“A great hotel in a very good location in Jerusalem”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mamilla Hotel

Mamilla Hotel
Ranked #14 of 98 Hotels in Jerusalem
Tel Aviv, Israel
“A great hotel in a very good location in Jerusalem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

My wife and I chose this hotel for a short weekend retreat. We had a wonderful time. The place is beautifully decorated, both the puplic areas as well as the rooms. Our room was spacious and full of amenities. The spa at the hotel is really worth a visit - we had great treatments there. The only meal we had this time was breakfast and we enjoyed the elaborate buffert. The location of the hotel is also a big plus - walking distance to the old city. Very highly recommended!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Aviad M
George L, Guest Relations Manager at Mamilla Hotel, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Dear Aviad M,

It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay at Mamilla hotel – specially the rooms, the spa, breakfast and the location. Your feedback encourages us to strive harder.

We are looking forward to your next retreat.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

If sleek, modern and minimalist is your cup of tea this is the hotel for you. As a family of 5 we booked a studio room and for the second room the next rate above that fitted 3 beds. There's little room to spread out factoring in suitcases. That being said you don't spend much time in the room. The kids loved swimming in the indoor pool (we were there in early Jan) and the public spaces are sleek. It is by far the best position to access the old city and the Mamilla mall is lovely.Surpringly the range of options offered at breakfast was not nearly as generous as other less luxurious hotels we visited. The service at the hotel could not be faulted. Would I return there? Not sure considering new hotels seem to be opening frequently. I'm also advised the rooms at the David Citadel across the road are much bigger.

Room Tip: Think carefully about how much space you want. The studio rooms are the cheapest but they are small.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Gilshandi,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay.

We appreciate your comments because they help us improve our product. We will pass on your feedback regarding the breakfast options to our executive chef.

We hope that you will consider Mamilla as one of your options when visiting Jerusalem.
Porto Alegre, RS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

We enjoyed very much our stay in Jerusalem, and also being in the mamilla hotel with friends to celebrate a Bar Mitzva.
During our stay I have lost a precious bracelet and we would like to thanks Manar, who was in charge of cleaning room 729, during our stay in Mamilla Hotel between january 20-24th, who found it .
Magda

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
George L, Guest Relations Manager at Mamilla Hotel, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Magda N,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your stay. It was an honor to have the family stay at Mamilla hotel for the Bar Mitzvah.

Thank you for the special mention of Manar. We are very proud to have her on the team.

We're looking forward to your next stay at Mamilla hotel.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

A little pricy but really luxurious. 5 minutes walk from the old city and / minutes walk from the new shopping area. Very high standard of room, meals and service. We spent one night and wish we could afford more.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
George L, Guest Relations Manager at Mamilla Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Avital H,

Thank you for choosing Mamilla hotel for your most recent visit to Jerusalem and for taking the time to write about your stay. We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to your next visit.
pittsburgh
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel was beautiful, especially the public areas, but our room, although sleekly modern, offered far more in the way of aesthetics than in functionality. The clear (to frosted, at the touch of a switch) glass walls surrounding the bathroom were kinda neat, but function got lost in the attempt at hi-tech sexiness. When I first entered the shower/bathtub area, which is one largish 'wet' room, I thought that this could actually be a great place to steam out those travel wrinkles in my garments. Alas, there was not ONE hook in this shower area from which to hang even a shirt. How dumb. In the 'bathroom proper', there was a complete and total lack of space to place anything more than a razor and toothbrush. The bathroom lighting was so dim as to be useless. And the sink! Oh...the sink. Well, I thought that if I couldn't steam wrinkles out of my clothes, at least I could wash my nightgown in the sink and lay it over the freestanding tub during the day to dry. The sink has this 'floating pan' in the bottom, so that the water gently cascades over it into the drain below. Unfortunately, when I washed my nightgown I pushed down on it and cracked it in half. I was mortified, and figured I just spent the cost of the room on a new piece of soapstone for the hotel. Alas, I discovered that this is a common problem, because when I returned to my room later that day it had already been replaced at no charge. They must keep hundreds of these panels in their storeroom. Two other issues. First, our room had a full wall of built in closeting that was great. The only problem is that it was situated in a narrow hallway, so that I or my husband could not easily get dressed, unpack or use the toilet without bumping into each other. If anyone had to go into the bathroom or leave or return to the room while the other was gathering or putting away clothes, you had to close drawers and doors and move out of the way. It was just a nuisance space issue. The last item was the lighting, and the engineering PhD that was required to operate same. Any hotel that has a group discussion on how to operate the lighting with you when you arrive, didn't lay it out very well to begin with. I'm staying for a few days people! Not a year! I don't have TIME to figure out how to turn all the dang lights out from the 3- and 4-way switch remotes on the bedside! I just want to GO TO BED when I'm done touring for the day! Anyway, those were my annoyances, and they were all really to do with whomever designed the rooms, who needs to go back to school (see 'space planning for utility and efficiency'). The rest of the hotel was wonderful - concierge services, front desk people, all the staff. The breakfast spread was something to talk about, and it takes a lot to get me to rave about breakfast food. Fabulous savories including olives, salmon, cheeses, etc., all artfully and beautifully laid out, made coming downstairs each morning an anticipatory party for my tastebuds, which never left disappointed. Superb.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank littleismuch5
George L, Guest Relations Manager at Mamilla Hotel, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Dear littleismuch5,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your thoughts on your room. Thank you as well for writing that our team provided a wonderful experience with their service. We take our guests' feedback very seriously and we use it in order to improve our product.

We look forward to your next stay.
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

I'm a little late on my review as we stayed here in October. I loved the location - out into an outdoor mall (that could be in LA) a quick walk through the mall than up the stairs to Old Jerusalem. The view from the rooftop deck of the restaurant can not be beaten - Breathtaking and spine tingling! For my husband and I the hotel was OK. We stayed in a suite. The rooms were large with a very large bathroom. What I didn't like was the modernness of the rooms. The lighting system was VERY frustrating - the closet lights were so dark I couldn't find anything and when the you opened the drawer to use the hairdryer my husband couldn't get into any of the closet - so we were constantly jammed in a 3 x 4' closet with an entire empty bathroom. The bathroom was very cool with a VERY large sink (no counter) but they did provide shelving 4 feet away. No shower doors so everything was very wet on the floor. Concrete floors which I found frightening when wet. The bed was extremely comfortable and our room was clean. The hotel itself was beautifully appointed. I loved the modern combined with old carpets. The breakfast room was beautiful and choices were amazing. The work out room was very well equipped. I think if I did go back to Isreal I would try something a little more traditional.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travellingm0m_4
George L, Guest Relations Manager at Mamilla Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear travellingm0m_4,

Better late than never like the saying goes. Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. Your comments are very important to us.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you feel like experiencing something modern once again.
Jerusalem, Yerushalayim, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

We stayed at the Mamilla Hotel for 3 nights and we got the Romance package as a present in October. Everything about the place was absolutely lovely. Breakfast was disappointment but we had beautiful room and very private. My cousin booked the Romance package which was well worth it for all the little treats we got. We will definitely go back and even take the family with us just so we can see what the rooms with the view to the Old City are like! Thank you to everyone at the Mamilla Hotel for making our stay so memorable.

Room Tip: Room 312 was great
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Shirat-Miriam S
George L, Guest Relations Manager at Mamilla Hotel, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear Shirat-Miriam S,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay. Please feel free to let us know what would help improve our breakfast in the dining room.

We look forward to welcoming you back with your family.