“It doesn't get any better”
Review of Mamilla Hotel

Mamilla Hotel
Ranked #15 of 100 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Great location, its exactly where you want to be in Jerusalem, architecture thats breathtaking, top notch service on all ends, front desk, restaurants, concierge, comfy beds, it just all works perfectly. The breakfast spread and we are anything but breakfast eaters, is too gorgeous, too fresh, with your choice of indoor or outdoor seating, it was impossible not to stop and indulge. I travel extensively, and for a major city urban located hotel, The Mamilla is absolutely a 10. I just can not find anything negative to mention.

Room Tip: speak to the front desk when reserving, they are very helpful.
1  Thank tss341
George L, Guest Relations Manager at Mamilla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2013

Dear tss341,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We are very happy to read that you enjoyed not only the location and the service provided by our colleagues during your stay. We look forward to your next visit to Mamilla hotel.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,635)

Reviewed October 17, 2013

The reason for my contact is praising Mr. Carlos the concierge and S ª Fernanda reception, all very attentive. Me and my esponse we feel very comfortable in this hote. Indeed the city is divinely exciting, and dedicated people to work even better. grateful Renato

Room Tip: Recomendo este hotel.

Dear Renato M,
Thank you for the wonderful words regarding our colleagues Carlos and Fernanda. We are very proud to have them on our team. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Good hotel.location is impressive.shopping area around.restaurant on the roof has a great view of old Jerusalem .food is average. Bar on the roof great. Rooms are quite small.services very expensive.parking very comfortable.decoration is very simple but special .jerusalem style

Room Tip: East view recommended .
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Dear zybern,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at Mamilla hotel last November. We are happy to read that for the most part you enjoyed the experience the location, the decoration and the view from the Rooftop restaurant. We do hope that you will come again so that you can try the new dishes that our executive chef has come up with for our main dining room as well as our restaurants.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I really wanted to like the Mamilla....but after awhile it wore on my nerves! It's aesthetically beautiful...and the staff is excellent....but some of the details....look good but make no sense whatsoever. We had booked an Executive room. It was lovely...although it had no view at all. We asked for a room with a view and we were told we would need to upgrade to a suite. We decided not to do that. The bathroom is really lovely...but the shower with no shower door totally makes the bathroom SOAKING wet everytime someone takes a shower. The closet is barely big enough to hold any clothes at all...and there is no place to store your luggage. We had our shoes lined up against the wall...at these rates...you deserve more. Having said that, the location is fantastic...right outside of the Jaffa gate and there's a terrific mall right downstairs and the staff is great...especially Yarno who helped us out beyond our requests. He was just terrific as a guest "host". We had reserved dinner on the rooftop our first night at the hotel...and the rooftop restaurant was closed for the season....but no one contacted us to tell us...not cool....but Yarno recommended a restaurant in walking distance...and it was one of our best of our trip. The breakfast at the hotel is terrific. All in all...I wanted to like the hotel....just not sure that I really did.

1  Thank markdmarc

Dear markdmarc,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about Mamilla hotel. First of all we are very happy to read that you thought of our staff as excellent. Thank you for the special mention of Yarno who made a positive impact on your stay. We appreciate your comments regarding the design aspects of the hotel. Your feedback helps us in improving our product. As for the Rooftop restaurant, we apologize that we failed to contact you in order to update you of its status. We hope that you will give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Tripadvisor asked me for one more review and I just came back from one night at the hotel on business matters so I thought , hey why not, the hotel is great and tripadvisor is cool so here is my review.
First of all the location is fantastic, and please note that I lived in Jerusalem for 20 years and my parents are still living here, so believe me it is a great location, just few meters from the old city, and on the beginning of Jaffa road that is near some good places to eat and drink.
The hotel itself is new and the facilities are excellent, the rooms are very modern with the touch of the city architecture. I slept good (didn't have the kids and the wife with me) but I think that all the family could enjoy a good stay.
I ate only breakfast and it was a good israeli breakfast , nothing to complaint about.
Also they have a good roof bar , good place day or night.
Bottom line , if you are here for a good stay and the price is good for you, this hotel is the place to stay, because the best thing in town is the old city and it's surrounding. Enjoy your stay

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
George L, Guest Relations Manager at Mamilla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Dear Ran I,
Thank you for responding to Tripadvisor requests. We at Mamilla hotel always appreciate that our guests take the time to write about their stay. Your feedback helps us in improving the way we operate. Good feedback reinforces the desire to do better. We are very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay. We hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

My wife and I had the most pleasant experience in Jerusalem, in large part due to the service and comfort at the Mamilla Hotel. It is located close to the Jaffa gate outside the old city and its rooftop restaurant has one of the most excellent views of the old city. The service was outstanding and the staff very eager to help. The hotel has the feel of an old castle with all the modern comforts. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough.

Room Tip: I don't believe there is a bad room, although a room that has a view of the mall or the old city...
1  Thank Bruce R
George L, Guest Relations Manager at Mamilla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear Bruce R,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of your stay at Mamilla hotel. Our staff at Mamilla strives on the daily basis to provide the service that creates positive memories for our guests. I am sure that they will be very happy to hear about your feedback.
We hope to have the honor of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

this was an experience - beyond - from the fancy glass to frosty glass bathroom, to the food, to the friendly staff. went on a family trip, and it was an absolute treat top stay here. my 7 year old woke up the first morning and at breakfast asked "mommy are we living in a palace"...
changed my way and thoughts on how to travel from now on
kol ha kavod:)
oh - and they gave my kids a bag of toys to keep them busy - not a junky box of throw away rubbish - really good, high end toys that really occupied them for hours.
oh - and the little deserts at the end of meals - wish I packed them up and brought them home for the end of every meal...
oh - and the old city at your doorstep - a dream

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Angie B
George L, Guest Relations Manager at Mamilla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear Angie B,
Thank you for showing off. We are very happy to read what your seven year old thinks of our hotel. As for the bags of treats, a lot of thought came into preparing those. I will make sure to pass this on to those responsible for them. As for the desserts, I guess you will have to keep coming back to enjoy them.
We look forward to your next visit.