“Customer Service is Good. Well, depends who you talk to.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Ramada Jerusalem

Ramada Jerusalem
Ranked #61 of 98 Hotels in Jerusalem
New York
“Customer Service is Good. Well, depends who you talk to.”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

This hotel is extremely dated, but if you do get a good rate, it would encourage you to stay here, especially if you find this hotel on an opaque website, like I did. One extreme flaw to this property is their lack of technology, and that frightens me. I booked an online reservation about fifteen hours before my arrival to the Ramada Jerusalem. When I arrived at the hotel at the start of the check-in period, I was told that because I booked it less than twenty-four hours in advance, they're going to have to manually "fetch" my reservation. I was originally told it would take a couple of minutes. Ten minutes later, I was then told it would take an additional couple of minutes..."hopefully". It ended up taking 45-Minutes to retrieve my reservation. Once it was all cleared up, we did get the room we were expecting, and the front desk was very friendly and accommodating with finding nearby restaurants to eat at, and directions to public transportation. Would I stay here again? Private message me for the answer...

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bridgewater, NJ
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel twice while visiting Israel with a tour group. We were told on our first trip this is where all the Americans stay while visiting Jerusalem and now I wonder why after our stay. The food is a pretty basic kosher menu but not the best you can find. We had much food much better at other places we stopped in to visit. The rooms are very worn, very dated and the beds are very uncomfortable. The carpet is dirty so bring your slippers. If you have the opportunity, try another hotel while in Jerusalem.

Room Tip: ask for a room on a lower floor to avoid the traffic jam at the elevator. This hotel is full of tou...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank BridgewaterBill
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

.......I regret my night in the semifinished star hotel room to sleep half the night you hear the nuisance location of the hotel away from the city does not have a thing be full tourist pleasure ... Bad choice bad service .......and thank you '''..

Stayed January 2014
5 Thank Mohamed J

Travelers are raving about these Jerusalem hotels

philadelphia
Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

Dirty floors that clearly weren't vacuumed and black mold in showers. Location is awful-on a highway! Horrible place to
Bring kids-and they charge for wifi. The gym is nice. We were on a tour so we had no say on place to stay-very disappointed.

• Stayed December 2013
4 Thank dubin7
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We were quoted a special pricing on phone since we didn't check in until after 11.... we stayed for two nights, connecting rooms.. rooms were very dated, had an aweful odor in each..... When we went to check out,pricing was more then double of what we were originally quoted...My credit card was then charged over 1,500.00 for a two night stay.... I contacted my credit card from the lobby as the manager and staff were extremely unhelpful and literally lied and yelled to us in public..Manager actually cursed us in Hebrew in public... I have the charges disputed and my credit card company is backing me up all the way... what a disgrace to have been scammed by this horrible dated hotel... We could have stayed at the Citadel for less then half of this price.. A real shame and embarrassment!!!!!

Room Tip: Choose another Hotel!!!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Guest215
RamadaJerusalem, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Jerusalem, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
The guest of the above review "Aweful" made a telephone reservation to stay in our hotel "Ramada Jerusalem". The person that he made the reservation with, has over 20 years experience with us and he was quoted a price for one night only (as per his request) and when he checked-in to the hotel he signed the registration card for one night. At the end, the guest decided to stay for two nights. Unfortunately, this guest is lying. The guest paid upon check-out for two rooms (as per his initial reservation) for two nights for the amount of $677 and in addition he paid $120 for extras.

Regrettably, the TripAdvisor website at times becomes a place for disgruntled guests to threaten hotels. This guest specifically threatened us, that if we did not give him a discount on his total bill, he would write a review slamming the Ramada Jerusalem Hotel.

In 2013, the Ramada Jerusalem Hotel hosted over 120,000 guests. This specific individual is the only one to claim he was charged twice. Our hotel, unlike others, does not make up favorable reviews and then posts them just to look good to other guests.

New York City, New York
Reviewed December 16, 2013

the hotel was renovated nicely since 2008 when i was there last, its probably the best value you can get for your money. if you are driving, definitely yes. its glatt kosher and the facility is new. as all hotels in Israel, breakfast is a lavish part of all hotels.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
São Paulo, SP
Reviewed November 27, 2013

The hotel itself is not bad, the problem is the location! Away from it all, no shops or restaurants nearby. What is even worse on the day of Shabbat, which begins on Friday at dusk, when everything closes, public transport stops and you are dependent on taxis, which charge 25% more that day! You just get trapped inside the hotel! If you do not want to be exploited and bound to pay $ 45 for an average buffet at the hotel, so go to a supermarket before evening and buy some food to eat in the room.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family