“Extremely pleasant experience!!”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Haifa
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Haifa
Reviewed July 20, 2014

We stayed 6 days in the hotel (ending today). This is a very classy, boutique style hotel. We enjoyed the room with a veranda with breath taking view of the bay and port, the indoor swimming pool, the food and most of all the friendly staff. We would like to mention Michal from the reception that was very helpful, Nathalie frrom the business center and most of all Rene from the restaurant that was attentive, helpful and made our stay even more pleasant. We hope to be back. Joseph and Amos.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
CP_Haifa, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Haifa, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Thank you for your lovely comments. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have made it a priority to ensure that the service that our guests receive is high in service quality.
It was very nice to meet you and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again soon.

Best Regards,

Natalie Kaplan

Reviewed July 13, 2014

the hotel we stayed at was very nice view was amazing except for the food it was all great.

the food was not fresh at all the bread was very hard to eat like chewing bubble gum, vegtables were not fresh like 2 days old

recommendation from 0-10 .. i give it (5)

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Yasmin s
CP_Haifa, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Haifa, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your response, we appreciate your honest opinion.
We always provide selection of fresh food for our guests satisfaction .We have passed your comment to the relevant managers and we are sorry for any inconvenience.
We will be happy to host you again In the future.
Best Regards, Natalie Kaplan

Reviewed July 11, 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights on business this week, and probably won't stay here again if in Haifa. There were just too many 'niggles' to make it a truly enjoyable experience...
The reception staff were friendly enough, but it turned out that we weren't allowed access to the Business Lounge (despite being on a business trip); well, we were allowed in if we paid an additional $35 per day...really guys, this access should be standard - I only wanted to log on for an hour or so to sycn my laptop
The 'service' at breakfast was disinterested at best - we were asked if we wanted an omelette...both me and my colleague ordered something different, and when the 'omelettes' came they clearly weren't what either of us had ordered. When I asked the waitress for some clarification, she just shrugged and walked off.
Upon returning to the hotel early one afternoon I tried to go for a swim in the indoor pool, only to be told that it didn't open until 16:00...this is despite the fact that there were several people already in the pool, but apparently they were on a 'special deal'...thanks for the brush off!
The girl who was working behind the bar was nice, though...really friendly and at least made us feel welcome for a couple of hours.
As I said, this was the first time I have stayed here, and it might well be my last...

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
CP_Haifa, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Haifa, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. We always try our best to ensure we meet our guests needs & expectations and on this occasion we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
We thank you for your compliments to the hotel staff.
We do have a payment policy for the Business Lounge Like many hotels in the world.
We really try to match the pool hours the activity by Seasons and guests, we are sorry that it was not so in your case.If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to contact me : Hi_cpc@crowneplaza-il.com.
Best Regards, Natalie Kaplan.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

I love the intimate cozy feel of the lobby/bar, and dining room right off lobby.
Smadar upgraded us to an executive room, which was just lovely.
Clean, parquet floor, spacious, beautiful modern bathroom and a gorgeous view of Haifa Bay, which we really loved at dusk and night.
We couldn't think of one thing that could have made it better and we travel a lot, all over the US and Europe.

The coffee shop was also cheerful and upbeat, and there was nothing lacking from the breakfast buffet.

Special thanks to Tomer, who I think may be a manager, not sure. He took care of us at check-in when we arrived and before he even spoke, I knew from his kind and friendly smile that he was a winner.
He was warm and professional.

Room Tip: We were upgraded to an executive room on 8th floor facing the Bay. Loved the parquet floor, spaciou...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
CP_Haifa, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Haifa, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2014

Dear Guest,
First of all let me thank you for your wonderful opinion.
It is so nice to read that you had a comfortable and pleasant time & that the staff served you well.
We would be happy to host you again in the future.
Best Regards, Natalie Kaplan

Reviewed July 6, 2014

I stayed at CP Haifa for two nights, it was definitely not Crowne Plaza standard. The reception staff are mixed with cold attitude but nice one as well. If you are expecting something for having platinum or ambassador membership, I suggest you don't expect too much. I received better service in a Holiday Inn property with Platinum membership but poor one at this Crowne Plaza (With Platinum Ambassador).
The welcome gift and fruits are not available for Ambassador member which is supposed to be guaranteed with the membership. As they told me, Israel is an exception... No lounge access not matter what membership you have unless you pay for it. And I found some blood spots on the sheets when i first checked my bed...well, it might not be a big issue for me, but you may want to concern this when you stay here. The welcome drink voucher is limited with Coke and bottle orange juice. I got a little bottle of water and chocolate as welcome gift...well, not bad...
The only highlight is the location, you get the nice view to the city, particularly if you get upgraded to a balcony room, it would be nice to watch the sunset in your room. The bus stop is just next to the hotel, it takes about 30 mins to get to the central bus station, but it's convenient. The Carmel area is 5 mins walk which you can find good restaurants and little shops. The Baha'i garden is in a walking distance!!
The rooms need renovation, a little bit old, and the TV channels are limited.
This is the first time I rate a hotel under 4 stars, I don't think I'm picky, but the overall experience I got here was not pleasant. The location is the only reason you should possibly stay here, but there are actually some other good hotels in this area, and the price of CP Haifa is not cheap...

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank euromun

Dear Guest,
Thank you for leaving us a feedback. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the most concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. IHG Reward Club members are very important to us and as in your case, we tried hard to provide you the best service by give you an early morning Check-in, Deluxe room upgrade complimentary water & chocolate and offered you a special price for the business lounge. Crowne Plaza Israel policy regarding business lounge is a special price. I'm sorry that it did not match your expectations. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to contact me personally at: Hi_cpc@crowneplaza-il.com.
Best Regards Natalie Kaplan

Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Not sure if someone marked us as such or not. If they did - thank you so much! If they didn't - what a hotel! What a service!

Amazing location, beautiful and pampering rooms, and the service... Oh, the service! If I didn't know better - you would think we were celebrities staying at the hotel. Everywhere we went to we were greeted by our name and they always knew our room number, hopefully not because our kids were noisy... ;)

All and all - great stay. We will definitely come again!

Special thanks to Michal Weizman, Maor, and the rest of the front desk team. I wish every hotel had such employees!

Stayed: July 2014
CP_Haifa, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Haifa, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you for your kind words. It's our main goal to make our guests happy. We are doing our best to make our guest to feel welcomed and most comfortable and hope to welcome you back again at the Crowne Plaza Haifa Hotel.Best Regards, Natalie Kaplan

Reviewed July 3, 2014

My second time in the Crowne Plaza Haifa hotel and it is only get better. The staff is absolutely fantastic, all were attentive and nice with a great attitude toward the costumer. The girls in the breakfast buffet were the sweetest, with great smile on their faces… it was just a great way to start my day.
The room was not large and the bathtub is rather high, but other than that all was great. It felt like home away from home.
Will return for the 3rd time.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Herbert G

Dear Guest, Thank you for your kind words & Thank you for Continue to return to Crowne Plaza Haifa. It's our main goal to make our guests happy. We are doing our best to make our guest to feel welcomed and most comfortable and hope to welcome you back again at the Crowne Plaza Haifa Hotel. Best Regards, Natalie Kaplan