“Great Hotel as base for seeing Haifa & surrounding area.”
Review of Dan Carmel Haifa

Dan Carmel Haifa
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Haifa
Reviewed August 5, 2010

Recently had the opportunity to stay at the Dan Carmel the check in was quick and easy. The staff very attentive, courteous and willing to help. The breakfast buffet had a wide variety of choices and also an omlette station, an excellent start to get you going every morning. Dinner also had many delicious choices and don't forget to sample the desserts.
The rooms were very spacious and the beds extremely comfortable. I usually don't sleep well in other places but as soon as my head hit the pillow I was sound asleep, and woke up in the mornings refreshed and ready for another day.
The hotel is in an excellent location for seeing Haifa and the surrounding areas like Sea of Galiee, River Jordan, Ceserea and Akko. Was with in walking distance of shopping, restaurants and also nightlife. Would definitely recommend to others

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
DanHotelsIsrael, Manager at Dan Carmel Haifa, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2010

Dear guest

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay.

We are proud to learn that our efforts to motivate our staff are rewarding by high level of guest

Satisfaction.

We are forward to welcome you back at the hotel soon.

Best regards

The Management

Reviewed August 3, 2010

I recently stayed at the Dan Carmel in Haifa and couldn't have enjoyed my stay more. Checking in was quick and simple. The food was wonderful and there were always plenty of options at every meal. The buffet breakfast included an assortment of hot dishes, smoked fish, fruit, cereals, bread and pastries, and plenty of juices. The service was friendly, prompt, and attentive. I never even had to ask for a cofee refill.

The rooms were spacious and clean. House keeping come twice daily to provide plenty of clean towels and turn down service. They have a balcony with either a view of Haifa Bay overlooking the Bahai Gardens or view of the city which is equally beautiful. At night, looking out over the city with all of the twinkling lights, it's easy to see why they call it The Sleeping Beauty of Israel. The rooms themselves have a king bed or 2 separated twin beds, flat screen tv, alarm clock, and more. The climate control is easy to adjust. The bathrooms have a shower/tub combo and hairdryer and provide Dead Sea products. There is a lounge on the top floor with internet access. The meeting space is very nice as are the pool, walking trail, and gardens.

The hotel is in a great location and within easy walking distance of some night life and great restaurants. We were able to enjoy a fantastic wine and cheese festival while there. It's also a great location to start from for day tours to places like the Sea of Galilee and Tiberias, Caesarea, Akko, and is a short drive down the beach and promenade which is lively even at night.

Reviewed August 2, 2010

I was given an unforgettable opportunity to visit Israel, one that I will cherish forever. If you are thinking about a trip to Israel ... think no more and just do it!

We started our adventure with a four night stay at the Dan Carmel Haifa. First, I would like to mention that Haifa is a must stay. It's the perfect hub to start your day(s) with historical/biblical excursions and end your day with a light dinner and a walk on the beach or an amazing gourmet meal. I highly recommend the "Rennstaurant ".

The Dan Carmel felt like home away from home; the amazing staff could not do enough for you. We started every morning with a buffet breakfast of the freshest fruits, cheeses, danish and too much more to list; dinner at the Dan Carmel was just as good! The accomodations were extremely clean and comfortable. Situated at the top of Mt. Carmel the view from the balcony of our room was spectactular overlooking the Bahia Gardens.

The Dan Carmel offers everything you need, friendly staff, clean and comfortable accomodations, great food, perfect location, business center with open buffet, lounge and more.

1  Thank donnaharvey
Reviewed July 31, 2010

With a little bit of traffic in the evening, the drive from Ben Gurion Airport in Tel Aviv took about 1 hour and 15 minutes to the Dan Carmel, Haifa.

Checking in was a breeze. The hotel has 10 floors with fantastic views of either the Mediterranean on one side and the city on the other. The 10th floor has a lounge where you can relax, order some drinks, enjoy the view, and or use the computer/internet service. The hotel is completely non-smoking indoors, but are allowed to smoke on the balconies and other public designated areas. The rooms are extremely comfortable. 2 twin beds separated or King. Bathroom amenites were all dead sea products! Flat screen tv, mini-bar $, balcony, twice daily house-keeping, bathrobes/slippers, 24 hour room service, in room safe, iron and ironing board on request (sent up within minutes from calling for the request). The bathroom has a hairdryer, but I always like to take my own.

