“Best Meal in Jerusalem”

Ranked #87 of 743 Restaurants in Jerusalem
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Bak'a
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We came here our last night. I love that it is a bit out of the way which also means plenty of parking. We started out with the chorizo appetizer and the chopped liver which were both fabulous. For the main course I had the gnocchi, my husband had the duck. Everything was really delicious.For dessert we had the halva again, just amazing. Service is awesome. Just a great restaurant.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

We had a fantastic meal here. We did the tasting menu, the food kept coming and it was delicious and different. We will definitely return on our next trip.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

This restaurant has had more names than I've had hot dinners (well almost). It was first known as 'Etzel Pini Bachatzer' (literally 'Pini's place in the yard). Then it shortened it to 'Pini Bachatzer'. Then I reckon Pini must have parted company, because they again shortened it to 'Hachatzer'.

In any event, while the name might have morphed a bit, the food has remained consistently good. For Jerusalem, I'd say it's my favourite gourmet restaurant. The menu always has some very interesting dishes you'd not find anywhere else. The service was pretty good too. The price is quite expensive, but in my opinion worth it.

Do book in advance, as the place gets pretty full. It's also in a nice location, close to where the old train station was located.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

we went on passover---food was delicious.i had meat with pistachios and vanilla "ice cream" with a cherry tomato chutney topping that was fabulous

Reviewed February 26, 2012

Went one night hoping for something special, which it wasn't. It was fine, though - the fact that I can't even remember what I had or how it was should say it all.