All reviews budget hotel damascus gate muslim district car horns excellent hospitality parking place close proximity plenty of hot water toilet paper location is great dead sea street noise min walk small hotel small room wi fi rooms are clean
Selected filters
Reviewed June 4, 2019 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights due to close proximity to old city and al Aqsa which is a 15 min walk. For the price paid this place is excellent. Rooms are clean , ac is ice cold and the shower is powerful . I’ve stayed at many hotels in old city and this place is great and cheaper than others. Rooms are a little out dated but the beds are very comfy and staff are friendly. The only disappoint was the breakfast.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank yas-uk111
Reviewed June 2, 2019

This is my 3rd time to Jerusalem and thought we would stay on the east side of Jerusalem to support the hotels in that area. This hotel received some good reviews but our experience was terrible. Very dirty hotel, killed one cockroach, carpet in our room smelled of sewer probably from bathroom running over. Neighborhood very unfriendly to foreigners - I was refused to be served at a restaurant recommended by hotel staff.

Thomson
Calgary

Room tip: Very noisy at night due to Ramadan
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 20, 2019 via mobile

The only positive thing is the location, which is near to the old city. When we arrived the person in reception couldnt find our reservation at their system and we waited more than 1.5 hours. Finally, we contacted our agency and they talked by phone and provided our room. In the room 309 which they gave us one bed was almost broken making terrible noise. Bathroom was very dirty and very small, and the curtain was very dirty. The shower space was extremely small and the door handle was not working properly. The breakfast was average. At 10 a.m . they started to mop the reception area and they asked us to go out to finish their job. They were very rude and unprofessional. Anyway, apart fro the location, I would have no reason to come back in this hotel....

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed November 30, 2018

Just finishing up my 5th and last night at New Victoria Hotel. Property is tired and fit and finish not the best but nothing that shouldn't be expected from a budget hotel. Bed was much more comfortable than I expected, plenty of hot water for shower. I found the breakfast above average for a budget property and certainly plenty to eat.

Hospitality started upon arrival there was a problem with the internet in my room. It was around 10:00 PM the person at the desk couldn't solve it and was unable to get the technician on the phone. They provided me with what I think is their private office internet connection and password which they told me could only be used on the 3rd floor but there is a seating area there and I was able to get online after being off during my long trip.

I continued to use the internet on the 3rd floor, one day they told me the internet had been fixed in my room (it had been) but I was welcome to continue to work on the 3rd floor if I wanted. They often brought me tea when they saw me working.

I was a little concerned being Jewish and staying in a Muslim area but they made me feel more than welcome. The hotel has a lot of Muslim tour groups and I was the only non-Muslim at breakfast. Not only did the breakfast staff treat me great but the people on the tour groups could not have been friendlier to me. Cleaning staff, front desk everybody has been so welcoming.

Location is great very close to the old city. Because I arrived late at night I didn't think to ask for a quiet room so my room faced the street. It is very busy during the day but falls quiet by 9-10 PM and was almost silent during the night so no trouble sleeping.

Need to be ready for a little after 6:30 AM tomorrow morning for my trip to the airport the breakfast staff has offered to come in and have breakfast ready for me at 6:30 instead of the normal 7:00 AM start time. If you don't mind a less than perfect physical property then this is a great choice for Jerusalem.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank alanb666
Reviewed November 6, 2018

Good hotel and caring staff but food can be better. If tea facilities can be provided, especially in the dining area. Had to ask for tea but was told it would be available later. At times, salad was not fresh and was causing stomach problems. It was only when I stopped eating it that I felt better.

Date of stay: September 2018
Fearless797507, Manager at Victoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2018

Thanks for your notice. Its seems your body is unfamiliar with the food at our country, All the salads we prepare at our hotel & its fresh. Looking forward to see again at our hotel.