“Nice to Visit”

Ranked #17 of 308 things to do in Jerusalem
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Much of the Bible was written here, where kings and prophets walked. During your visit you will see walls and towers that protected the city from its enemies and discover its water systems.
Sterling, Colorado
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Nice to Visit”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Very informative, and definitely worth visiting if you are doing a walking tour of the city as I did with my friends. Did not do the paid tour part - just the one that is free.

Visited November 2013

141 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 131 helpful votes
“Great historical overview!!!!”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

An archaeological site that brings the formation of the David's City to light via a short movie and visitation to the actual excavation of the City David built to unite the tribes of Israel. Our tour guide was truly outstanding and her enthusiasm made this a great experience. The city tour offers many different ticket options and can be tailored to the length of time you wish to spend, and if you have young children with you.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank Anthony H
Agassiz, B.C. Canada
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Fill up your water bottle here”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

It's kind of confusing. We paid to see Hezekiah's tunnels, and thought the rest of the site would be included too, but were told that we couldn't watch the movie without paying again.

Visited October 2013
chicago
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Moving, touching, enlivening...”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Israel captures your spirit, captivates your soul, and holds you warmly in its grasp. With each turn I take, there is something new, something enlivening, and something overwhelmingly enticing. Such is the case with the City of David - it's a magical, mystical, and wondrous experience...never-ending, for its tales remain with me long after I've returned to my home country --- where I dream about the stories of the City of David; where I long to visit the ancient stories set against the backdrop of this amazingly modern country; the City of David, where I know I will be entranced over and over again by this spellbinding site of significance. The City of David - it's a place for all to see; for all to experience. The materials provided are comprehensive. The tour guides' knowledge reaches beyond my expectations. I can't wait to go back.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank cindy s
Tel Aviv, Israel
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“City of David Visitors Center”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

City of David - This site is just outside the Old City walls, where David set up his city, having captured it from the Jebusites. His son Solomon built the Second Temple on the site of the Dome of the Rock and expanded the city northwards but this was where Jerusalem started. The best way to see the area is to head for the City of David's Visitor Centre and take one of their guided walks.
I decided to pass on the tunnel and spent the time on the observation platform of the centre and wandering round the immediately surrounding area. This proved to be an excellent decision on my part as it gave me an hour and a half to sit and look and really absorb what was all around me. My family and I thoroughly enjoyed our visit.

Visited August 2013