Little House In Rechavia
Hillel 11(Jerusalem)
Windmill Hotel(Jerusalem)
21st Floor Hotel(Jerusalem)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgreat locationquiet neighborhoodsmall hotelold citybed and breakfastincluded in the room priceminute walkwalking distancestayed in this hotel for nightssmall fridgefamily roomsaladtea coffeevery nice staygreat synagoguereception deskair conditioner
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Lovely, small hotel in a great neighborhood, an easy walk to almost anywhere. The rooms are spartan, but the breakfasts are generous, and the staff is helpful. Good value for the self-sufficient traveller.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank HBK540
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel three times in the last four months. I've had to travel back and forth to Israel to help my aged aunt, and each time I arrive, I am treated as if I were a member of a family. Even the first time!

This last journey was very stressful, because I had to put my aunt into a nursing home, deal with paperwork in a language I don't understand, etc. The staff at the desk kindly interpreted documents for me and even faxed over a change/cancellation of service request for me to the water department. This took a huge load from my shoulders.

While I still have more to do, just being able to identify the documents has helped immensely, thanks to the staff at Little House in Rehavia.

As an inn, rather than a hotel, it is well worth a stay. The breakfast is substantial, even on the Sabbath. The rooms have air conditioning, generally are kept well and, as I said above, the staff is wonderful.

Room Tip: Some people have said the rooms are small, but I think they are average size for the country - even large by some European standards. Rooms upstairs tend to be quieter, though.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Facebookscrn42
Reviewed May 3, 2013

If you need a good home base in Jerusalem, look no further. A Little House in Rechavia is perfectly situated for almost anywhere you want to go. And if it's not within walking distance, you'll have buses less than a block away and the new light rail system just a 10 minute walk. Don't let the spartan first impression fool you. Although there is not much storage space (few drawers and limited closet) beds are very comfortable. Breakfast is ample and fresh. The staff is like family. And free wifi! The staff was so helpful at finding me a place for dinner on Shabbat and letting me rest and freshen up before my flight home, even though I had already checked out. This little house really did feel like home -- in a beautiful residential neighborhood, too.

Room Tip: My room for one had a very comfortable double bed. Plenty of room to spread out with the day's maps, brochures, and souvenirs before turning off the light. Rooms close to the elevator are a little noisy, but most folks use the stairs.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 28, 2013

When arriving for check in, the lady working at the front desk was incredibly friendly. The customer service seems to vary per staff member, but everyone was generally nice and usually helpful. The rooms are plain... very plain. Just remember this isn't a five star and you'll be fine. It's a straight forward room that tells you, "Don't mind me, you're just here to sleep and shower anyway, right?". Couples, the double room is two twin beds pushed together, so someone may accidentally sink between beds when rolling over at some point.

Although the room and bathroom are basic, it was clean (enough for me). Also, the bottle labeled "Shampoo & Conditioner" is not a 2-in-1. Ladies, make sure to pack conditioner because this will dry out your hair.

The hotel is in a really great location. It's in a quiet neighborhood and walking distance to the Old City, outdoor mall, markets, and plenty of restaurants. In all of my research on where to stay in Jerusalem, Little House seemed to be the best choice as far as location and price, without compromising quality.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank salpytalian
OdedNiv, Owner at Little House In Rechavia, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

I appreciate your comments.
Upon request we have an option to combine the 2 beds together so that no one falls out of bed whatever one does.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Staff are extremely friendly and caring. Nothing is too much (even after you have left the hotel you can call them for local tips and advice). Great Israeli buffet breakfast. Location is very central for Old City, City Centre, Night Life, etc., but secluded enough to be peaceful and quiet.

Altogether, very good value for money.

Room Tip: Avoid ground floor.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family