“Wonderful Place to Stay for a trip of a life time”
Review of Legacy Hotel

Legacy Hotel
Ranked #50 of 99 Hotels in Jerusalem
Cincinnati
“Wonderful Place to Stay for a trip of a life time”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We spend 11 days at the Legacy. From the first day we knew we made the right choice with this hotel. Rooms are very clean bed was very comfortable. Walking distance to the Old City and the Holy Sepulchre! Staff was pleasant and accommodating 24/7! Terrace for lunch, dinner or just drinks and snacks with an amazing view is a wonderful place to go after sightseeing to reflect about your day! The food at the restaurant was wonderful each time. We had dinner at the restaurant for 10 friends one night and everything about it was exceptional! Mousa the General Manager was wonderful and greeted us everytime he saw us,always making sure everything was to our liking. We definitely recommend staying here if you are traveling to Jerusalem. Many thanks to Mousa and his staff for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Raymond E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We had two nights here and would have liked longer. This place is south a pleasant place to stay.
The rooms are small but very nicely presented. They have beautiful balconies with a nice table and chairs and lovely flowers growing over the railing.
The real highlight though was the breakfast. After 4 weeks of traveling through the middle east and the constant breakfasts of stale bread little else this was such a treat.
I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank MrDBP
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 10, 2012

when i went to Jerusalem i was told that the legacy was a small basic and clean i was shocked to find a five star hotel with amazing staff food and rooms with free WIFI every night i had dinner at the rooftop restaurant with the most amazing view the old city which happened to be only a short walk away

Room Tip: try and get the highest rooms they have the most amazing views and the rooms themselves are amazing
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank tarek a
Amman, Jordan
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I had huge water leak in my room 420, and the hotel's treatment was terrible.

There was poor maintenance of the water drainage in the room, and equally important poor communication among the staff, and Hotel manager and the receptionist were quite unfriendly, while (I have to admit) the night manager (Mr Firas Ishiman) and the housekeeping person were so kind and helpful.

I took shower around 10,30pm of 30 Aug, and then i found huge water leak from my bathroom due to poor water drainage, and water came to my bed room as well. Virtually all over were so wet in my room.

The housekeeping and night manager (Mr Firas Ishiman) were very kind. I was tired and a bit upset as it was close to midnight. They kindly gave me other room and helped me to change the rooms. Mr Firas said he would talk to the receptionist and the hotel manager, and promised me to give me compensation for that night when i check out in the morning of 31 August. He said the manager would come and meet me when I check out before 8am.

I slept well because of the nice treatment of Mr Firas and housekeeping person. However, it was totally different in the following morning of 31 August.

I went for check-out around 7.45am of 31 Aug. The manager was not there, and the receptionist lady did not know anything about the incidence on the previous night. She just gave me the bill as if nothing had happened. I asked her whether she knew anything about the incidence, and received any message from the night manager or the hotel manager, but she flatly said no.

So I explained to her what happened the previous night, and that Mr Firas told me that the hotel may give me compensation. She then said to me that, since I was given the other room, there is no need for compensation and I should pay full for the night.

I then asked her to ask the manager. She was very reluctant, and i needed to ask her few times. Finally, she called the manager, and said to me that the Hotel would give me 10% discount.

I felt OK but was not at ease because she conveyed the manager's message as if i am making a trouble with the hotel. So I asked her that I wanted to talk to the manager. She said to me the manager was driving the car (and thus couldn't take the call). I asked her few times, and she finally called the manager. The manager's voice was further more unfriendly.

So, I told him and the receptionist that I dont want any discount and pay the full amount. She said OK and and told me, if i want, to send email to the hotel.

I then asked the receptionist about the name of the hotel manager. She was extremely reluctant. I did not understand why, so i needed to ask her few times again. She finally called the manager (and the manager answered the call quickly), and gave me the name of the manager (Mr Samer Nabulsi).

The Legacy Hotel has a wonderful restaurant at the top. I often went to the restaurants for dinner. Breakfast is also very good. What happened (huge water leak) was unfortunate. However, what is really unfortunate was the miscommunication and unfriendly manner of the hotel manager and the receptionist. I really felt sorry for that.

Room Tip: When you have a bath tub in your room, please make sure the water drainage is good
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank A_SEI
Perth, Australia
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I only stayed here two nights but would have liked to have stay here longer.
A nice small and modern Hotel with a great location in Jerusalem.

Staff where extremely Professional, helpful, polite and welcoming. A great job by all.

Rooms are spacious, modern and very clean. Includes free wifi service.

Bathrooms are very nice and clean.

Breakfast was amazing, very nice food, great selection and variety.

The Legacy Hotel has a few restaurant options. We had dinner in the Palms Garden Restaurant on both nights. Food was fantastic and the service was great. A really chilled atmosphere to sit back and relax.

The Bar in the hotel was also very nice and modern. A great place to relax and get a drink

This hotel i would recommend, Great location, professional staff, great service, good facilities.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Seth A
Glendale, California
Reviewed July 29, 2012

The hotel is within walking distance from most of the holy sites in Jerusalem. The rooms are modern, CLEAN, with great amenities: free WIFI. The staff were extremely professional and courteous. We had dinner at the roof-top restaurant, awesome food selection, large portions and beautiful presentation. The service was impeccable. Beautiful views of Jerusalem throughout the restaurant. The hotel offers free buffet breakfast that was extremely generous and caters to all tastes. We loved our stay at the the Legacy and we will be staying there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Nickglendale
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for four nights, the staff was very nice and helpfull. The rooms are big with a lot of space and the bathroom is big, we only had a little problem with the shower but it was fix quickly.
Both breakfast and dinner in the restaurant that is in the 5th floor are really good. I really recomend having dinner (wich is after 8pm), the view is beautiful and the food is amazing.
Even thou its in the arabic part, we did not have any problems or felt as if they where trying to get any ideas across.

• Stayed July 2012