“Outstanding Food and Service - 1st Class Experience”
Review of The Eucalyptus

The Eucalyptus
Ranked #5 of 729 Restaurants in Jerusalem
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Israeli
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Authentic Biblical cuisine using wild herbs that celebrate innovation and ancient recipes. Located at the beginning of the New Artist Colony not far from the Old City, 5 minute walk from the Mamilla shopping corridor.
Houston, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding Food and Service - 1st Class Experience”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Wow! What an outstanding dinner with great service and a personal touch by the Executive Chef & Owner Moshe. A friend I am traveling with has been to the restaurant previously and recommended. We both went with a local friend who had never heard of it before. The walk to the restaurant is picturesque located just outside the Jaffa gate at the end of an artisan gallery. When walking up to the restaurant we ran into a chef named Ernst Knam who is known as the "King of Chocolate" in Italy. The owner Moshe was speaking with him, we were introduced to both and given a table at the restaurant. They immediately brought us some "Free" special appetizers. We asked for recommendations and ordered 3 appetizers - the small soups (3 different soups), the Fig stuffed Chicken and the duck. All were super with the latter 2 having a very unique sweet taste because of the sauces. We shared the main courses as well with Chilean Sea Bass, a chicken dish with rice and potatoes (they even have a special custom where you bless the dish and make a wish) and their lamb dish. all again were outstanding taste. the Chef sent over some complimentary champagne to us unsolicited and then we had 2 great desserts, 1 was the chocolate soufflé which was terrific and the other was a sweet cake like dessert. we then had a really nice chat with the Moshe who told us the story of the restaurant and the inspirations for all of the cuisine. This is my 5th visit to Israel with many outstanding meals, but I believe overall this was the BEST! I highly recommend to any tourists or locals.

1 Thank TSPPRES

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Frankfurt, Germany
“Very good restaurant, next to Jaffa Gate”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This place is just a minute walk from the old city center, at the Jaffa Gate. But more interestingly, it offers an amazing selection of biblical food including all kind of tastes from the middle east. The restaurant is nicely decorated and the staff is very friendly.

1 Thank eberhard475
Jerusalem, Israel
“Memories”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I recently stumbled onto a 25 year old memory, courtesy of "The Eucalyptus" Restuarant!!

Evidently this Jerusalem landmark cooking Family(Moshe,Ronnie, and harder names), has been
Hiding in plain sight! Right across from Jaffa Gate! You see, as a a young soldier I arrived back in
Jerusalem on Thursday or Friday too an empty fridge, no problem, go down the street too that small Restuarant with the tree in the middle of dining area. Why? The nice owner/chef knew I was
Alone, and he knew for sure money was tight, lets just say ill never forget that week end cause he
Sent me home FULL, with a bag to go!

I was very early in the day, so I had a light snack on the open deck of "their" Cafe,
But when ordering an Herbed Tea, how many herbs? I tried too figure out, stopped at 5, asked
The staff, YEP, there were 2 more!

And downstairs, upstairs I insist you guys taste the Tabbouleh ,, I don't remember if that's what they call it, WARNING-all salads,,,,too die for FRESH, don't fill up!!!

REAL SLOW COOKED LAMB is the best I've had, except for my fathers, wink, wink!

When I went again at a better time, I had the COUSCOUS, so good the makes it wasn't there!!

Evidently he was In Italy ,,winning what?? A COUSCOUS CONTEST!!! (Say that 3 times)

Whatever, I over tip, cause my aunt loved the last 2 locations, and I had nice memories,

Took my 12-13 year old , she had fettuccine Alfredo, with MID-EAST shrooms, and some home-
Made concoction of mintssss,Herbsssss, I don't know, RRREEEEAAALL good.

For tourists, you can find it and local(yes I'm a short walk away in BAKA) location, location!!!

Romantic views, great wines, FRESH FAMILY STUFF, you guys will LOVE!!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Dan V
Jerusalem, Israel
“Amazing”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I was organizing a conference. We held the Banquet Dinner for 150 people in the Eucalyptus. Everyone told me after the dinner that it was one of the best meals they ever had. The atmosphere was great, the service very personal and the surrounding magnificent.

We went for the "flag" meal of the place - highly recommended.

Hearing Moshe's (the owner) description to the food's ingredients adds a special spice to the food.

1 Thank DannyD777
Johannesburg, South Africa
“A WONDERFUL EVENING OUT”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I recently took a group of 40 to this restaurant for dinner and was pleasantly surprised by the high standards and quality on offer. It was a fantastic evening.
Dinner was al fresco in the garden and, because it was a chilly evening, management not only lit gas heaters but also supplied warm wraps for everyone.
The food was typical family-style mediterranean mezze which was tasty and filling. Dishes kept coming and we were all impressed with the variety offered and the efficiency of the waitrons.
Drinks were not included in the group package and I thought that quality was good and prices were reasonable.
I would have no hesitation in recommending the restaurant for a group function and will definitely take a group there in the futre.

1 Thank BryanAndrews