“In love with the place”
Review of Nafoura

Nafoura
Ranked #44 of 749 Restaurants in Jerusalem
Cuisines: Armenian, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Nafoura Restaurant is located inside the old city's Jaffa Gate adjacent to the old old city wall and in the heart of trh christian Quarter,Nafoura sprawls gracefully over almost quarter acre of dining areas with archaeological columns ,gardens and fountains. The concept behind the Nafoura Restaurant is to provide a tranquil haven for visitors of the Old City away from the noise and the bustle of the bazaars.Opened all week except sundays. Barbecue night every thursday for special meats ,chickens ,and fish .From six till ten (summer time only)
Reviewed July 13, 2014

I went to nafoura first time by chance ,never will expect such a place in the old city ,what a garden and beautiful atmospher .nice family running the place you feel like home when we came back twice we had things on the house .tried most of the food it's perfect .if I ever visit Jerusalem again that's my place to eat .will miss you my friends

1  Thank Frederico20

Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

If you want a nice place in the old city this might be the best .drink fresh lemonade ,I ordered shrimps and its grilled on sqewers its unique .just your toilets in the garden needs renovation .they let me play piano ,thanks .

1  Thank carlosmadro
Reviewed July 12, 2014

This place is perfect from its great location in Jaffa gate ,and it's mezza and mix grills .the staff is so polite prices are reasonable portions are kind .recommended for late groups too

1  Thank Samdan2000
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Hmmm.... I read a lot of reviews to choose restaurants in Jerusalem. I am very surprised that this one has such high ratings. The location is good. Right near the Jaffa gate. The most beautiful part of the outdoor restaurant - that is, not covered by a tarp - is only available for drinks and not for dinner. So, although we were right next to the wall of the Old City, we had the feeling of being in a tent. The food was average at best. I ordered the Armenian "pizza". I have had it several times in Armenian restaurants, and this was definitely the least interesting I have ever had. It was bland and rather tasteless. For the mains we all went for meat dishes. All fine, but uninteresting. The restaurant did give us free baklava at the end with our coffee. The service was good, but there is much better food to be had in Israel.

Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Most of the cold and warm appetizers were amazing, the main course mediocre and the dessert a joke: slice of watermelon. Not that I didn't like it but it was not worth the price.