“elegance in a beautiful city”
Review of Dan Carmel Haifa

Dan Carmel Haifa
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Haifa
Rockville, Maryland
“elegance in a beautiful city”
Reviewed September 2, 2011

Our family stayed two nights in this top-of-the-line hotel as part of a tour of Israel, arranged by a U.S.-based tour company. It was simply beautiful. I don't know how much it cost since it was part of the total tour price, but I'm guessing the price is in the higher range. The lobby is huge, with all sorts of comfortable sitting areas. The rooms were well appointed, and we enjoyed a delicious breakfast buffet with all sorts of breads, salads (yes, they eat salad for breakfast in Israel), cheese, fruit, etc. But perhaps the best part of our stay was behind the hotel--we were steps away from a landscaped promenade overlooking beautiful Haifa Bay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed August 22, 2011

The room was big and well equiped (exelent for family with 2 litle children) with beutifull view of Haifa bay. The food and the swimming pool were great.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed August 19, 2011

I have a room at the first floor with a nice view of Haifa Bay but staying in it is a continuous torture. During the day in 2 rooms just accross the hall people are working hard with pneumatic hammers, drilling machines and continuously slammed doors. During the evening the hotel organized a party for its guests on the lawn just below my window. It is a full blown party going on right now as I write this review. Loudspeakers are at full volume so in my room I don't miss even a wisper or a word or a note of the actors and singers. Particularly the drums are exceptionally clear even with my windows completely shut. I complained to the reception but besides apologies they did nothing. They claim the hotel is full - probably all the guests thought this is a fine hotel.
In my opinion this is just full contempt for guests who may want to rest on Friday night at 11 pm!!

I would expect from this hotel to close the floor where complete overhaul is taking place. I would expect from a fine hotel to take care of all its guests, including the ones that do not want to party at 11 on Friday night. They should have find a way to organize this party without affecting other guests.
Besides, cleanliness is not that high on their priorities as the few strands of black hair I found in the sink could atest. And the Internet connection is a pain (and it is NOT free): you need to ask at the reception EVERY day of your stay for a slip with a new username/password to get connected.
So it seems that my expectations were too high and probably this is not the fine hotel I thought it is. So I'll do my best in my future trips to Haifa to avoid it.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Babasally2nd
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 15, 2011

I was on a group Bar/Bat Mitzvah tour in late July 2011 and we stayed at this hotel. It was wonderful! Not only was the hotel staff welcoming and friendly, but the food was excellent and the views of Haifa were to die for. The customer service was excellent; most importantly they treated my children well. We stayed here from a Friday to a Sunday and the food was very good. I'm a picky eater and but I was more than satisfied with the variety and quality of food. I recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Haifa! It's a great hotel and you get to see all the beautiful views of Haifa.

florida
Reviewed August 14, 2011

After just spending several days at another hotel in the Dan chain, we were all very disappointed in this hotel. How can a chain not care about all their properties the same? There was nothing about this hotel that any of us were excited about. I was told by a travel agent that it was because there really wasn't much in the way of competition in the area so it wasn't a priority for the chain to do anything. I certainly hope another hotel chain decides to build in the area. I would rather stay there!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lysee11
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Nice Hotel, friendly competant staff. Room was clean and well kept. Looks as though the Hotel had recently been modernized. They have mini bar in the room but I think you have to specifically request mini bar service and get the key from the front desk. Up in the business lounge, a small table with finger food. Only cold sandwiches,cheeze, vegies, fruit, cakes. But fresh and satisfying. At the buisness lounge bar only wine, beer, soft drinks, coffee, etc.The young lady at the lounge is also very friendly, open and I felt , does her job well. The view from the top floor is a must see. You look directly over the top of the Bahai (sorry about the spelling if its wrong) gardens to the sea. Very nice. You have to at least ge that shot when your there.
Usually I'm a little critical in my reviews, seems I always have some thing to complain about. But during my 5 day stay at Dan Carmel,.......... I was a happy traveller.
I left Dan Haifa and spent one night at the Dan Panorama Tel Aviv.........now thats a different story. I'll get into that in my next entry.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank bloozaddict
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed July 31, 2011

the Hotel located in an excellent spot with sea views.
Hotel staff courteous and welcoming
And this hotel is our favorite and highly recommended.

Room Tip: Be sure to request a high floor as possible