“The worst service I ever saw!!!!”

Leonardo Hotel Jerusalem
Ranked #17 of 99 Hotels in Jerusalem
Jerusalem, Yerushalayim, Israel
“The worst service I ever saw!!!!”
Reviewed May 12, 2012

This was by far the worst Hotel I stayed in my whole life!!!!!
I wnet to spend shabbath with my mother in the Holy city next to the old city... started ok, the hotel looked nice and the room too.
But afterward, the service is the worst! The employees think they are doing you a favor... super rude!!!!!
The shabbath dinner was super expensive (280 ILS), it was a buffet. I went after praying, at 20:30, and pretty much the food was gone, and they didn't replaced it. It was a waste of money!
The breakfast was a big deal as well, really weak.
And in the end, when I try to leave the hotel in my motorcycle, the garage didn't opened. I called to the reception more than 5 times so someone would open, no one cared... after 30 minutes, a car showed up and the garage opened. I went to ask why they didn't opened, the the most rude women I saw in my whole life said that she did open and that I was wrong! So apparently I like to be locked...

anyway... I would never, ever, recommend anyone to stay in this Hotel.

Service is everything, and apparently they haven't figured that out yet...

Room Tip: don't stay there!!!!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Carla K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
USA
Reviewed May 9, 2012

My wife and I recently spent four days here as part of a tour of Israel. First, we stayed in two other Leonardo properties before coming to Jerusalem and I was a bit wary of what to expect since the first two were a bit below par. Not to worry. This place is great. The food was far superior to the buffets at the other Leonardos we stayed at with more selection and higher quality. The rooms were spotless and the staff helpful. I think it is about 4 blocks from the New gate which made it very easy to follow the train tracks (I would call it a streetcar) right to the old city. The walk was safe and interesting, particularly across from the walls of old Jerusalem where there are some local stores. The bar in the lobby is to the right of the entrance and was a welcome stop after spending all day at various sites. There is an ATM in the gift shop that dispenses Sheckels so make sure when you type in the amount you want you think in Sheckels and not dollars. Wifi is not free, but I remember it as reasonable since you could buy in increments if you did not want a full day. Finally, I thought the selection of jewelry was of a higher quality in the hotel gift shop than in some of the shops I stopped at in town; however, I did pay a bunch more for a silver Jerusalem Cross there than at the Franciscan gift shop in town that we visited later. BTW, if you are thinking of going to Israel I would recommend it. Security was never an issue even though all my friends said I was crazy for going. Everyone I met was friendly with only one exception. A vendor told me in no uncertain terms that he did not sell crosses since he was Muslim. Who knew?

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Castleford, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 7, 2012

This modern Hotel - impressive from the outside and equally so inside with modern entrance. The coffee shop/bar is just to the right of the entrance so one doesn't have to get the lift for refreshment after a busy day. The rooms are airy - very clean - and joy of joys a kettle and supplies are to hand. The staff are efficient. The food is fantastic and plentifull. It is a popular place with groups and even when the throngs gather for breakfast supplies of food are replenished. The evening meal has plenty of choice and the "puddings" especially (for me!) were too tempting! I can only fault the place on one aspect. World travellers will be accustomed to a "business floor" and in the lift between floors 8 and 9 are written the words "Wi-fi - business". I spent a long time getting out of the lift and going up and down stairs to find this area - to no avail. When I enquired at Reception was told there was no business floor. I pointed this out on my feedback form. I travelled solo but with a Group.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Dimona, Israel
Reviewed May 4, 2012

My wife and I have stayed in a number of Jerusalem hotels over the past few years, and this is the best one we've ever been at. The staff in all departments was extremely attentive, the food was excellent, and the room (on the 6th floor) was both comfortable and quiet. It was a pleasant surprise to find the toilet and bath in separate rooms, extremely common in Israeli housesl, but rare in hotels.

The hotel was a 10-minute walk from the Old City, and right next to a tram stop.

Breakfast exceeded the normal Israeli hotel breakfast standard, which is saying a lot. The variety was large, the quality excellent, and there were separate sous chefs for pancakes/waffles and for eggs. The lobby cafe also served excellent food - i highly recommend the fish & chips, for instance.

The two minor problems we encountered (a non-working electrical outlet and no complimentary tea bags in the room) were dealt with within minutes of my reporting them. Although our room was ready a few minutes later than advertised, the hotel compensated by offering us a choice of coffee-and-cake in the lobby, or free parking.

I will definitely stay here on our next trip to Jerusalem.

Morgantown PA
Reviewed April 26, 2012

We consider this property to be one of the best values in Jerusalem. The best parts of the hotel include the service staff, dining room service and food quality, lobby and public areas. I would rate it a solid 4 star Israeli hotel, equaling a better than average 3 star US rating. Given their moderate price, this is a very good value.

1 Thank David N
London
Reviewed April 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Leonardo, Jerusalem for 3 nights early this month. The experience was very enjoyable, Welcoming staff, the room was clean, excellent bathroom facilities (separate toilet would you believe!). We arrived at 10.30pm and when we had a couple of minor complaints (the battery had run out on the safe and a loose key panel on the door) someone came immediately and fixed everything. The breakfasts were very good - everything freshly cooked and a wonderful variety - even with the existing Passover festival restrictions. We would definitely return.
Within walking distance of the Damascus Gate entrance to the Old City. The light railway trams stopped very near the hotel and were great to use (once we had mastered the ticket machines!).

birmingham uk
Reviewed April 16, 2012 via mobile

Spent a night here
We were at the Jerusalem gate hotel (read my review)

What a difference!

Modern clean and very friendly staff
There is a lovely sunbathing and swimming pool area, and if you book online not that expensive
Very close to the old city

Highly recommended