“Overall”

Leonardo Hotel Jerusalem
Ranked #18 of 101 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Tranquil place, good food, nice room. It would be good if the assisting personnel could give more attention to guests: smiles, greeting. Also ifcthe rooms could be cleaned before 15.00. Some accuracy more with cleaning would be good.

Room Tip: We can recommned this hotel to other friends. Cannot compare other rooms, but ours was good.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,170)

Reviewed April 9, 2014

I'm not very picky as a hotel customer but this place just aggravated us time and again.

Pros:
-Short walk to Damascus Gate
-Close to Shivtei Israel Train Station
-Nice hot shower

Cons:
-Location is mislabeled on Google Maps. There are two Leonardos in Jerusalem and they show up down the street from each other on King George Street. This hotel is on "Saint George Street" which is in a totally different part of town. This really messed us up when we arrived.
-Area is remote. Had to take a taxi or the train every night to get to restaurants or nightlife.
-Internet codes are for 30 minutes only and only available at the front desk. There was frequently a line of people waiting at the front desk to get more codes. Also at night the internet was very slow.
-No plug next to the bed or alarm clock provided. I had to leave my phone unplugged next to the bed to serve as my alarm. I was always low on battery because of this absurd situation.
-Tour buses make a ton of noise at 7AM. The parking lot in the front is filled with tour buses and it's basically impossible to sleep past 7 with all the buses honking and people hurrying to get on.
-Front desk was generally unhelpful. They responded very slowly to my emails before arriving. When we arranged a taxi to to the Allenby Bridge they took the money in advance which was annoying because it zeroed us of our cash and we had to scramble to find an ATM. Then the morning we were scheduled to leave they told us that we owed an additional 40% because the taxi company misquoted them the price. We took our money back and found our own taxi. The hotel should never have put us in that situation.

It's obvious we chose the wrong hotel for ourselves. The hotel was filled with tour groups that ate dinner at the hotel and spent their entire visit to Jerusalem being shuttled from spot to spot by bus. The location being mislabeled on Google Maps led us to stay in a very inconvenient location. This, coupled with the general apathy of the front desk, made the hotel the worst part of our otherwise very enjoyable visit to Jerusalem.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank turkob
Fattal_Hotel_Chain, General Manager at Leonardo Hotel Jerusalem, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2014

Dear guest,
I am writing in regard to your recent stay with us here at the Leonardo Jerusalem Hotel,
I would like to thank you for bringing your feedback to our attention.
Like the other Leonardo Hotels we are dedicated to provide a high level of service and standards. Therefore I was very surprised at your experience here.
I deeply apologies for any inconvenience you may had.I can assure you that we will take care of all the issues that you mention
I will appreciate if you will contact me directly in order to find a way to solve this issue with you. We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you back in the future and assure you be able to enjoy in a spoiled and relaxed atmosphere.
Lior Gabay

Reviewed April 8, 2014

We arrived at the hotel after a long flight from the USA. We we greeted by the hotel manager and she gave us free internet and free international calls. We checked in and were very happy with our hotel accommodations. I was sorry that i didn't hear about the work out room until I was leaving.
I would recommend this hotel because of it's service and comfort and closeness to everything.
We were 11 in our group and joined with another group that made our total 33.

Room Tip: Request a room on the 9 floor that way you can see the city. We had a king room and it was very roo...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Our first in jerusalem we choose leonardo hotel what a great choice we got great room we had great dinner the pool is open and the spa is marvales thank you leonardo for making our stay so wonderfull please evryone to know

Reviewed April 7, 2014

I come with my family we saw and we feel comfort they respect us there are good service we had a great time close to old city and jaffa gate and mamila mall the hotel provide free internet and free international calls

Reviewed April 7, 2014

I came with my wife to celebrate our wedding anivrrsary the first time at leonardo jerusalem we got a nice room on the 8th floor nice suite yael took care of us we had a great time i propse again to my wife

Reviewed April 7, 2014

We came as a family to celebrete birthday to leonardo jerusalem we got great room the pool was open we visit the spa i had a great time we had great meals we love this hotel the all staff sas great and polite