Dan Carmel Haifa
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
Eden Hotel(Haifa)
View Hotel
All reviewsgreat hotelgreat viewbahai gardensbay view roomexecutive roomrooms are spaciousbusiness loungenice poollouis promenadebreakfast and dinnercarmel mountainbusiness centerisraeli breakfastnorthern israelcarmel centerhotel is locatedfree parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Everything seemed perfect to us. This fairly newly renovated hotel has all of the conveniences that you hope for when traveling: free and adequately fast wi-fi, lots of outlets in the room, great bathroom with a fantastic shower, great service, plenty of a TV stations, great food and a fantastic view of the port of Haifa. Couldn't ask for more and I highly recommend.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bobby44881
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Atop the Carmel mountain sits this fantastic hotel. It is not the newest hotel but it is well kept.

The view from the rooms is fantastic and couple of minutes walk will bring you to the boardwalk overlooking the haifa city and port.

The rooms were spacious and clean.
Food was quite good considering the Kosher limitation but this is of course important for observant Jews.

One main downfall for me was the gym. It is tiny, not ventilated and equipped like it was built in the soviet era. If this is important to you the other Dan hotel nearby has a much better modern gym.

All in all a good experience and I would recommend it to anyone not looking to have a gym at their hotel :)

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a sea view
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
DanHotelsIsrael, General Manager at Dan Carmel Haifa, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Dear URI_FI
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us. The Dan Carmel was built in 1964 and it has been totally renovated during the last year.
All our rooms are new and we just completed and re-opened our new swimming pool and the new gym. The gym is now equipped with the newest equipment and I am sure that at your next stay with us you will be able to enjoy it and see the difference.
Waiting to see you back at the Dan Carmel!

Hotel Manage

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Great view from the room (I had a sea view), the hotel was clean and the staff helpful BUT the food was not great (the kitchens being kosher probably didn't help from my perspective although obviously would be a good choice for a observant Jew - of which there were many staying), coffee and teas were not replaced unless I asked, used glasses and coffee cups were again not replaced. The atmosphere was polite but a little uninspired and there is really not much in the Carmel centre.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
DanHotelsIsrael, General Manager at Dan Carmel Haifa, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Dear julian_loves_lobster,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of your stay; it is through guest feedback that we can develop for the future.
Throughout the hotel, every effort is made to ensure the highest levels of guest service at all times; we have therefore been sure to take on board any comments made in a bid to ensure of no falls in the future; thank you for highlighting these areas to us.
We'll be looking forward to welcome you back for a more balanced and improved impression.
Best regards,
Hotel Manager

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I am frequent stayer in Dan Carmel for many reasons which include , great location (situated in the heart of carmel centre) , close to Bhai Gardens , walking distance to many good restaurants(Giraffe is my favorite one) , great value of money , excellent hospitality , super excellent breakfast and very well trained staff members . This hotel is by far the best hotel in Haifa and I would say in Israel. Keep it up and looking forward to see you soon.

Room Tip: Facing sea side and get room on 4th floor and above..
2  Thank Vikram B
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I had a great room with an incredible view of the bay. There is a nice promenade just behind the hotel that I walked numerous times, at all hours. The room itself was quite luxurious.

The breakfast has an incredible selection but I would recommend keeping your choices simple (hard to do!).

Dear HFK129
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Dan Carmel with other fellow readers.
It is my pleasure to know you enjoyed your stay.
Hope to see you among our guests again
Hotel Manager