“All was perfectly good” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Eucalyptus

The Eucalyptus
Ranked #3 of 695 Restaurants in Jerusalem
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Israeli
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Authentic Biblical cuisine using wild herbs that celebrate innovation and ancient recipes. Located at the beginning of the New Artist Colony not far from the Old City, 5 minute walk from the Mamilla shopping corridor.
Jerusalem, Israel
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“All was perfectly good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

Our servant was so kind and welcoming. The food and desert were delicious! The chef is really one of a kind.

1 Thank shiralfi

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Modiin, Israel
“wedding anniversary meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

I must admit I have a special place in my heart for this restaurant as my wife and I were engaged here. We decided to return this year for our wedding anniversary as we wanted a special meal. The meal before was really outstanding in taste, presentation and service. It seems unbelievable but this meal (for our anniversary) was even better.

The bread started the meal and was of course made in the restaurant and served with fresh roasted garlic. There were 3 toppings to add to the bread (zatar, black eyed peas and tomatoe sauces) and all were outstanding. The appetizers were phenomenal but my favorite was the eggplant roasted with a techina sauce on top. Everything was presented like a work of art.

Then came the meals! My wife had a tender and very tasty medium steak that was cooked to perfection. I had mallard in a pear sauce with slices of pear. the side dises were roasted potates (that were just perfect) and mashed potatoes. Grilled vegetables also hit the spot. Once again the meal looked like a work of art and tasted even better.

We had a chocolate dish for desert and i was tempted to lick out the bowl (unfortunately I didn't) it was so good. And the meal ended with a homemade tea with mint and geranuim, also excellent.

During the meal we had delightful glasses of wine.

Chef Basson is not just a chef extraordinaire and an artist, he is also a performer. He presents some of the "special meals" to everyone in the restaurant making all of us hungry for that dish.

Dining at Eucalypus was a wonderful experience.

We're going to need to return more often and not just for special occasions. After all, a meal in eucalyptus is a SPECIAL OCCASION!

Warsaw, Poland
“Great local food and wine, friendly chef, fantastic location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

My and my friends had best food experience in Jerusalem in Eucalyptus. Number of starters and dishes was enormous so you can taste everything they have in the menu and have some real food experience. Both the staff and the chef were very friendly and made us involved in food preparation what was quite an attraction. Isrealian wines came perfect with local food as well.

Jerusalem, Israel
“Great food, great ambiance, a real Holy land experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.
My wife and I had a lovely evening last week.
Everything was great, it was an amazing culinary experience of so many different things
The amount of food served was just right- and even a bit too much…..
We really enjoyed our time, the ambiance was great and seeing Chef Moshe walking around and interacting with every table is so much fun.

Again I wan tto thank you and the team so much for a great night out.

• Visited January 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great cocktails and food, long wait for service on New Years”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

Five of us ate at The Eucalyptus to ring in 2014. Luckily, we didn't have any other plans after our 10:30 PM reservation. They must have been unprepared for people to be out celebrating because it took ages to place/fill our orders. One of us never got a glass of red wine that was ordered repeatedly, and I think we finally at just before midnight. We placed orders with multiple servers in case it had all been lost before reaching the kitchen but ended up with duplicate and triplicate charges on our bill. All worked out in the end, and the food was delicious once it came. They had something for everyone (carnivores and vegans alike). The bartender was kind enough to supply complimentary champagne and after dinner cocktails. I might go back to see how it all runs on an average night. None of us had experienced disorganization like this, but the degree of disorganization makes me think they were just thoroughly understaffed and unprepared for a crowd. The restaurant itself is charming and comfortable. I think there is an outdoor patio that must be lovely in the summer.

• Visited January 2014