Carmel Forest Spa Resort by Isrotel Exclusive Collection
Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Haifa
london
“Simply the best”
Reviewed April 19, 2008

This Spa has to be one of the best for just about everything. The position it is set in, in the Nature Reserve near Haifa, provides the most wonderful panoramic views and solitude. At night you hear the wolves and jackals and in the day the music of the birds.

The facilities are wonderful - the classes given by very knowledgeable and lovely people, the gym is small but very clean and well run, the bedrooms sufficient in space, comfort and storage, all with seating outside with views over the lawns and looking towards the far distant sea, and every member of staff from the reception area through to the staff who clean the bedrooms are polite, efficient and friendly - and practically all of them speak wonderful English. My husband and I have just spent 5 nights there and the only area that we feel could be improved upon would be possible refurbishment of the en-suite bathroom.

The food was fantastic - we have never seen so many variations of salads (we are vegetarian in our eating habits) and the vegetarian hot courses were just as good. If they every produce a Vegetarian cookery book I shall be first in the queue to buy it!! There are also many meat and fish dishes available at meal times, and the breakfasts are fantastic - served between 7.30 till 11.00 and you may return as many times as you wish. Oh, I nearly forgot - they have a very good Israeli wine list to choose from - and Israeli wines in the last few years have been winning many awards world wide.

Facilities also include two beautiful swimming pools (seemingly cleaned twice per day) and tennis court. Bikes are available for loan to take out on the marked routes in the hills.

The treatments available are undertaken in well lit, well ventilated rooms, and the towels and robes provided are all excellent quality and not threadbare as we have experienced in some spas and healthfarms in the UK. And as for the cost - well, this knocks the socks off anything comparable that we have tried in our home country.

We will try to create another opportunity to come here again as soon as possible and cannot recommend this Spa highly enough. Well done Carmel Forest Spa for providing such a wonderful and truly relaxing holiday and at a reasonable cost too.

• Liked — fantastic views and well-serviced room
  • Disliked — bathroom needed refurbishment
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Hebrew first
belgium
Reviewed March 23, 2008

First impressions were good: beautiful grounds, sober and modern architecture, well decorated public rooms. Then the doubts set in: average room (Tsameret category, with terrace), tiny and dated bathroom, good but not exceptional dinner (breakfast and lunch buffets are excellent), mixed feelings about the spa (good fitness room and Turkish hammam, average indoor pool and locker rooms).

My main criticism is about the service, which is poor for the rates the hotel charges: lengthy check in, you have to bring the baggage to the room yourself, no welcome drink or fruit, little service in the pool and sauna areas, no turndown service, very uneven and sometimes rude service in the restaurant. In addition, many guests do not respect the ban on cell phone use and, even though the hotel does not accept guests under 16, there are many guests who speak very loudly and make the hotel less peaceful than it should be.

The hotel is probably the best of its kind if you require kosher food. Otherwise (I overheard several overseas guests complain), you are likely to ask yourself what the fuss is about and why you have spent about 400 euro+ per night (all inclusive).

Stayed February 2008
2 Thank topsmed
Jerusalem
Reviewed January 30, 2008

I just came back from doing the "Juice Fast" at the spa. It was a wonderful experience. I recommend the juice fast to anyone looking to restore their health. But I'm writing to recommend this spa. It was fabulous. It's all about relaxation. You are really isolated in a beautiful oasis far away from everything and put in this very special hotel/spa to relax. I came in very tense from several years of working (and lots of little kids) and came out more relaxed than I've been in years.

If you need a vacation to really rest, this is your answer. And if you're looking for a kosher spa, this is the best. You can't beat it.