The location of this hotel is in the dead center of the entertainment center, on the top of Mt. Carmel, and actually above the BaHai Gardens. There are lots of phenomenal restaurants/bars in the area. I would recommend the "Rennstaurant" for a causal elegant dinner with mouthwatering cousine. "The Bear" is a local bar about 10 minutes walking distance from the hotel, a great place to relax and meet and mingle with the locals. There is a promenade about 20 mins drive from the hotel, with endless bars, restaurants, beach access. A must do! We stopped at "the Barrell" for a few drinks. I spent 4 nights in Haifa, and visited many historical/biblical sites from there, starting out after breakfast around 8:30 or 9am, and back to the hotel around 5pm daily.

The staff is phenomenal. They are extremely dedicated. You won't have to wait to ask for your coffee to be refilled at breakfast. If you decide to sit outside late at night for drinks, where the bar closes at 11pm... they continue to serve with a smile and will stay until YOU decide to leave. House-keeping staff is very friendly and accomodate anything you need. I had breakfast daily at the main restaurant, and had dinner there once as well. The choices are fantastic. The buffet has a lot of various choices to choose from, eggs, fruits, pastries, dinners (meat, chicken, fish), desserts..... so on and so forth. All meals are kosher.

The Dan Carmel, Haifa is home away from home. Please consider this property for your stay in Haifa if you would prefer excellent accomodation, superb location, and wonderful quality service.

Reviewed July 28, 2010

Let me start by saying that we go to Israel every year, although we usually stay with family. Let me also say that in general, I think Israeli service is terrible. They just don’t undersand the concept of “customers”. This past July, we stayed at Dan Carmel for three nights and we had our son’s Bar Mitzvah there. I have to say that I was amazed at how nice the hotel was, and more importantly, how customer-oriented the staff was. I travel on business throughout the world and am accustomed to nice hotels. Dan Carmel certainly fits within that category. We had two great rooms with great views of Haifa Bay. The Lobby is great and the swimming pool is very nice and clean. They also have a great garden with an amazing view overlooking the Haifa Bay. There are a few restaurants in the Hotel and the food is great in all of them. And, as I said before the staff is outstanding. This includes the Maitre d, the Hotel General Manager, the Head of Security, the Head of Events and Parties, and the Head Chef. They all went out of their way to make sure we had a great stay. I highly recommend the hotel if your travels take you to Israel. Especially if you come from abroad and are used to nice hotels. You will not be disappointed!

On a different note, as I mentioned above, we celebrated my son’s Bar Mitzvah there. What a great place to have a Bar Mitzvah or Wedding! All our guests could not stop raving how nice they made it and how elegant and classy it was. (of course my wife helped a bit there too…). Everything was beautiful and the service was impeccable. If you are thinking of having a Bar Mitzvah or wedding in Israel, I highly recommend that you look into Dan Carmel. Your international guests will love it.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank sp0ntane0us
Reviewed July 28, 2010

I can't say enough about the Dan Carmel in Haifa. I had the most amazing view of Haifa and still can't forget the sites nor do I want to. The staff was fantastic and always willing to help. The rooms were updated and big. The bedding was comfortable. The temperature was easy to control for maximum comfort of both guests staying in the room. Housekeeping was very prompt and efficient when straightening up the room. The waitstaff at the hotel was way above par. They couldn't have been better if they tried. The Dan Carmel serves a fantastic breakfast every morning with many different food choices. There were so many choices that I didn't know what to do with myself. Needless to say I never left the dining room hungry. I was even lucky enough to enjoy dinner at the hotel. Again the choices were amazing. So much to choose from and not enough room in the stomach. Don't forget to sample the deserts and the fresh juice! The lobby is so spacious and they have a lovely little gift shop where you can exchange money, purchase an International Calling Card, and buy some souvenirs. Ladies, get ready to buy some nice jewelry pieces. When you want to call home you can use your calling card and enter a private little room with a phone and door. The pool was beautiful and the hotel even has a nice little fitness center. The lobby is spacious and welcoming.

The Dan Carmel is in a fantastic location making it easy to tour Northern Israel, the city of Haifa, and even to experience the local culture of Israel.

I had everything that I needed at the Dan Carmel. This hotel is a great choice for business and leisure travel.

Stay at the Dan Carmel. It is worth every penny!

1  Thank Sarah60789
Reviewed July 28, 2010

I was very excited to visit this hotel, but I could not imagine how wonderful my experience would be! The views are amazing. I have been to many different destinations and have seen many different hotels, but the Dan Carmel is by far my favorite! The staff was wonderful, the food was incredible and hotel is at a great location.. I definitely recommend the Dan Carmel!

1  Thank zeik36