“Awesome Guide!”

Jerusalem Three Religions Mount of Olives Walking Tour
Ranked #6 of 258 Tours in Jerusalem
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Rain or shine, a free tour starts at 11:00 & 14:00 every day.
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We have used Sandeman's tours in Berlin, Prague, Tel Aviv, and now Jerusalem, and this tour proved to be just as good as the others. No disappointment here.

I do have to say that Jeremy may be the best Guide I have ever had. He was very well informed, spoke very well, and was quite funny(but not over the top as some guides who work for tips can be). He knew the area very well, but knew it's history even better. It seemed that He even knew where to stop to get the right acoustics to better project his voice.

I would certainly recommend Sandeman's Jerusalem, and if you can get in to Jeremy's tour, even better.

Don't forget to Tip!!

Shalom

Write a ReviewReviews (2,079)

Reviewed November 17, 2013

There is just no way you can really appreciate and understand the Old City without a tour and this company has the best experienced licensed tour guides at the best prices. I started out with the free tour on the morning of my first day in Jerusalem with Naomi who gave a great overview of the 4 quarters, the key highlights of each place, and a synthesis of the complex history that each stone tells the story of. The half day tour with Yariv Yaffe of the Mount of Olives and the Garden of Gethsamane the afternoon of the same day was second to none. The most outstanding part was the two hour extension he added on at no charge on the walk back to the Old City from the Mount of Olives, in the dark, where he not only explained every amazing site on the way and the Via de la Rosa, but took us into the Church of the Holy Sepulchre to show us the last 4 unmarked stations of the cross and the easy to miss underground burial caves in the room with the dirt floor which is the most important archaeological proof of this site, along with explanations of the many nuances impossible to see and know of on your own. Although I had visited the church before the tour, I realized that I did not see or understand all the places and intricacies of this ancient dark church run by mulitple Christian faiths, until having the experienced, dedicated, and enthusiastic guidance of Yariv. The following day I did the company's Holy City Tour with Ofur which continued to add more depth and context to the sites that define the ancient Old City. I especially appreciated his taking the time to have lunch with us at the end of the tour at one of the best felafel places in the Old City, to share his insights into the culture, meaning, and purpose of different Jewish traditions and communities such as the Orthodox Jews. Later in the week when I travelled with other tourists to different sites outside Jerusalem, I saw that those who had not done the Sandeman New Jerusalem Day Tours, simply missed alot trying to discover the Old City on their own and did not have the same level of understanding and appreciation as I did as a result of those tours. I would like to thank each of the tour guides for their excellent work in making my visit to the complex Old City of Jerusalem understandable and memorable.

Thank you, Visitor from the US Embassy in Kabul, Afghanistan

Reviewed November 16, 2013

this is a 2 hour tour that hits the major highlights of old city jerusalem. it's the first tour i did upon arrival, and was great because you go around almost the whole city, which can be quite confusing as it is laid out like a labryinth. i was able to familiarize myself with the different quarters and go back the next day, taking more time to explore.

the guide was informative and funny, which really captured my attention for the full two hours. i highly recommend this tour.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

We were recommended to Jeremy by a close friend. Before we started, Jeremy took a few minutes to learn how much we knew and what we would like to see. From this, he crafted a full day's tour which met all of our expectations perfectly.....and then some.

All our questions were met with a full explanation, including interesting and sometimes comical stories. There were places we never knew existed and explanations so fascinating that we could have all continued easily throughout the next day.

With Jeremy, a whole day means a whole day. At no point did we feel we were fighting the clock. This was a paid tour and it was worth every cent.

We will be back and when we are, only Jeremy will do

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I did the Free Tour and the Mount of Olives Tour with Yoni and th Holy City Tour with Allan.
Both were amazing. Not only they knew a lot, but also they were very objective and respectful. This is what I wanted from a tour of such city where religions and traditions get mixed. Constantly taking care of the group and encouraging us to ask questions.
Thank you Yoni ans Allan for a great tour!