“The most romantic, even in winter!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Carmel Forest Spa Resort by Isrotel Exclusive Collection

Carmel Forest Spa Resort by Isrotel Exclusive Collection
Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Haifa
Tel Aviv, Israel
“The most romantic, even in winter!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

The Spa Resort of the Carmel Forest, continues to maintain a high level of service and great value for its guests.
Romantic place for winter holiday, lobby fireplace spreads citrus scent, through the huge windows you can see the winter forest landscape, fine dining, excellent and friendly service, high quality and luxurious spa, in short everything needed to enjoy.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hani S, Sales Manager at Carmel Forest Spa Resort by Isrotel Exclusive Collection, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Hello Rony H,

Thank you for your kind review. I am delighted you had an enjoyable stay at Carmel Forest and we were able to warm you up this winter. We hope to welcome you back soon for another wonderful experience.

Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Hebrew first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

i had my wife , daughter and son spent there 2 days. they had the best of times. the food is awesome .they want to go back there already ))))) highly recommended wife daughter and son just would not stop raving about the place

Room Tip: not sure .
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Teaneck, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

We came back from our visit to the Carmel Spa in late November. The trip up the mountain was white knuckle, but once you arrive everything is fantastic. The atmosphere is so relaxing, no cell phones, no children and an amazingly attentive staff. I really enjoyed the exercise classes, the fitness room and the treatments. The facilities and the view are beautiful. The food is perhaps the best I have ever eaten. It was such a wonderful experience for myself and my husband. We will definitely do it again. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Forest Hills, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

Now I understand why, once you reach the Carmel Forest Spa Resort, you don't want to leave. After a white-knuckle drive up the Carmel Mountains, when you step through the doors, you immediately feel the stress dissolve. There is no formal reception desk, but a series of small desks where you have a conversation about spa protocols. Can we help you make a reservation at the spa? What seating would you like for dinner?

Our room was on the top floor, with wall-to-wall carpeting, and fluffy soft towels and robes, slippers, a lighted make-up mirror and a beautiful view towards the Mediterranean. At night, we could see all the way down the coast. The wonderful service began with a knock on the door as we were unpacking: a complimentary Japanese tea service with delightful teas, a heavy Asian-style teapot and cups and rock-sugar on sticks. let the relaxation begin!

As we wandered about the hallways, I noticed countless pieces of art, beautiful bronzes, whimsical papier mache cats wandering up and down a wall, paintings, niches for conversation, gardens with fountains and koi. And the quiet... no cell phones in public areas, no screaming kids.

The food is exquisite, gourmet of the highest caliber. Who would ever dream that chocolate souffles served buffet style would be so beautifully decorated and so delicious? Our minor quibbles... that for such an elegant, upscale resort, it is petty to charge for soft drinks at meals. And that coffee took so long to arrive at breakfast time (no waiter walking around with a coffee pot for immediate refills), but the cappuccino was decorated with a lovely pine tree, logo of the resort.

The indoor pool and hot tub were lovely. Our couples massage brought us to a blissful level of relaxation, and the jacuzzi, fruit plate and apple cider were also lovely. In fact, after our first dinner, we came back to the room, and found a plate of fruit arranged artfully with a sprig of rosemary, along with a split of wine and wine goblets.

I can't wait to return. Yes, this is indeed heaven!

Room Tip: The top 2 floors do not have balconies. But these balconies are interconnected and not fully privat...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank raethecpa
Hani S, Sales Manager at Carmel Forest Spa Resort by Isrotel Exclusive Collection, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Hello raethecpa,

Reading your review most certainly brought a smile to my face. It makes me very happy to know your stay at Carmel Forest was beyond exceptional.

From all the team, we look forward to welcoming you back for another heavenly stay very soon.

Jerusalem, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

Wonderful place. Staff very helpful and friendly. They try hard to fulfil all your requests, even for specifics in a packed lunch.

Decor rather dated.

