Open today: 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
A delight!

Jonathan is a delight! You could not wish for a more informed, passionate, enthusiastic, flexible... read more

Reviewed yesterday
juliaQ8613KW
Budapest, Hungary
Great tour of Jerusalem

Jonathan guided my fourteen year old daughter, husband, and I on a walking tour of Jerusalem during... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
oregonianmom
Oregon

All reviews religious studies day tour harvard university his knowledge historical context old city group tour fantastic guide muslim quarter jaffa gate western wall pace interests credentials educator sites quarters
Reviewed January 23, 2019

In early January, 2019, I travelled with my 15 year-old son to visit the Old City of Jerusalem. We wanted to avoid a group tour and booked a 9-hour walking tour with Jonathan as our special guide. We visited all the venerated sites of the 3 major religions (including saying a special prayer at the Western Wall for my son's high school teacher who is terminally ill). We were truly impressed by Jonathan's knowledge of the history of Israel and enjoyed his easy-going companionship. Jonathan also found us a great place for lunch! It was a true pleasure to have spent a special day with Jonathan and we plan to contact him again on our next visit to Israel. There is still so much to see and learn.... JB.

Date of experience: January 2019
jonathanlY4499LC, Owner at Jonathan Lipnick - Jerusalem Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2019

JB, I'm so happy that despite your original flight being cancelled, you were able to make it to Israel and squeeze in a day of touring Jerusalem with me. I truly had a fabulous time guiding you and your son. You were both extraordinarily inquisitive, which is exactly what we tour guides love! Many thanks for your wholehearted endorsement. Hope you come back soon!

Reviewed January 23, 2019

Based on the recommendation of both a relative and a friend, my family of eight (two parents, two grandparents, and children ranging in age from preschool to middle school) did a one day tour of the Old City of Jerusalem with Jonathan as our guide.

We had high expectations and Jonathan exceeded them at every level! Jonathan was patient and answered the questions of the children and the adults at the appropriate level of sophistication. Jonathan took us to many different sites and gave us great information on the history and geography of Jerusalem. Jonathan allowed us to go at a pleasant pace and tailored our tour to our interests including taking us to sites that none of the adults had seen despite each of us having been to the Old City multiple times.

Jonathan is a great tour guide and I recommend him highly!

Date of experience: January 2019

Amazing how you can come to Jerusalem dozens of times and there is always something new to see. I'm thrilled that I was able to show you some of these unturned stones. You were a wonderful group, and I thank you for your generous words of praise and your strong recommendation. I hope that our paths cross again!

Reviewed January 18, 2019

Jonathan is incredibly knowledgeable of the bible, ancient Christian history, and Islam. He gives you a thorough investigation of Jerusalem's complex and articulated history, but he also listens to your needs and desires. He doesn't impose his knowledge on you. He comes to your level and tells you the information you can absorb and retain. He is engaging, entertaining, and funny. When I toured with him it poured all day, but we just kept on going from site to site, until we ended up even forgetting that it was raining. A really inspiring tour. I can't wait to get back to Jerusalem and hire him again!

Date of experience: January 2019
jonathanlY4499LC, Owner at Jonathan Lipnick - Jerusalem Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2019

Alessandro, I can't thank you enough for your enthusiastic endorsement. I'm happy to hear that you forgot it was raining! That was frankly among the most intense winter days on which I have led a tour in this country. Thank you for your upbeat attitude and particularly for all of the superb questions you asked throughout the day. I look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit!

Reviewed January 10, 2019 via mobile

Knowing Jerusalem with him was a profound and beautiful experience. Professional, expert, funny, helpful. Highly recommended!

Date of experience: January 2019
jonathanlY4499LC, Owner at Jonathan Lipnick - Jerusalem Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2019

Thank you to you, Cinzia for your very generous words of praise. It was a great joy to spend the day with you and your friends in the Old City of Jerusalem. I'm so happy that you enjoyed the tour so much.

Reviewed January 1, 2019 via mobile

My partner and I went on an incredible full day tour with Jonathan, he was really thorough in that we covered all of the key sites of Jerusalem plus he showed us some interesting sites and things off the main tourist path. Jonathan is super knowledgable about everything he shows you and is very happy to answer thousands of questions. The pace was perfect and not at all strenuous and the best thing is Jonathan tailors his tours to what interests you and thus it’s a more bespoke tour. He’s got a great sense of humour and it was a pleasure spending the day with him. We’ve done private and groups tours around the world and this was by far one of, if not the best tours - we learnt so much and had such a fun day! I couldn’t recommend Jonathan enough - he’s really great!!!

Date of experience: December 2018
jonathanlY4499LC, Owner at Jonathan Lipnick - Jerusalem Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2019

Wonderful to hear how much you enjoyed the tour. I am so grateful for your very positive review. It's not every day that someone compliments me on my sense of humour! I really had great fun showing you two around the city. Your curiosity was infectious and your energy boundless. Best wishes for much more interesting travel wherever you decide to go on holiday next.