“Solid vacation hotel in a dream location”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Haifa
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Haifa
Lisbon, Portugal
“Solid vacation hotel in a dream location”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

All rooms in the hotel face the Haifa bay and provide an unforgettable view by day and spectacular by night.
The Louie promenade is in a walking distance providing an opportunity to enjoy the hill view over the bay. The rooms, even though not spacious, are clean and the staff courteous and helpful,
Only the breakfast does not stand up to the Crowne Plaza Israel standards

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Crowneplaza1, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Haifa, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
We were happy to read about the your positive impressions from the Crowne Plaza Haifa hotel.

We will be happy to see you among our returning guests. We took our attention the breakfast remark.

Best Regards,

Natalie Kaplan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Hebrew first
Suffern, New York
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The staff at the Crowne Plaza was extremely accommodating and helpful (especially Guest Relations Manager, Natalie). Everyone at the front desk were extremely attentive to all our needs during our recent stay at the hotel. Wonderful location for a tour of B'hai Gardens- just a short 5 minute walk down the road. Hotel also has a parking lot underneath which was helpful as we rented a car while traveling through Israel.
Also loved the extensive Israeli breakfast with a fantastic view of the city! Rooms are clean and bathrooms look recently renovated. We had a a room with an incredible view of the bay and city as the hotel is on top of the mountain. The Crowne Plaza is down the street from Carmel Center with shopping and places to eat or just sit for coffee. I think that the hotel is a great value and we would definitely come back and recommend to any of our friends.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Marlene P
Dear Guest, Thank you, we are delighted to receive such a nice feedback from you. Hope to host you again in the nearest future. Best Regards, Natalie Kaplan
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

This hotel tries harder to please and accomplishes it. Rooms are clean and ours had renovated bathrooms. Great view overlooking the city, and we especially enjoyed the quiet of the business lounge. Kudos to the Guest Relations manager Natalie who contacted us before our stay to confirm arrangements and made us very welcome once we arrived.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank A L
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Crowne Plaza Haifa.
Thank you for the compliments.
We look forward to seeing you again soon

Best Regards,

Natalie Kaplan

Guest Relations Manager
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Right down the street from the famous Baha'i Gardens, it's a decent choice with nice views and friendly staff. Nothing special, really, but nice enough. Ask for a room with a view on a high floor if you can get it. I would have given them a higher rating if the menu had been a little more extensive in the restaurant. Never the less, I had excellent service when I did eat.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Sierratravels
CP_Haifa, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Haifa, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for your short and efficient feedback, Hope to welcome you back again in the nearest future. Best Regards, Natalie Kaplan.
Tel Aviv
Reviewed February 7, 2013

second time at the Crowne Plaza Haifa. This is a small hotel of 100 rooms, very cozy.
the rooms have amazing views of the bay. the hotel sits on the mountain, near Carmel Center in a walking distance to all the action. many good bars and restaurants in the vicinity. and a good in house restaurant as well.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Uri K
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Bad
1. The check-in took 45 minutes (I arrived at 11:30pm and spent in the lobby till 12:15am)
2. After waiting 45 minutes - I got the wrong room - although I made sure specifically during the check-in that I'm receiving the room I booked. I had to wait another 10 minutes to get the right one - after such terrible experience (which wasn't my fault) - no one even proposed me any sort of compensation.
3. While I was waiting in the lobby, there was a group of crazy teenagers that did a terrible noise (literally taking over the lobby) - no one from hotel's staff told them anything
4. 8:30 am I had a terrible construction noise above my room - called the lobby 3 times - they failed to handle it. At ~10:30 am when I got back from the breakfast, the noise still went on.
5. Breakfast - the staff is absolutely useless and super unfriendly (I approached a waiter asking for a coffee, he told me "ask her" and left, when I looked at the pointed direction - there was no one... Plates and bowls were missing all the time - you have to chase the waiters to get them. The staff is talking on the phone instead of helping you - its pretty messy there... You get a feeling they play hide-and-seek with you.
6. No elevator from the parking to the hotel lobby - you have to climb ~30 stairs with all your luggage. There is no bellboy or anyone to help you.
7. Small thing - lack of power outlets in the room - I had to charge my phone in the bathroom, after I used the only outlet in the room for charging my laptop
8. Internet got disconnected all the time. I had to re-enter the password every ~7 minutes.

Good
1. Very good bed - I had perfect night sleep (excluding the fact that it became noisy in the morning)
2. Breakfast is very rich
3. The hotel is nice and clean
4. The spa is superb

Overall the hotel is very nice, and unless the bad service I received, it had a potential for a 5-star. I'm not saying the bad things above will happen to everyone, but they did happen to me, and I just can not rate my experience any higher.

Room Tip: stay away from rooms close to the "residential apartments" that are part of the hotel (the...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank sodkarin
CP_Haifa, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Haifa, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I'm disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay and I would like to apologize for any inconvenience it may cause you. I want to assure you Crowne Plaza Haifa hotel is very proud of its level of service. I would love to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details.

However, before we can continue, I need additional information. Please send an email to hi_cpc@crowneplaza-il.com
Please include: the name the reservation was under or the confirmation number, your contact information including telephone number.

Once again thank you for taking the time to write the review, i trust we can regain your confidence in the Crowne Plaza Haifa hotel soon.
tel aviv
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I stayed in the CP Haifa with a friend over a weekend and had a wonderful time. The staff at reception, especially Maor, were extremely friendly and helpful. The room was big and comfortable with a fantastic view. I requested extra towels and they were delivered about a minute later! On Friday night there was a vast array of food, all extremely tasty. The hotel is a short walk away from the Bahai Gardens where you can take a free tour. All in all, a lovely hotel with great staff that really make the difference between a nice experience and a wonderful one. Would highly recommend!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank mish b
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comprehensive review. You have covered all aspects of your stay. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge the staff concerned ,Best Regards,Natalie Kaplan