Facilities very good. A thoroughly enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: even the basic room was good, but no balcony.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

Been to the Carmel forest more then once and will return again.
No phones and children are allowed on the grounds of the hotel which is a great start to the needed disconnect from reality,even for few hours
.The service was one of the best I have ever experienced. Quiet,efficient and intelligent .
The Spa was wonderful,good treatments,towels everywhere, clean
Food- couldn't stop re loading my plate both at breakfast and lunch. It was also very clean with great service.

The only ones who should avoid this place are people who cannot relax,with a book,a good massage, and such.
Otherwise,book,go and relax

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hani S, Sales Manager at Carmel Forest Spa Resort by Isrotel Exclusive Collection, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Hello Naama Z,

We think Carmel Forest Spa is heaven, and are glad you think so too. Thank you for your kind review, I am delighted to read your stay surpasses your expectations each and every time.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another relaxing visit.

Tel Aviv, Israel
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

It's one of the top hotels in Israel. trust me on that rating . however my stay started in awful way. I got to the desk of the reception , nicely pointing type you get to seat while you check in I will say cool spa future. the front desk lady holding a windex yes windex ! Cleaning the glass surface . Okkkk. I am not impressed . Next we move into passport issue as American tourist I am allowed to get free vat but as Israeli the right is taken away even if I am a tourist ! Why? Ask the tourist office. Going back to the sour face in front of me informing me I will not get vat back . Now , I ever really asked for it but she tried to be nice to me . Right. Next the room is not ready and next to it no free wifi as the 1000 dollars charge for three nights will not cover the free wifi. At that point I am disliking the girl and the pr manger get involved . She was nice and polite trying to handle that "hard to handle guest" . I am asking if the pr office ever contact them as I am a blogger in a local on line magazine and I am writing about my visit to the spa hotel. She answered that no she have no notes and I figured ok life . Then the sour face said she is giving me a room not near my friend room which we booked two rooms together . I said "no I want the room next to my friends" . She answered "this the room we have ready otherwise you will need to wait" clearly I wad not happy and she run inside crying which I didn't see the reason. Then come out of the office the hotel manager . She was so rude taking me a side as if I am a criminal accusing me of lying about the call to the pr guy eytan which I did called him. I felt so bad she was saying "well you said you called the pr guy no clue was found that this is the case" in Hebrew it's different but believe me she made me feel as if I am a criminal I wanted to call him she said "not here go out side the hotel we dont use phones in this hotel" I worked at the Dan hotel in tel aviv 36 years ago I know one thing. You ever make the guest feel bad as she did . I guess I am thankful for tripadvisor for allowing guests to share noted about the hotels they stay and put a voice tothe wrong doing . Bad start . The room was holiday inn style with dirty windows . The rest I guess was ok . So far ..
איה ! ההתנהגות שלך היתה מחפירה ואת חייבת לעבוד על יחסי אנוש שלך נפגעתי ממך מעומקי נשמתי כשהאשמת אותי בשקר של הטלפון לאיתן שיש לי ממנו הודעה שמאשרת שאכן דיברתי איתו. קילקלת לי את החוויה .

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank navawritz
Hello navawritz,

I am disappointed to read your review and I am sorry you felt you received unfriendly and unfair service from our team. Let me address some of the issues you raised. Regarding VAT Tax, this is a National Law implemented by the Israeli Government. As a business, we apply with all laws required of us.

Carmel Forest Spa, as the name suggests is a Spa Hotel. Our service offering is that of escape, and relaxation. As such the use of mobile phones is forbidden in all of the resort’s premises. This is to ensure that you and all our guests enjoy a peaceful vacation.

Our staff always receives the highest praise from our guests, so to read your feedback on them surprises me. If you would like to discuss your stay further, please contact me direct on hanis@isrotel.co.il.

Sales Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Haifa
Bay Club Haifa Hotel - an Atlas Boutique Hotel
#9 of 27 in Haifa
Elma Arts Complex Luxury Hotel
Elma Arts Complex Luxury Hotel
#1 of 3 in Zichron Yaakov

Been to Carmel Forest Spa Resort by Isrotel Exclusive Collection? Share your experiences!