“Chakra Cafe (1F): Very nice food, relaxing atmosphere!”
Review of Chakra

Chakra
Ranked #11 of 736 Restaurants in Jerusalem
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Chakra - Jerusalem Chef restaurant, owned by the Chef, Eran Peretz. The place to enjoy rich cuisine, meticulous service and luxurious atmosphere of Jerusalem.
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We intended to go to the Chakra restaurant (apparently on 2F), but found ourselves in the Cafe (1F) instead. The food in the cafe is delicious and reasonably priced. We had stuffed grape leaves, fish filet w/ tabouleh, and chicken livers + mashed potatoes. Everything was cooked very nicely and flavorful. The atmosphere was very relaxing, and the staff was fairly attentive. They make great cappucinos, too!

Note: Their listed website address is www.chakra-rest.com, but as of this review, the site is down.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

5 very hungry business men, one fix menu of tasting dinner, 2 bottles of geart Israeli wine, lovely waitresses and one very talented chef. 3 hours later, I can say with full tummy that this place is serving superb innovative food for fair price.
Will come here every time I'll be in Jerusalem!!

1  Thank astalava
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Lots of dishes to choose from. Excellent bruchettes. Nice atmosphere, good and attentive service.
We recommend the Chakra - we had some very good soup and good pasta with sea fruits.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

The restaurant is among the top 3 in Jerusalem in my book (Machne Yehuda, Mona and Chakra).

On the upper level (street level, versus lower level for the restaurant) you will find the Cafe. Run by the same owners the prices are lower and the fod is excellent, If you have kids both the resturant and the cafe are ideal as there is a playground right next to the building so if you kids are like mine and they get bored after they get stuffed, it is a great way to keep them happy while you can enjoy a few quiet moments with your significant other and the other adults...

Reviewed May 8, 2013

First Impressions: When our tour guide suggested we go to Chakra's for dinner, I had the distinct impression of us heading to an Indian curry joint. (Shows you how much I know.) Just off King George Street, below Cup o' Joe café, Chakra's was everything but... From its classy décor to its elegant ambience, everything points to a fine gourmet dining experience. Offering an eclectic international and seafood fusion fare in its menu, Chakra's has attracted the young, up-and-coming crowd.

PROS: Its location is excellent, right dab in the middle of the city centre. There is free parking. Weather permitting, there is also outdoor seating which looks over Independence Park. Helmed by a veteran gourmet chef-owner, the restaurant's food is reputedly its forte'. I loved the Spicy Red Tuna Bruschetta -- crunchy with just the right degree of bite. The garlic-infused aioli, I think, was made from scratch because there isn't the slightest hint of mayonnaise in the flavour. Now, our sensory experience was climaxed by the Chocolate Mousse, which struck the right balance between being sweet versus being chocolatey. The food presentation was both creative and appealing, like the ones we normally associate with gourmet dining. Each dish is an excellent fusion of colours, aromas, textures and flavours.

CONS: For all its excellent location, it took a bit of exploring to find the place. We found it at the end of a long asphalt driveway off King George St. (We felt like trespassers.) The Schnitzel that I ordered was a bit dry for my taste. Not exactly for the budget-conscious diner. Ranging from £12 for the fish kebab to £22 for the 300g entrecote, the gourmet dining experience is thus reflected in the moderately-expensive pricing. Service was attentive and not overbearing, but is the first to suffer when the restaurant becomes full. We had to remind the waiter twice for our bill.

Verdict: Definitely worth a visit. If I live here and I've got out-of-town visitors, this is my go-to place. May not be the best in Jerusalem, but no doubt in the top five. Recommended. Grade A-minus.