“As nice as I'd hoped it would be”

Harmony Hotel Jerusalem - an Atlas Boutique Hotel
Ranked #13 of 99 Hotels in Jerusalem
Fort Lee, United States
“As nice as I'd hoped it would be”
Reviewed August 11, 2011

When I learned that my friend was getting married in Jerusalem in May, I got to work right away. El Al tickets, check. Travel medical insurance (accessamerica.com), check. Now where to stay. Trip Advisor was the best. I was not spending King David or Inbal money. Spent hours on Trip Advisor and just kept coming back to Harmony because the reviews are so positive and appealing. I am here to report that all those positive reviews ARE ABSOLUTELY TRUE. There is nothing that I read that is untrue. (And I read tons of them before I made my decision and many, many more after because there are many tips offered by reviewers as far as where to go.) Yes, the rooms are small. But very pretty and comfortable with a nice bathroom and good AC. Yes, the staff is friendly and terrific. Yes, it's in a fabulous central location. Yes, the breakfasts are GREAT and so is the coffee. Yes, the happy hour is such a nice touch and nice way to sit and chat with people while having a nice little snack. Yes, the whole look of the hotel is appealing and fresh. Additionally, the staff is extremely responsive to emails. I needed a copy of my invoice 2 months after arriving home and boom, the next day there it is in my inbox.

Let me advise every one of you to buy travel medical insurance. If you're traveling internationally, your health insurer will cover only emergencies. And if you have an accident (trip and fall let's say) and go to an ER and are then admitted to the hospital to have surgery a day or two later, let's say for a broken leg, your healthcare provider will pay for ER only and not a penny after you are an inpatient. Once you're admitted, they don't consider it an emergency. The only surgery they'll pay for is if they send you to OR directly from ER. A $90 policy could save you $25,000. And that policy will give you tons of assistance getting home such as upgrading you and the escort they provide to first or business class if you, say, can’t sit in a coach seat for 12 hours. I can tell you that the people at accessamerica.com were wonderful. Don't be a dummy. Buy that insurance. Hopefully you pay the premium and never use the benefit.

And definitely stay at Harmony Hotel. It's a total pleasure. Next trip to Israel, hopefully in 2012, I will go back to Harmony.

Also, I highly recommend the day tour of Masada and Dead Sea. $92 and arranged through the hotel. A lot of fun and so interesting. After Masada on the way to Dead Sea, the bus stopped at a very low-brow place for lunch. Lunch was cheap and good enough. But this place has a gift shop where I spent $240 on wonderful gifts, most of it lotions and potions made by Sea of Spa, all made in Israel, all great smelling. There’s a place across the street from the hotel that sells this stuff. Check their prices before you take the Masada/Dead Sea tour, and if they’re a lot better at the roadside place, stock up. My gift recipients were delighted.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Marge T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Hotel was terrific. Plenty of positives going for it:
- Great location (about 1km/15 mins from Jaffa Gate, 1.8km/23 mins from Western Wall). Also, immediately next to Ben Yehuda pedestrian street.
- Comfortable hotel rooms with reasonable space and modern ammenities
- Great recommendations on what to see and where to go and how to get there best
- Helped get us a group taxi to the airport on final day
- Free breakfast with plenty of tasty food
- Free wifi internet
- Parking available (not sure of cost, didn't use it)
- Terrific recommendations for restaurants (check out Link nearby if you want some awesome food).

We highly recommend this hotel and enjoyed our stay here. Made touring Jerusalem and the surrounding areas much easier and from a perfect 'home base'.

Only possible downside is this is not a 'cheap' hotel -- rooms will run you $250 - $300 most likely (though pretty good value given the location and ammenities)

Room Tip: Look on a site such as booking. com
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank 3CatsFromBoston
Porto, Portugal
Reviewed August 8, 2011

I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights. The location is excellent: the hotel is within walking distance to the Old City and at night there are a lot of restaurants, cafes and shops opened nearby.
Rooms are comfortable and breakfast is quite good.
Regarding to service, it depends of who is at the frontdesk. I found a guy who was very competent and who gave me some very good advices about Bethlehem.
Although, book the shuttle service for the airport was a huge difficulty. I've tried once, the girl told me that I should book the day after. I've tried for the second time, another girl booked the shuttle and told me to pay in cash in the afternoon. At the end of the day, when I wanted to pay, I realize that the shuttle service wasn't booked. This time, the guy at the frontdesk told me that he will do it. That night, the frontdesk called me at 3a.m. because the shuttle was waiting for me outside. However, the reservation was for the day after. Finally, in the departure day, the shuttle picked me 30 minutes later and it was hard to catch the plane.
So, the hotel is comfortable, has a good relationship between quality and price and an excellent location. Be carefull about the shuttle service.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Maria76Porto
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed August 5, 2011

This hotel is located at a very nice, kind of bohemian neighborhoood surrounded of art galleries, little restaurants and bars, two blocks away from the Mamilla Shopping Center, and a mere 6 blocks from the Jaffa Gate one of the entrances to the old city.
We stayed at this hotel for two nights, got upgraded to a triple room so it was quite spacious, with two double beds one in each side of the room and even two LCD screens . ( we heard the double rooms are not that big).
The decor is nice and modern, the bathroom is good, the beds are comfortable, good internet acces for free, and the staff very helpful and attentive. I've asked for a better hair dryer than the one on the bathroom,and they promptly provided me with one.
Breakfast buffet is also very good.
definitely we'll stay again here our next time in Jerusalem.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
illinois
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Really enjoyed our 6 night stay at this warm and friendly hotel..Great location very near Ben Yahuda Street and also, close to the Sharut station. Nicely air conditioned except for the hallways. Lovely breakfast included. Terrific host staff..very helpful with travel advice. very comfy bed.
Drawbacks: Not much storage space and no drawers. Also no clock in room. Fridge in room keeps things cool but certainly not cold.

Room Tip: rms ending in 10 are
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank MsMfs
Roslyn, New York
Reviewed August 3, 2011

We just stayed at the Harmony Hotel with our 3 teen/young adult children. We had wonderful stay! The hotel is beautiful, with fabulous decor. The location is just amazing and is right in the heart of the city! The breakfast buffet was wonderful, as was the cocktail hour. The rooms are beautifully decorated. We especially enjoyed the pool table in the lounge. Ayala and Yasmine were so helpful at the front desk, arranged dinner reservations and recommended all kinds of things to do in Jerusalem. Even my husband (who does not typically love Jerusalem) had a wonderful time! I very highly recommend Harmony Hotel and look forward to staying there again!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Sniderfam
Haifa, Israel
Reviewed August 3, 2011

We stayed for two nights and we found this hotel to be one of the best hotels that we have been to. The rooms are nice and clean with view of the old NAHLAT SHIVAH from the 5th
floor. The breakfast is one with a large choice of foods that you do not see elsewhere and
you can order extra food with no extra charge.
The location , walking distance to the old city of Jerusalem, is very convenient and one does
not need a car (ours was staying idle at the hotel's parking).
In our next visit to Jerusalem , planned in summer 2012, we hope to stay again in Harmony.
The staff was friendly and willing to assist in everything that we requested

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple