“What a treat”

Neighborhood: American Colony
Neighborhood: American Colony
Reviewed January 5, 2014

A Breakfast Treat!

While on vacation in Jerusalem, Israel, I was doing some shopping in the popular Jaffa Street area, when I decided to sit down at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf Cafe for a well earned rest.

Sitting outside in the sunshine, I treated myself to an Israeli Breakfast from the menu which came with your personal choice of cooked eggs, fresh salad, cheese, bread, coffee, freshly squeezed juice and various other small savoury accompaniments such as pesto, tuna, guacamole, cream cheese, fruit preserve and my favourite dish, yogurt with syrup and muesli.

It was an amazing banquet for one and expertly delivered to my table by a very efficient staff.

The quality of the food was absolutely delicious at a very competitive cost, coupled with an attentive staff member always close at hand should you require anything else.

Without doubt, the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf breakfast treat with a simple variety of food well cooked, thoroughly appetising to look at and pleasantly presented by an eager to please staff member,
under the leadership of a very polite and likeable Ronen Tgrgeman, who is without doubt a credit to his Company.

All in all, I had a relaxing time sitting in the sunshine, people watching and munching away happily on my Israeli breakfast and all for a very modest cost.

I will definitely be enjoying a few more Israeli Breakfasts at the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf before my visit to Jerusalem is over and look forward to being welcomed back by Ronen and his staff!
10 out of 10 for me ...

Reviewed July 24, 2013

the coffee bean in Jaffa street is a good place to have a quick lunch while watching the endless stream of passersby on their way to the old city of jerusalem. food was simple but good and service was quick.

Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

I come here daily for coffee when in Jerusalem. Israel struggled with expresso, it is a Turkish coffee country. We have found coming to Jerusalem over the last 3 years the coffee was excellent. I wouldn't eat here as the food is excellent in traditional Israeli restaurants which are in abundance. This is a great place to enjoy a coffee, sit outside on Jaffa and absorb the atmosphere day or night.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

The cafe is overpriced. food is okay but not exclusive, have been there once and it wasn't impressive enough to go there again.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

When you go anywhere and spend money, is it asking too much to receive some kind of service? First of all, it took more than 15 minutes for a server to appear at my table. It was in the late afternoon and not busy whatsoever. Twenty minutes after ordering and still nothing. I finally got up and walked 30 feet to Cafe Hillel where I was promptly served a delicious cup of coffee.