“A nice pub at evenings”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Haifa, Israel
“A nice pub at evenings”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

The place is amazing at evenings with comfort areas to sit at and good variety of beer and snack-food to choose from. It does become louder and more crowded as you procceed to stay into the night and might feel more like a night-club rather than a pub which is confusing and missleading when it happens.
I recommend comming before 9pm if you want to sit and talk and have a pleasent time, and also recommend comming after midnight for special "late night" deals but be aware of VERY loud club music(unless you like it).
The staff is really friendly and fun, im suprised with them every time, I recommend sitting on the bar to get most of the interraction with them. Last time the bartender made a drinking duel with me and gave me a free drink when I beat him and finished my guinness faster than he could.
The food is average and rather expensive but there are many "deals" during day that would make your meal affordable. The Duke-Burger is a good hamburder which I recommend warmly.
Enviroment is also very nice inside the oub, there is a true Irish charm in the design. But there is no good view to the outside of the pub as it is just a high-road, luckily the place immerses you enogh to ignore the windows outside. Overall - One of the best pubs near the Carmel Center for sure.

• Visited August 2014

• Hebrew first
“Typical pub”
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

I like this place. It is typical PUB. Many beers typical pub foid. Good service. Better to reserve on weekends.

Haifa, Israel
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't get close...”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

We have been in this pub several times but this time we were very disappointed with the atmosphere. The owner doesn't like families (too bad for him...he prefers money...). So, if you want decent overpriced fod and bad athmospere...

• Visited June 2014
TLV
“Love the vibe!”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

I love the vibe at this bar. It also has a reach alcohol menu, the food is ok, and the service is also great. One of my favorite bars in Haifa.
I love going there with friends or for a date :)

• Visited May 2014
Portland, Oregon
“Slightly pricey, good atmosphere”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Went to the Duke with two colleagues for dinner one night in Haifa. I had the shepherd's pie and a Leffe Blond. Not exactly Israeli fare, but when you go to an Irish pub, you've gotta order shepherd's pie, right? Anyway, the food was decent. It didn't knock my socks off, and for what it cost, I felt like my socks should have been knocked off, at least halfway.

The service was pretty decent, and everyone spoke really good English, if that is something you're looking for. The bar got pretty crowded as the night went on, and the atmosphere was fun to hang out in for a while. I will say this: they were perfectly happy to let us sit at our table and just linger over one beer without trying to force more on us or push us out, which is very refreshing!

Visited May 2014