“Corny but fun”
Review of Genesis Land

Genesis Land
Ranked #77 of 310 things to do in Jerusalem
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Ride camels are only about 3 mins, which is probably enough for most people to say they "did it". The whole set up with "Abraham" welcoming you to his tent is corny but one of those vacation things you need to do.

1  Thank stegil

Reviewed June 29, 2011

In between the Dead Sea and Jerusalem our group stopped off at Abraham's Tent.
It is not much to look at but everyone in our group of 35 enjoyed the experience.
You can't take yourself too seriously when you stop here. Think like a child and just enjoy the camel rides to and from the road side "reception center" to the Abraham's tent for your lunch or dinner. This is not a four star restaurant and if this is what you want, continue on.
Your host, "Abraham", was an amusing fellow with a unique Jewish/Australian accent.
The food was basic, rustic but good. True to his word, Abraham provided food as long as you wished to continue eating. Back to the adult world, we ordered beer for all which made the lunch more interesting. The beer in Abraham's own words, "it will cost extra". But, of course. We had fun. It was fun sitting on the ground covered with carpets eating from a table top just a foot or so above the ground level.
Keep your shorts on and leave the tux in your vehicle. It is what it is and we enjoyed it.

3  Thank Chickyny
Reviewed June 23, 2011

Our large family group included all ages. Was fun, but there was a shortage of camels, so given our time constraints, not everyone had a chance to ride as other tour groups were there as well. That was disappointing.

Reviewed October 26, 2010

My extended family and I (9 people) all loved the experience of Abraham's tent. (Genesis Land was recommended to us by a friend that had visited Israel with his extended family in August 2010.) Even my 84 year old father-in-law rode the camel and had a great time. Contrary to a prior review, our host was Israeli, and not Australian. My son read the Hebrew passage relating the story of Abraham and the 3 messengers. We all enjoyed the authentic food which was plentiful. My father-in-law had the option of sitting in a chair instead of the ground. It was the perfect ending to a day spent at Masada and the Dead Sea.

4  Thank LindaT7
Reviewed March 26, 2010

Recently I visited Genesis Land with a group for dinner. While I use trip adivisor on all travel decisions this rating is one I must disagree with. Aside from the view over the valley, which can be had for free in too many spots to number there is no reason to waste valuable time at this place. There is the optional camel ride for a few minutes and then dinner in a rather dirty tent like area. There is a comedian telling the history of Israel with an Australian accent and dinner. While the comedian may have been funny again that is not why you visit Israel. Sitting on the floor was difficult and uncomfortable for most people in the group. Sounds fine for a few minutes but not for dinner. Part of the introduction was to eat since there was an endless supply of food. That was not true and there was little for vegetarians. While I am trying to be polite and not use stronger language since my review will then be ignored as written by one of the fussier people, this place is a total waste of time. I have never been disappointed with trip advisor reviews and have used it in North America, Europe and the Middle East. but this rating is not correct.

9  Thank davidleeds