Little House In Rechavia
Hillel 11(Jerusalem)
Windmill Hotel(Jerusalem)
21st Floor Hotel(Jerusalem)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgreat locationquiet neighborhoodsmall hotelold citybed and breakfastincluded in the room priceminute walkwalking distancestayed in this hotel for nightssmall fridgefamily roomsaladtea coffeevery nice staygreat synagoguereception deskair conditioner
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 24, 2010

My wife and I recently stayed at this place for two nights. As indicated by the title of this review, it's rather basic but everything works ok--air conditioning (though no fan, which would be a good alternative), tv, plumbing, shower, etc.-- and is perfectly adequate. By basic, I mean the rooms have the basic furnishings and some are pretty small. (And our bathroom was tiny--but again, adequate). Similarly, the breakfast is on the basic side, but is ok. One computer terminal with a good connection in the lobby. Some outdoor seating in front of and to the side of the building for breakfast or hanging out. Staff not super friendly, but certainly not rude and were very helpful with things like finding out bus schedules, ordering taxis, etc.

We paid $129 total per night, including breakfast, which I think is pretty good value for Jerusalem. The location is quite good, maybe 10 minutes walk from the center of town and 15-20 minutes from the Old City. Rehavia is a nice, generally quiet neighborhood. The hotel itself was not quite as quiet, with nearby construction noise one morning and sometimes guests or their kids shouting in the hallways. Also, the street that the hotel is on is a side street but still sometimes gets a decent amount of traffic so could be a bit noisy. But all in all the noise levels were tolerable most of the time.

For a relatively quiet and pleasant room (such as ours), I'd suggest that future visitors make sure to specify that they do not want to be located near reception or the dining area on the ground floor, since that gets kind of busy. I would think that a top floor room (there are three floors in the hotel) that does not face the street would be best. Even then, it looks like there could be some construction going on in the building next door, though when we were there it was not bad.

We didn't have a car, but I'd second other reviewers' comments about parking in the area being a potential hassle.

While this isn't the most enthusiastic review, my bottom line is that if I were visiting Jerusalem again I'd definitely consider going back to this hotel if the price were about the same.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Southside
Reviewed March 10, 2010

We stayed here for 3 nights and it is one of the more affordable options in central Jerusalem with good service and the Old City within walking distance. We stayed in a family unit which worked well for our kids who thought their private room was awesome.

There are only two issues with Little House. One is parking, which if you have a car is quite difficult and you have to really monitor your meter because the parking attendants do ticket and being a foreigner with a rental car is no excuse. The hotel does not offer all that much help in addressing this or giving good advice for alternatives. The other thing which was somewhat irritating was the dust on the floor in the rooms, you see it a lot in hotels, but this was really a borderline amount of dust.

Breakfast is good, though average by the usual high Israeli breakfast standards.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 27, 2009

The staff went out of their way to be helpful and accommendate our needs. They wer very friendly and efficient. Breakfast was good, fresh with always enough to eat.
Location in Rechavia was perfect for Shabbat observers and walks to central Jerusalem.
The rooms were clean and well maintained and the price per night was good value.
We would without hesitation return on future visits to Jerusalem.

Denver, Colorado.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank myatalia
Reviewed December 13, 2009

We stayed for 6 days at this hotel, and it served as a perfect base to explore Jerusalem. It is a 10-min walk to the Old City (Jaffa Gate), also 10-min walk to Ben Yehuda street, which is the heart of Jerusalem. It is also centrally located, so easy to walk to the Israel Museum, or to take a cab to Yad Vashen museum (you can then take a bus back from Yad Vashen). The breakfast is simple but delicious, the staff could not be more friendly and supportive, and the rooms are clean. I also had to book some tours, so staff provided me some brochures and I made the calls from my room. To my surprise, they don't overcharge phone calls made from the room like any other hotel, I had to pay only 2 dollars for a handful of phone calls! Also, there's wireless internet FREE at your room, and a computer with internet at the lobby FREE if you don't have a laptop. The only downside was the bed in our room, I'm not sure if they don't have queen / king size beds, so we had to sleep on two beds put together. Aside from this, it was a good break from staying in chain hotels.

TIP for travelers booking tours: tours that go to the North of Israel have to go through Tel Aviv. So, if you book a tour from Jerusalem, the tour company will come pick you up very early in the morning for tours going to Caesaria/Haifa/Akko and Nazareth/Tiberias/Sea of Galilee. The first tour (to Caesaria) is highly recommended, specially the visit to the grottos at the border with Lebannon. But, for these 2 tours, I would also recommend you stay in a hotel at Tel Aviv, do these tours, and then ask the tour company to drop you off at a hotel in Jerusalem. For other tours to Masada/Dead Sea and to Bethlem, you should book them from Jerusalem for the same reason. Masada and the Dead Sea is a must!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AlfredoW
Reviewed September 13, 2009

This is a small "hotel" with a family feel. Everyone here wants to make your stay as comfortable as possible, from the front desk staff, to the gentleman who puts the wonderful breakfast buffet together every morning. (The breakfast is truly wonderful!) They really do go out of their way to answer questions for you - from giving directions, to recommending restaurants. Sometimes the front office staff is doing a few things at once, but they always managed to help us out, and were really cheerful about it!
We (family of 4) stayed in a 2-room "suite." It was quite reasonable and roomy compared to taking 2 rooms at a "real" hotel. My teens were happy, too! (As anyone with teens knows, when they're happy, you're happy!)
The location in Rehavia was very good - walking distance to downtown and the Old City.
We can't say enough good things about this place!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family