Jerusalem Meridian Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Mamilla Hotel(Jerusalem)
Montefiore Hotel(Jerusalem)(Great Value!)
$164
$155
  • Breakfast included
Crowne Plaza Hotel Jerusalem(Jerusalem)(Great Value!)
$175
$126
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
Agripas Boutique Hotel(Jerusalem)(Great Value!)
$130
Villa Ba Moshava(Jerusalem)
$270
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I'm normally the person in our family who books the holiday accommodation but our trip to Jerusalem was very much my husband's idea so I let him get on with it this time. After staying in the Jerusalem Meridian I have now had to promise our 3 children (17, 14 and 11) that I will revert to booking the hotels in future.
This place is, as other reviews have stated, faded, tired and dated. The whole place needs a major redesign, from the filthy threadbare carpets to the ghastly rag-rolled peach walls. The breakfast is appalling, unless humous and salad in a gloomy basement is your idea of a good time.
We stayed in an apartment on the 4th floor which was spacious and clean but I woke up every morning with back ache from the cheap, uncomfortable bed and the sofa in the lounge area was so badly stained and greasy I didn't want to risk sitting on it. The shower leaked and needed to be treated for lime scale build-up. On the plus side the staff are all friendly and helpful.
The surrounding area is not great either, although the 10 minute walk to the old city was handy, my (modestly dressed) teenage daughter had to run the gauntlet of disapproving Muslim women and very unsubtle young men making insulting remarks and offering goodness knows what services. On the rare occasion my daughter and I ventured out alone the attention took a distinctly sinister turn. It's a shame because the trip itself was fascinating and Jerusalem is a holiday destination not to be missed. One day I hope to return, but next time I'll pay the extra and stay in the King David.

Room Tip: If you must stay here book an apartment, then at least you can prepare your own food to replace the appalling hotel breakfast
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

A really family feel to this straightforward hotel. Exceptionally friendly staff, always eager to help. For longer stays the appartments are clean, generous size and functional. Just a shame it doesn't seem to score as many tour groups as its neighbours, but it does mean it is usually quite peaceful, apart from the slightly noisy road. Hope the restaurant reopens properly soon.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

Bit of a faded glory. Dated interiors. Unimpressive breakfast. Erratic quality of housekeeping. Great location. Other better options nearby. Place is eerily empty. Think I saw one guest in the week I spent here.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank f200918
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I have stayed here twice on business trips, and although it is not the most up to date decor wise in the bedrooms, it is clean, friendly, well located, the food is good, the service is excellent and sitting in the garden in the evening is very pleasant.

Room Tip: The roof, which is disused, gives a great view over Jerusalem!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank MarieBreenSmyth
Reviewed November 17, 2011

I had about 10 days at the Meridian over two visits on business and it was a very good experience. I found the staff very welcoming, efficient, friendly and helpful. The two rooms that I stayed in were clean and very spacious and comfortable - I slept well there.
The included buffet breakfast was adequate (served in a fabulous old stone room) and the evening meals in the restaurant were of reasonable quality and price. The outside garden area of the restaurant was fabulous - very peaceful to sit with dinner and wine at the end of the day.
Having wifi in my room (free) was great. Location was good for an easy walk to the Old City. I would happily stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business