012
3 Thank Huito
Jerusalem, Israel
83 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 161 helpful votes
“Wonderful food, wonderful church, wonderful view AND food from the rooftop cafe.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2012

In the interest of full disclosure, I'm very friendly with the Catholic priest who runs this centre, Fr. Eamonn Kelly, and the head chef at their flagship restaurant, la Rotisserie, Rodrigo Gonzales Elias. Both have eaten in my home, and Rodrigo and his family shared my Passover Seder in 2011. G-D Willing, they and Fr. Kelly will do so again in 2013.
The best restaurant in Jerusalem, IMHO, albeit NOT Kosher, is La Rotisserie; I've enjoyed concerts in the Chapel, and had a delicious repast with the wonderful view from the rooftop cafe. I've never stayed there myself, but have friends who did, and they praised its simple yet welcoming rooms. I understand the lecture venue is also very sophisticated, but again, no personal knowledge as yet.

Visited April 2012
2 Thank BunclodySenator

Travelers who viewed Pontifical Institute Notre Dame of Jerusalem Center - The Shroud Exhibition also viewed

Jerusalem, Jerusalem District

Been to Pontifical Institute Notre Dame of Jerusalem Center - The Shroud Exhibition? Share your experiences!