“Cafe Chakra”
Review of Chakra

Chakra
Ranked #15 of 706 Restaurants in Jerusalem
Cuisines: Mediterranean, European, Middle Eastern, Israeli
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Chakra - Jerusalem Chef restaurant, owned by the Chef, Eran Peretz. The place to enjoy rich cuisine, meticulous service and luxurious atmosphere of Jerusalem.
Maryland
“Cafe Chakra”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

We were looking for a restaurant that was open on Friday night within walking distance of our hotel. We happened to see the Cafe - we did not know that there was a "restaurant" at the same location. Our female server took excellent care of us, with attentive service and even an on-the-house dessert. We shared a pizza and a seafood pasta that was listed on the specials menu. Both were freshly prepared, good sizes portions and priced fairly. And did I mention delicious!
We would highly recommend dining at this cafe.

• Visited December 2013

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Jerusalem, Israel
“Nice food average service”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Last night we celebrated friends B-Day and decide to order chef's menu.
I always prefer to get my own plate of food, but I guess the way the food served in Chakra is different but never mind that :)
The starters that were great in mine opinion are the cauliflower, chopped liver, beet carpaccio and beef fillet carpaccio. The spicy red tuna and salmon were a bit to spicy, and that I'm saying as a person who loves spicy food.
The Ceasar salat was great!
The Crispy calamari was nice but nothing outstanding.
The mussel, shrimp and calamari were superb although the sauce was a bit salty.
Then we received the meat portions, they were just average and kinda disappointing because of the standards of the seafood we just ate.
I think that the best part of the meal were the desserts. We recieved 3 different desserts each and they all were perfect.
I would definitely come back even if it's only for the desserts.

• Visited December 2013
Moraga, California
“Wow! Chakra rocks! Give it a try...”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

This was my first; and hopefully not last, visit to Chakra. I tried the spicy red tuna bruschetta aioli and the beef fillet carpaccio with reggiano & balsamic - that was paired with a house wine - based on the recommendation of another expatriate - and I could not have been more pleased! The staff was exceptionally friendly - I will visit Chakra again, without a doubt, the next time I'm in Jerusalem. Book early to get a seat!

1 Thank EinReisenderAusCA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lively atmosphere, great food”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Several friends suggested that we visit this restaurant in the "new" part of Jerusalem. I´m really glad we took their advice. Remember to make a reservation!

The restaurant features a large oval bar adjacent to the open kitchen, and when we were welcomed by one of the waiters this early November evening, the space was already buzzing with hungry guests.

The menu features several appetizers, entrees and desserts, in addition to a tasting menu and today´s specials. Both meat lovers, fish lovers and vegetarians will find something to their liking, although the selection could have been wider.

We started the evening by ordering a bottle of Israeli Sauvignon Blanc from the Judean Hills and sampling the homemade bread accompanied with tomatoes and olive oil. The service started out slow and unfortunately remained under par throughout the meal. If the server the next station over hadn´t given us the attention that he did, we would have complained.

We continued the meal by sharing two appetizers: a salmon ceviché with spicy avocado salad and a spicy tuna tartare served on toasted bread. Both appetizers were delicious, creatively presented and quite sizable. A great start!

For our main courses we shared a wonderfully flavored seafood risotto with nice, creamy rice and gracious portions of shrimp, calamari and mussels. We also shared a pan-fried sea bream accompanied with green beens and spinach. We also got a green salad on the side. The skin of the fish was nice and crispy, lightly seasoned and the meat was succulent.

Neither of us are really dessert people, but when you get the choice of creme brulee, chocolate tarte, chocoloate mousee and sorbet it´s impossible to say no. The creme brulee was absolutely to die for and definately on par with the one we served at the Brass Elephant in Baltimore during my college years as a waiter.

Chakra is definately a place I would visit again and recommend to anyone wanting a nice, modern dining experience in Jerusalem. I would have given it an excellent rating if the service hadn´t been so unattentive.

Helsinki, Finland
“Good food, poor service in making reservation”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I sent my first email on October 6th to make a reservation for a table on November 1st. Due to the no reply I re-sent the email on October 10th. On October 16th I did get a confirmation by Shai Garusi (Executive Administrator) for Chakra RESTAURANT. I verified it, and got another message from the restaurant on October 21st, that everything is okay.

However, when we arrived to the restaurant, we were told not to have a reservation at the restaurant but CAFE. After some discussion we were offered a place at the bar. The food was good, as well as service in the bar.

Afterwards I sent an email asking what went wrong. Shai replied that the reservation was confirmed for the restaurant (not cafe). She promised to check what happened and answer later. She never did.

Be aware of the reservation process there, it appears not to be what it should be. I have made hundreds of reservations for restaurants in more than 50 countries all over the world. I have never had such a problem. Mistakes happen, but this one was not taken care especially well.