“The best view I ever had in a restaurant”

Notre Dame Rooftop Wine & Cheese
Ranked #27 of 716 Restaurants in Jerusalem
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Tel Aviv, Israel
“The best view I ever had in a restaurant”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

A nice place with good food. Its a unique place because of the view from the roof top. The old city of Jerusalem just lies under and we were excited. Good service with reasonable prices. We took cheese, salads and wine as well as deserts.

• Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Andorra
“Special place”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

There is no significance to describe of the attractions and views of the Old City of Jerusalem.
Really, the view and ambiance looking over is breath taking.
My experience in this restaurant showed inexperience and lack of training and supervision of the staff. Their language skills in both Hebrew and English was poor and I found it difficult to communicate my requests. For example, it was my birthday and I received as a gift a bunch of flowers. I requested from the waiters a vase of water 3 times to place my flowers but didn't receive it at all. Another example, we requested to replace the ashtrays on the tables but this wasn't performed too. Furthermore, the main dish was serviced at different times even-though the restaurant was not full.
But..
The view of the Old City and the Mount of Olives is indeed unique and spectacular.
The steak and the See Bass Fish were outstanding.
Cheese platters from around the world and the wine selection were almost perfect and the price was decent.
Free parking inside the compound.
Reservations recommended.

2 Thank evakama
Jerusalem, Israel
“Very Romantic”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

There is no other place with a view of the Old City as this place. We ordered cheese fondue, very suitable for cool summer evening in Jerusalem. Reasonable service, for some reason the waiters insist on speaking only English, although it is clear they understand Hebrew. Prices are quoted in dollars, not cheap but not terribly expensive. Recommended especially for couples who want to enjoy the stunning views of the Old City with a nice glass of wine.

1 Thank BOAZs75
stamford, CT
“Incredible view but...”
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

You cannot find a better view of the Old City of Jerusalem but...the food is only average and the service amateurish. The staff shows inexperience, lack of training and virtually no supervision. To top it all off, a waitress hit me on the head (accidentally!) with a tray, while she was carrying two glasses of red wine...the wine spilled all over my shirt and pants and the broken glasses left shards for other guests to stumble though. If it wasn't so hot, desert dry and breezy I might have been really upset but it all dried quickly, although I had to leave looking ridiculous.

Wouldn't you think the manager would rush over, etc? We had TO ASK and then were told he wasn't there. The young assistant really didn't have a clue about a professional response

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Phil S
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
“Notre Dame, Jerusalem”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We visited this restaurant as a party touring the Holy Land. The restaurant itself was very clean and modern, the tables were nicely laid out and the food was of excellent quality and was served in good time.

I would have given this five stars but the place was let down by the waiters who never smiled and one was very surly; as we were leaving, he pushed past my wife, pushing her out of the way!

Don't these guys understand that they are the face of the organisation and have let down all their colleagues?

I went to the customer service desk to ask for the manager to point this behaviour out to him but the agent on the desk was on a phone call and ignored me standing there

• Visited March 2013