• Liked — The wood fireplace and piano player
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank msbarakh
Montreal
Reviewed December 23, 2007

OK, I am difficult, I don't apologize. I am prepared to pay top money if it is worth it, but I won't pay a dime for something worth 4 cents.
This spa is amazing. From the first meeting with the friendly check in staff to the departure, the people there could not be nicer. The rooms are clean, comfortable and spacious. Not dripping with French antiques, but who needs that in a spa. The pool is large, well attended and well disinfected [perhaps a bit too well]. The spa treatment that I had for my bad back was just great, no gorilla's here.
My wife, herself am excellent multinational cook, swore that the chef must be Hungarian, because of a Hungarian meal dish that she had. He was not, he was from Morocco, and every dish that I had, every pastry, every slice of bread was perfection.
If someone reports a bad experience with the staff, I can only surmise that they approached with "attitude"!
Go there, you will not be disappointed, unless you are unreasonable.
DSS Canada

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — I had to leave
  • Stayed April 2006, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Maplesyrup
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 31, 2007

Have just spent 2 days at this hotel during a 2 week touring holiday of Israel. This is certainly the place to come to unwind and be fully pampered. I loved the idea that you could roam around the premises in your bathrobe, even in the restaurant at breakfast and lunch.

My only concern is the amount of laundry. I cannot recall seeing anywhere whether there is a programme in order about economising with the towel usage. It seemed that you just had to touch a towel and it was thrown in the wash bin. Around the outside pool there are large towels to cover the sun lounger then there are towels to dry yourself and also your bathrobes. I thought that Israel had a shortage of water. Apart from this, would highly recommend and certainly a place to include in any travelling holiday of Israel.

Stayed October 2007
1 Thank Alison297
Rehovot
Reviewed September 4, 2007

So much has been written about the Carmel Forest Spa, so I'll try not to repeat things, except for emphasizing things that we noted or reinforcing items.

My wife and I were there for two nights at the 25% membership discount price, including one free treatment and 10% discount on other treatments.

Coffee at breakfast is a waiting game, and the Spa needs to improve the quality of coffee service.

We found the quality of food to be excellent, but the size of the main dish at dinner is kind of smallish. But with a great selection of fresh breads (for all meals), soup and salads, and scrumptious desserts, perhaps "kind of smallish" is a blessing.

This was our nth time at the Spa, each time receiving two robes, either "L" or "XXL.." My wife needs a "S," but could only obtain an "M" the next day. We did suggest that they ask for your robe size when making your reservation, but perhaps that's too complicated.

Be there on a Sunday night or Wednesday night and catch the pianist in the fifth floor lounge from about 19:00-21:30. He is truly amazing! The offering on Monday night was not nearly as good.

As lunch is included in the price, you kind of feel obligated to hang around for the meal on the day of checkout , which begins at 13:00, even though check-out is at noon. They now offer a box lunch which can be pre-ordered so you can depart earlier if you so desire. We hung around for the luncheon.

Spa treatments were very professionally administered.

All in all, expensive but a special treat.

• Liked — Being pampered (by someone other than my spouse)
  • Disliked — Waiting for hot beverage at breakfast
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ira G
London
Reviewed January 12, 2007

Better to go elswhere.

We booked the hotel by contacting the hotel directly. However, they forgot to mention to us that most of the treatments were already fully booked. When we complained, the SPA manager told us that it's our problem that we book last minute and that he couldn’t do anything about it!

Lucky for us (or maybe not), there were few cancellation, so we took the opportunity and booked some treatments. Unfortunately, the massage was very painful!!! My wife also complained and left in the middle.

Other than that, the superior room was mediocre and the food was below par.

Overall, we had a painful and disappointing experience, not to mention also expensive. If you consider this place for relaxion, think again!

Dan from London, UK

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Word of mouse
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't go
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
8 Thank DanTheTraveller
Also consider these accommodations in or near Haifa
Bay Club Haifa Hotel - an Atlas Boutique Hotel
Crowne Plaza Hotel Haifa
Dan Panorama Haifa
Dan Panorama Haifa
#9 of 28 in Haifa

Been to Carmel Forest Spa Resort by Isrotel Exclusive Collection? Share your experiences!