“Fun, scenic, something different.”
Review of Genesis Land

Genesis Land
Ranked #68 of 304 things to do in Jerusalem
Az
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Fun, scenic, something different.”
Reviewed June 23, 2011

Our large family group included all ages. Was fun, but there was a shortage of camels, so given our time constraints, not everyone had a chance to ride as other tour groups were there as well. That was disappointing.

Kinnelon, New Jersey
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Loved the Experience”
Reviewed October 26, 2010

My extended family and I (9 people) all loved the experience of Abraham's tent. (Genesis Land was recommended to us by a friend that had visited Israel with his extended family in August 2010.) Even my 84 year old father-in-law rode the camel and had a great time. Contrary to a prior review, our host was Israeli, and not Australian. My son read the Hebrew passage relating the story of Abraham and the 3 messengers. We all enjoyed the authentic food which was plentiful. My father-in-law had the option of sitting in a chair instead of the ground. It was the perfect ending to a day spent at Masada and the Dead Sea.

3 Thank LindaT7
thornhill, ontario
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“this is not worth even being on trip advisors top 100 sites”
Reviewed March 26, 2010

Recently I visited Genesis Land with a group for dinner. While I use trip adivisor on all travel decisions this rating is one I must disagree with. Aside from the view over the valley, which can be had for free in too many spots to number there is no reason to waste valuable time at this place. There is the optional camel ride for a few minutes and then dinner in a rather dirty tent like area. There is a comedian telling the history of Israel with an Australian accent and dinner. While the comedian may have been funny again that is not why you visit Israel. Sitting on the floor was difficult and uncomfortable for most people in the group. Sounds fine for a few minutes but not for dinner. Part of the introduction was to eat since there was an endless supply of food. That was not true and there was little for vegetarians. While I am trying to be polite and not use stronger language since my review will then be ignored as written by one of the fussier people, this place is a total waste of time. I have never been disappointed with trip advisor reviews and have used it in North America, Europe and the Middle East. but this rating is not correct.

9 Thank davidleeds
Jerusalem, Israel
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Just like the good 'ol days!”
Reviewed February 23, 2010

For a really fun family activity, this is a great place to come with the kids, especially on a day you are traveling between Jerusalem and the Dead Sea. You ride on a camel, dress up like an ancient and bake bread over an open fire. Other activities can also be arranged. It's lots of fun, and you receive a camel drivers license when it's all over.

3 Thank RabbiGuide