“A very pleasant cafe for a coffee and cold drink and the food looked good too”
Review of Shtroudl

Shtroudl
Ranked #8 of 364 Restaurants in Haifa
Cuisines: Israeli
london
1,179 restaurant reviews
“A very pleasant cafe for a coffee and cold drink and the food looked good too”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

My wife and I had been wandering around Haifa and were in need of a drink. This place is located about 5 mins from the central station where we were needing to travel from. We had 2 very good coffees and homemade mint lemonade and could sit outside in the shade and relax for an hour or so. We did not see any other such nice places within such a short distance of the station.

• Visited July 2014

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Seattle, Washington
“Nice place for a break and good food”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Nice location on the street at the bottom of the Bahai gardens. Food was tasty and worth it. I did the chicken strips "salad" which was actually a stir fry, but was really good and it was a lot of food - could not finish it.

Visited June 2014
New York
“Good food good service”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

The restaurant is located on Ben Gurion ave (lower Bahai garden entrance). The restaurant has good authentic food (delicious goat cheese sandwich is what I had) and a good relaxing atmosphere to chill out in the shaded outdoor seating.
The Avenue is littered with many good places to eat, we just happened to end up here. So if this is your first time here you may as well pick any place. Note, service in Israel restaurants is not great across the board, so do not expect attentive waiters who will dote on you for your tip (which here is relatively low at 10%).

Visited April 2014
Miami, Florida
“Awful place!”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I agree with the reviewer about the waiters and service - practically non-existent! The hostess was the best part - very friendly and accommodating but once I was seated, no one came for ages. I finally flagged down someone who was incredibly attentive to a group that came after me. He grudgingly took my order then disappeared. The group seated after me got their drinks and whatnot and my food still hadn't been served, nor was I given a drink.

Food was passable, but the waiter lied about my dish being gluten-free. I was hurting inside of 20 minutes of the first bite and didn't finish the meal.

Getting my check was another trial - had to flag down a different person who brought it, then eventually took the card and processed it - that was the only thing that was quick!!!! No explanation of where to sign, no pen, even! I usually leave a good tip but for the first time ever, I didn't leave anything.

Do not go to this place. It is a disaster!

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank Facebookscrn42
haifa
“huge disappointent”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

we sat there 3 ppl . orderer drinks and first meal . they brought this order and never come back
not to ask if what we got was ok, if we want anything else, main course ....nothing
we asked for water, but we had to ask for glasses 3 times. the waiters just disappear....
when we asked for the check , they brought it and didnt even ask if we want coffee or desert and we had to wait for them to take the money for more than 10 min. the table was full for dirty dishes and stayed this way till we left.

i will never come back to such terrible service. disappointing place .

• Visited July 2013