Dan Gardens Haifa
Excellent 5/5
Good 3.5/5
Good 3.5/5
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 6, 2012

I stayed at the Dan Gardens Haifa from 25 April till 3 May. The most annoying thing about this hotel is the fact that internet is not included and the wifi is an extra 55 NIS per 24 hours. That's like $15/day extra! It would be worth it if it were fast (it was not) or would consistently be working (again it was not). I was staying for business and the company booked the room. I was told they booked a single room for me and I thought that's fine I'm sure it will be average to smaller in size with a double bed. I was wrong and in a major way. The room only had a twin bed and I had to move the nightstand to sit at the desk because the room was so small. The room did have a mini fridge which was nice to have, but there was no microwave so if you have leftovers from dinner prepare to eat them cold. The breakfast was a typical Israeli breakfast, lots of vegetables and cheeses.
The Hotel building does need a renovation. The bathrooms in particular need updating. Another item that should be noted is the elevator does not go to the street. The front desk agent (David) did offer to help bring up the bags from the car on check in. We were not offered any help at check out (different desk agent).
All in all the Hotel was less that I expected but the view from the Lobby and its close location to Carmel Center get it an average review.

Room Tip: There is a pool available at the Dan panorama but it is at least a 20+ minute walk. Also pay the extra to get a room with a view.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jonathan H
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Maybe all hotels in Haifa jack up prices for PAssover, but this hotel is crumbling on the inside, and they charged $180 a night for an incredibly nosiy and deteriorating room with old, musty furniture, and not even a sheet to sleep under on the bed. Luckily, I decided to move after one night. For $60 a night, and in 1982, not 2012, this is what I would expect, not three times more and thirty years later.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank goldstn
Reviewed March 27, 2012

The first thing one needs to know about this hotel is that it is not for the elderly or handicapped. To get to the lobby, one must go up several flights of stairs. It is not possible to drive a car in front of the entrance. Fortunately, the front desk clerk ran down the stairs and carried our luggage up for us. We were not as fortunate when we checked out, as there was no one available to help bring the luggage down to street level. In spite of this major limitation, the hotel has several positive features -- a beautiful view, excellent service, and reasonable rates. The rooms are adequate but the lobby and hallways could use a renovation. The breakfast included with the room is typical for an Israel hotel - lots of options to satisfy anyone's taste. The bottom line - if you are on a budget and don't mind carrying your luggage up several flights of stairs, this is a good choice.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank BusinessTraveler600
Reviewed January 30, 2012

If you like being called by your first name, and to be allocated your favorite room every time, then this is the place for you. From making the reservation with Tzipporah, to being greeted by the staff, from the manager to the chambermaid, I was made to feel welcome before I even arrived. As my flight ETA was 07h20, Tzipporah arranged for my room to be ready for an early check-in. The Bay View rooms have been renovated, including a flat screen TV monitor and I found my room spacious and comfortable. Walking distance to the Carmel Centre, I was able to walk to my meetings, as well as to nearby coffee shops, hair salon and shopping.
Only 2 suggestions please - a lift for luggage from the street level & free wi-fi in the rooms. Thanks guys!

Room Tip: As for a Bay View room
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Liora B
Reviewed December 15, 2011

The physical facility is just worn out and subpar. This is a shame, as the location is truly premium. The carpets and the baths are so old no amount of cleaning can salvage them. But, and this is a big plus, the staff members are nice and are very much trying to accommodate. The Dan group needs to completely gut the building and put an end to this unfortunate waste of a location and decent staff.

• Stayed: December 2011