“El Gaucho, a Argentinian cousin ambient”
Review of El Gaucho - CLOSED

El Gaucho
Cuisines: Argentinean, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Bayit Ve'gan
Jerusalem, Israel
“El Gaucho, a Argentinian cousin ambient”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I was in El Gaucho years ago and request a Antricote beef well done, but when it arrive a see to much blood and request to return and give more time the the fire, few minutes after I receive the same full blood beef. It was simple and terrible and too much expensive.

1 Thank Cafetorah

• Polish first
Plano, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“do not have steak. if you still want it - have it at least medium”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Tomato soup was way too salty. Skewers were ok. But not more than that. File steak was terrible: cold even after I returned it. Very disappointed. Extremely overpriced : $100 for couple and tern - too much and not tasty at all.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Jacob E
“Avoid Like The Plague”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Worse meal ever in 40 years of visiting Israel. We took a party there for a special anniversary in October. Meat virtually uncooked and inedlible. After it had been sent back there was no improvement. After third attempt the manager apologised for the food being below par blaming the absence of his regular chef. He told us we would not have to pay for such a miserable experience. Which was just as well as we wouldn't have paid anyway.

My advice for anyone visiting Jerusalem: Give this place a miss.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Geoff K
Jerusalem, Israel
“avoid this restaurant”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

the steak was tough and so were the ribs. The dessert that we were served was inedible. The prices are also very expensive. There are much better steak restaurants for less money - avoid this restaurant.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank avronp1
New York City, New York
“Food is average service was bad”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I have been coming to El Gaucho for years. The last two times, in April 2012 and now in October 2012 I noticed the service is really going down hill. The Veal Sweetbreads Provencal Delicacy starter was not properly cooked and the warm tray, with the wood coals, had one coal that was barely warm. The main course I ordered was the "De la Pampa" prime rib steak (entrecote). The menu said it was 350 g but it certainly was not. I doubt it was even 300 g. It was not better than average but it was the service that was bad. When I walked into the restaurant there were NO employees anywhere. I had to wait for at least five minutes for anyone to appear. Then, I had to request water and salt and the Chimichurri when the steak was delivered. Although the waiter was not attentive in delivering the food once I finally received it he came over about 4 times, each time right after I had just put food in my mouth to ask me how it was. I thought he was just not a good waiter but when I asked for change of a 100 NIS note he brought me 2 50 NIS notes and said that was the only change he could provide. That's when I realised he was a jerk. I was not going to leave him any more than 15%, which was about 25-30 NIS. So I asked him if he was certain that the restaurant did not have change, i.e. five 10 NIS coins for the 50 NIS note and he said he was. I then said ok and proceed to leave, I got almost out the door when he chased after me to ask what wrong with the service that I didn't leave anything and I told him I would have left something but I was NOT going to leave 50 NIS and since the restaurant could not provide me with a lower amount of change I would leave nothing. Suddenly he 'found' five 10 NIS coins so I said wasn't that amazing how he located it and he said the cook had it. Thanks to this waiter I have no desire to ever return to this El Gaucho's again.

• Visited October 2012