Tripadvisor
Jerusalem
Review Highlights
Gila is THE BEST- & I mean what I'm saying and I'm not exaggerating!

Gila is an incredible guide. She is knowledgeable, brilliant, hilarious, intentional and really... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
YesicaTG
Gila Was an Amazing Tour Guide!

Our experience with Gila was amazing. She was very knowledgeable about the location and historical... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
theodorm337

Recommended experiences in and around Jerusalem
from $38.67
from $125.00
from $99.00
from $80.00
More Info
All reviews central bus station tel aviv under one roof tour guide dali sculptures australian accent highly recommend her to anyone old city street art full day tour she brings awesome tour hole in the wall falafel austrian hospice extensive knowledge an excellent guide
Selected filters
Reviewed January 21, 2020

Gila is truly one of a kind! Being with her and learning from her was really an honor. She is so knowledgeable and having her as a tour guide allowed me to feel more immersed in the surrounding culture. She enhanced my experience so much and the amount of ground we covered in 10 days was insane! And yet, Gila still knew so many facts about each spot, whether the location held significance religiously, politically, historically or culturally. She knows all the good places to eat and shop. I always felt safe in her hands, knowing that she’d show us the best sights, restaurants, shops, etc. of Israel. I couldn’t have asked for a better experience in Israel, nor could I have asked for a better tour guide! I’d love to go back one day and see her again!!

Date of experience: January 2020
Gila L, Owner at Walkabout Israel, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2020

Thanks Brooklyn! I am so happy that you enjoyed your time here and that you had fun! Travelling is all about learning and exposing yourself to new things, so I am glad that I got the opportunity to facilitate you along your journey! I hope to see you in the Holy Land again!

Reviewed January 21, 2020

It was a pleasure to be guided by someone so knowledgable and passionate about what they do. Gila went above and beyond what I had expected from a tour guide, was fun and friendly as well as enthusiastic and well versed. She not only brought us to the historic and religious sites but also made time for fun and interesting pit stops along the way based on our group's preferences. I highly recommend Gila if you want a truly joyful, thorough, and immersive experience of such richly beautiful areas.

Date of experience: December 2019

Thanks Maris! I'm so happy you came to visit Israel and that we got to meet, I enjoyed all our conversations and I am happy to hear that you had a positive experience here and I hope you will come and visit again sometime!

Reviewed January 17, 2020

Gila was our tour guide for two amazing days in Israel. The first day was around Old City Jerusalem. The second around Jaffa and Tel Aviv. Gila has put together very interesting tours with the right blend of history, culture, people and scenery. She is very knowledgeable and we found the tours incredibly informative.

We were travelling with our two children (12 & 10). Gila was great with the kids (they rave about her) and she delivered a tour that was interesting and fun for both the adults and the kids. We probably walked 10km each day and not a single complaint!

Date of experience: January 2020
Gila L, Owner at Walkabout Israel, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2020

Thank you so much! I had so much fun with your family, you were great walkers and also very entertaining! I'm so happy you enjoyed the tours and I hope it has inspired you and your kids to come back again! Enjoy all of your future travel adventures!!

Reviewed January 11, 2020

Enjoyable & informative walking tour. Gila is very knowledgeable & presents information in an entertaining way.

Date of experience: January 2020
Gila L, Owner at Walkabout Israel, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2020

Thanks Marcia! So glad that you could make it to the tour and that you enjoyed it! I hope to see you on another tour in Israel soon!

Reviewed January 11, 2020

Gila has been the absolute best! She is so knowledgeable, and creative with the way she presents the sites in Israel. She will teach you Hebrew, and Israeli songs. The memories that you will make with her will last a life time, and you are getting so much more than just a tour guide.

Date of experience: January 2020

Thanks so much Ilinca, the trip wouldn't have been the same without you, you were an integral part of getting everything running smoothly and I hope you will continue to be involved and bring more people to visit Israel!