“Be careful”

Jerusalem Meridian Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jerusalem
Jerusalem Meridian Hotel
Ranked #85 of 98 Hotels in Jerusalem
Adelaide, Australia
“Be careful”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2011

I am sure you will find better elsewhere. I am still not sure why there has only been 7 reviews for this hotel. This must surely have told me something. As this is the only hotel we have stayed in at Jerusalem, its hard to compare value and quality. All i can say is the first room we were given had more dust in it than the desert. The shower worked for 1 minute and the water stopped flowing. We were given another room, but the air conditioner did not work(but was fixed during our stay) The breakfast was very poor, bordering on a waste of time. The free washing machine/dryers were broken. The list goes on.

The major issue i also have is the hotel security. We have been traveling though the middle east, and this was the only hotel where i used a credit card. Now i cannot say 100% that it was this hotel where my details were compromised, but some one managed to get my card details and start making purchases form the USA, and the products were being shipped to Jerusalem. A bit of a coincidence? This did sour our stay if you cannot put any trust in the staff.

So read between the lines, only 7 reviews has to tell you that something is not right.
Would i stay at this hotel again - No
Would i recommend it to any one - No

• Stayed January 2011
3 Thank Brenton K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2011

This hotel has not gotten much "buzz" on Tripadvisor for hotels in Jerusalem so thought i'd add another review as there have not been many on this hotel.

The hotel is located in the "american colony" section of jerusalem, about a 10 min. walk from herod's gate in the old city. It is located in a rather residential neighborhood (mostly arabs) next to the christmas hotel. This hotel is hard to find if you're driving on your own. Easiest thing is to first find the american colony hotel and it is very close by. Would probably suggest emailing the hotel in advance (if you're not from Israel) as we spent quite awhile trying to find it.

The rooms are spacious for european standards. We had a standard desk, small TV with cable hook up (did not know how to use it as everything was in arabic), free wi-fi, business center, and fitness center in the hotel. There is secure parking on-site and with no extra charge like other hotels. We had a few small problems with our room (toilet did not work as well, shower pole, etc) but management was quick to fix it even changing our room if we needed to. We came in low season so i suspect there were a lot of rooms open. Room rate was neither cheap nor expensive in jerusalem.

Rooms are dated, but clean. Beds are firm which we like but some americans may found too hard. Quiet as well as it is in a residential neighborhood. Breakfast was adequate - we had heard about how great breakfast is in Israel - this is probably not the right hotel to showcase this (there were cereals, breads, cold meat, yogurt, fresh juice, fruit, some middle eastern dips - humus, etc).

They also have a restaurant at night - we actually tried it the first night we got in as we were exhausted just getting off a flight from the states, the chicken curry was great though prices were high but not higher than anywhere in jerusalem.

Would we stay here again?? probably given the value of the property (most other places with this close proximity to the old city would be much more expensive) there are other places closer by if you desire a larger chained hotel (olive tree and grand court hotel) are about 3-4 min. walk away. While we had a car, parking and streets were confusing in jerusalem so we mostly walked or used the buses for things close by. The location is good, within 10 min. you are in the old city and as no cars are allowed everything is walking once there. no close bus stops - but the 99 tour bus (which is the hop on- hop off equivalent stops at grand court hotel - stop #5, use that stop and you will be about 5-7 min. walk from the hotel).

Wi-fi is slow so if you are an intense computer user, may not be adequate - simple email, browsing the web is fine. they also have a business center which has computers if you did not bring one. they have a fitness center - but did not use it - looked like some exercise machines - nothing to write much about.

service was very good, staff friendly .. place is overall pretty decent. as this is my first hotel in israel, will reserve judgement on how it compares to other places after i've gone on.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Trekkersocal
Amman, Jordan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2010

I have been to Jerusalem many times but this was my first time at the Meridian Hotel. It was recommended to me by a friend in Jordan. I will be staying there in the future for sure. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Friendly staff and central location.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank karimjordan
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2010

If you want the ideal location for a hotel in jerusalem, this is it. The hotel has been rennovated since the last time I was here and the did a very good job.The restaurant is fantastic. All in all, it is clean, quiet and relaxing.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2010

I was lucky enough give this hotel a try after a tip from a friend. My expectations were completely surpassed as I spent two weeks in this great location. First off, the location is unbeatable. The hotel is located on a quiet street in a safe neighborhood only a few minutes from the Damascus Gates. As a woman, I felt very safe at all times of day walking to and from the hotel from the Old City and West Jerusalem. The staff were unbelievably helpful with any questions I had about the city and great at giving me advice on what to do/ see. My room was recently renovated and in great shape (excellent water pressure was a plus) and the internet was very fast. Rooms were cleaned daily and breakfast buffet was included each morning. I found myself at the Lotus (hotel restaurant) many times enjoying their peaceful atmosphere and diverse menu. I highly recommend the Curry dish if you have a chance. Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone passing through Jerusalem. This hidden jem is a must.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank smacin6
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2010

The location was just perfect. Everything within walking distance. The staff was really friendly. Rooms were very clean. Free internet was a nice touch. The restaurant serves excellent food. I highly recommend the jerusalem meridian hotel.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Washington, DC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2009

The staff are very friendly. However, the elevator never seemed to work. The toilet in my room ran continually. The lock on my door seemed to have been forced by a previous occupant. I could not get an outside line for the phone, nor an internet connection in the room. The internet connection in the business center sometimes worked, but the printer had no paper. So basically nothing worked, and the place isn't that cheap. I moved out after a day. This hotel needs a good overhaul.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Total lack of services
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Jerusalem hotels