“Noisy place, good food.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mona

Mona
Ranked #15 of 695 Restaurants in Jerusalem
Cuisines: Mediterranean, European, Israeli
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Nachla'ot
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Noisy place, good food.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

The restaurant's accoustics is lousy. You can hear all the action around. If you think of a romantic dinner, go somewhere else.
I booked a place in the restaurant on the web, arrived on time, but I have been told that they have a place only on the bar. When I protested, they offered me a choice of 4 different tables. Very bad welcome, and loks like some managing problems. The waitor Yaacob was great and helpfull, and the food quality was more than good.

Visited July 2013

• Hebrew first
Jerusalem, Israel
“Great Resturant in an amazing building”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

I found Mona as a great Resturant and bar ,great food in an amazing Historical building ,I highly recommend it ,great ambiance

• Visited May 2013
New Jersey
“Excellent food, but expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

I ate here recently with my husband and teenage daughter. The food was very good but expensive.I had the coq au vin which was very good. My daughter is a bit of a fussy eater and she liked it as well. My daughter ordered the tagliatelle with herb butter( I think) and it was very yummy. I ended up eating some of it (too much!) The appetizers and dessert were also good. We enjoyed the atmosphere and did not feel rushed at all.
The only downside was that it was expensive but then again we found everything in Israel to be expensive. Still, this was our most expensive meal on our two week trip. We did enjoy it though. It was a nice change from all the hummus, felafel and kebabs.

• Visited June 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Very Good Restaurant in Historic Building”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Our Israeli hosts said that the restaurant was (1) in the original art school of Jerusalem and (2) used to be a bar. Even without the strange pedigree, this restaurant had a very nice vibe with good food to go with. The tartare was wonderful as was the lamb and mushroom stew (with risotto).

Visited June 2013
Jerusalem, Israel
“Yummy food terrible noise”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

I have been twice and in both times I suffered from the noise. The food was good but not above average.
Service was very good.