1,071 results
All reviews miri capon swimming pool mediterranean sea living room sea view business lounge breakfast and dinner business trip the hotel staff hotel is located an amazing view tel aviv excellent hotel location is great train station relation israel
Reviewed August 18, 2009

This hotel masquerades itself as 5star but isn't worthy of 3!
In the height of summer, with 34 degrees temperatures, it economises on the airconditioning in the corridors and in the lift by choosing times of the day to switch it on!
We checked in and out within an hour.
Don't make the mistake of booking in here-you WILL be disappointed!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank LisaandYaniv
Reviewed August 14, 2009

stay away from this place - overpriced and poor quality.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank rarely_stationary
Reviewed May 22, 2009

Hi,
Me and my wife stay at this hotel.
The hotel is nice, we stay at the suite, the suite is very big, including a big bedroom, kitchen, bathroom and a living room.
the staff is nice. a nice breakfast.
we expected more from this hotel.
the hotel is at the Mediterranean Sea near a public beach.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 7, 2009

I just returned from 10 days trip to Israel. I was travelling with my husband and 2 families so there were 6 of us travelling about the country together. To visit some northern sites we've decided to stay in Haifa for 3 nights and chose Le Meridien hotel.

All 3 rooms we had for 3 families were booked as equal to each other, but all of them were absolutely different. All had separate bedroom and hall with the kitchen, but we did not have a window in the bedroom, but other 2 rooms were with windows (which is closer to normal situation, I believe). We did not try to change the room to obtain the bedroom with the window so I have no idea how the staff would react to our possible request. But the hotel seemed to be fully occupied so we've decided not to bother. And you can use your chance in case if you do not like the room - they really have optoins!

In general the furniture looked worn out. And the bed was quite short - I believe that tall people can have some problems with it!

We did not use any facilities in the hotel except the lobby bar - we've found the list of drinks and coctails available not quite satisfactory, but we survived! :)))

The hotel has a room service facility, the menu is quite short but some basics as Pizza Margarita and similar things exist 24 hours. It might be important as the hotel is in driving, not walking distance from the city itself and there is a chance that if you get hungry in the evening and not in a mood for driving or taking a taxi, the hotel will be your only choice for food.

The choice of toiletries in the bathroom was very limited to just shower cap, soap, shower gel, shampoo and conditioner. And nothing like cotton pads/sticks, and any other useful things. I got so used to having such simple things available while travel, so it really brought me some inconvenience.

The choice of TV programs was also quite limited - we were very much interested in News about in-country situatoin and there was only 1 or 2 English channels as Sky News available.

Breakfast was ok, I can not say any more. But freshly squizzed juices were available - you can actually make the juice yourself using the press and fresh fruites available. Which was quite nice and refreshing.

For me it is very hard to say if I recommend this hotel to travellers or not. I will be recommending this hotel to my friends openly sharing with them my view of this normal, but no more, hotel and its location and let them make their choice. For my possible next trip to Israel I will try another hotel, the most probably.

Stayed: January 2009
1  Thank WinnerMoscow_Russia
Reviewed November 10, 2008

My experience at the Haifa Meridien was the most distressing
stay I have ever had in a Starwood venue. From check in to check out the staff appeared untrained, rude and unresponsive.
Room furniture was dirty and worn. In the bedroom the room towels were left on the floor next to a large unplugged flat screen TV. I was misinformed about food service not being available on the day I was there. A desk clerk argued with me over a request for bottled water for the room. I could go on...
I sent an email to Starwood Preferred Guest Customer Service who forwarded the email to the Fattal Chain management. Their response was a standard defense provided by the hotel management. It appears that the Hotel manager and management needs retraining and guidance on how to properly instruct their untrained, rude and unresponsive staff.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business