Harmony Hotel Jerusalem - an Atlas Boutique Hotel
Ranked #10 of 101 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed August 8, 2009

A classic boutique hotel. Courteous, helpful staff that engaged you on personal level and made you feel a welcomed guest. Lovely rooms, even the housekeepers smiled and said good morning. Food delicious, fresh Israeli breakfast and an evening snack in a lovely lounge. Right in the middle of the West Jerusalem nightlife and shopping, ten minute walk to the old city.

This is an incredible alternative to a large 4 or 5 star hotel. If you need a sauna and a gym, this is not the place, and it is not a place for small children. The mood is serene, soothing, and sophisticated, not a family playground.

I'm in Israel frequently and I doubt I'll ever stay anywhere else in Jerusalem again.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,023)

Reviewed August 8, 2009

Our family stayed at the Harmony Hotel for four nights while visiting Jerusalem. I can only echo all the positives that have been stated in prior reviews. The location was ideal, the hotel rooms small in comparison to American hotels but similar in size to European standards, the staff very hospitable and efficient and breadfast was fresh and tasty. Rooms and public areas were spotless and the evening appetizers welcome. Also the rates were reasonable. I also agree there was sometimes noise in the streets audible in the wee hours of the morning, but this was not a big drawback for us.

I highly recommend the Harmony Hotel.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2009

What a delight to find this wonderful boutique property in the middle of the city. The rooms were spacious and airy, the location perfect, and the staff outstanding! Even better, the value of this hotel was the best of all .Just looking over the balcony to the pedestrian walk below was a treat.Everything needed was near at hand or a short cheap cab ride away.Food, shopping, people watching ,were all part of the Harmony experience. Each member of the hotel staff bent over backwards to be helpful, and the hotel manager certainly set the bar very high. Both breakfast and the free happy hour offerings were terrific, and I can't wait to visit this wonderful facility again. This property has earned my highest rating and I cannot recall a better combination of location, value and staff anywhere else in town. You can surely pay more, but you won't get more than what is available at the Harmony!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 2, 2009

I stayed at the Harmony for a week while doing research in Israel. As an academic, my budget was limited, and after having experienced horrible Jerusalem inns in the past, the Harmony was a pleasant surprise. The location in the pedestrian zone around Ben Yehuda Street is excellent--one can easily walk to the Old City, and neighbourhoods like the German Colony where many of my friends who teach at the Hebrew University live--and the hotel is surrounded by smaller and larger places to eat and drink. This is good because the hotel does not have a restaurant that serves lunch or dinner. The only drawback from the plenitude of eating and drinking places is some late-evening noise which makes one to close the windows. The Harmony has a friendly and very helpful staff, is very clean, and provides a good breakfast and, between 5 and 7 pm, free drinks and snacks in the lounge. I used the laundry service, and found it both affordable, efficient and of good quality. The size of the smaller rooms might be too tight for travelers used to the expanse of North-American rooms--my room had a double bed and a small desk, but no space for an easy chair. For a single traveler like myself this was acceptable, but it would have been a bit tight for two. Nevertheless, I'll certainly will choose this hotel again when I visit Jerusalem with my wife, and ask for a room one size larger. Some of the other guests I got to know were frequent returnees, and one enjoyed her third visit and was happily staying for three or four weeks. I easily understood why. All in all the Harmony was a home away from home.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 30, 2009

The Harmony Hotel is on a pedestrian street just south of Jaffa Road and around the corner from Zion Square and the Ben Yehuda mobs, but feels like a world away. It's still under the radar, since it's relatively new, but that will change very soon. Rooms are very comfortable, great beds and the breakfast and afternoon receptions are great. The staff is very helpful and friendly, and I would recommend this hotel at the top of the list.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2009

I really enjoyed my stay at the Harmony hotel.
The location is excellent. It is just a few steps from some of the best restaurants in town. There are many nice bars in the area, good shopping, and it is just 10 min. walk to the Old City.

The breakfast was good and they also offer complimentary hors d'oeuvres in the afternoon.

The rooms are not cleaned during Sabbath but I did not see that as a problem.

I forgot my reading glasses in my room and Lilach (the front desk manager) kindly sent them by postal mail. I did not even know where I had lost them, so it was very nice of her to send me an email letting me know that I had forgotten them.

I would definitively stay at the Harmony hotel during my next trip to Jerusalem!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 25, 2009

We booked for 2 nights as part of our 25th wedding anniversary...and stayed 4. That says it all. A warm welcome and an immediate early check in. A lovely boutique hotel...with wonderful staff...understated elegance in every aspect. Boutique room (508), a wooshy shower...a limited view...not the old city...but not a brick wall. Great breakfast selection and coffee...in a lovely...perhaps slightly arty setting. Not cheap...but in my opinion worth the difference. About 15 minutes walk from Jaffa gate. Lovely little cafe/restaurants in the adjoining pedestrianised street provide a wide choice of food in a lovely bustling atmosphere...although note that only one or two remain open over the Fri/Sat. We loved it.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple