1,059 results
All reviewsmiri caponswimming poolmediterranean sealiving roomsea viewbusiness loungebreakfast and dinnerbusiness tripthe hotel staffhotel is locatedan amazing viewtel avivexcellent hotellocation is greattrain stationrelationisrael
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Good hotel beach front location, plenty bar come food diners, plenty to do.......................................

Reviewed May 29, 2012

I'm here working for quite awhile, and wanted to find a good hotel for an enjoyable stay. I stayed at the hotel side of the Leonardo (left side when facing the ocean) for 2 weeks before moving into the "apartment" style side of the Leonardo (This used to me Le Meridien, and is on the right side when facing the ocean). The Leonardo Hotel is a decent hotel on the beach, with a good restaurant, but it is far away from anything else. We found this to be dull, and unless you like going to the beach everyday, there isn't anything else nearby.

More importantly, the "apartment style" rooms at the Leonardo are terrible! I've attached some photos of the cockroaches we found. These rooms are significantly cheaper and are meant for people staying longer term for work. If you can avoid this area, you should. The rooms promise a "kitchen" which only includes a hot plate and a microwave. That's it. Also, the queen bed is just two single beds shoved together with a sheet. To top it all off, this place was recently remodeled but the bugs have not gone away. Seeing cockroaches in different places (about the size of a business card) was not a good experience.

I highly recommend you leave this place and checkout the Crowne Plaza or Dan Panorama (Crowne is better) on the hill where are there are better accommodations and far more restaurants, sites, and things to do.

Room Tip: Stay at the hotel on the "left" (facing the ocean) which is more modern. This is a nice hotel. The hotel on the "right" is crawling with bugs and is very old.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
FattalM, Guest Relations Manager at Leonardo Plaza Hotel Haifa, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

Dear Guest,
Leonardo Haifa Hotel is making great effort in pest control.
We promise you that we are spraying and cleaning each day in order to prevent Discomfort of our guests.

Accept our most sincere apologies.
Miri Capon, Guest Relation Manager
972-508294293

Reviewed May 17, 2012

This hotel is neither as bad as the negative reviews or as nice as the postive ones I read

Positives
1. Location is great next to the beach with very nice views from my room
2. Staff was generally very friendly and helpful
3. The room was clean. This was a concern for me based on some comments on other reviews but the bathroom and bed were cleaned and maintained well.

Negatives
1. This property needs work. The rooms and public areas look rather worn. The hotel feels alot older than it is.
2. Internet service was somewhat sporadc and depends on what floor you are on.

Overall this hotel is OK, but would recoomend the Crown Plaza unless staying near the beach is important

Room Tip: avoid rooms on the lobby floor. A co-worker stayed there and had trouble with the internet
Reviewed May 15, 2012

As visitors from the U.S., we enjoyed our stay in a room at the Leonardo Haifa Hotel that looked straight out over the Mediterranean. Our room was one of the higher-priced ones but it was spacious and very clearn (a suite). Breakfasts at the hotel are amazing--with more variety than we hae seen anywhere, including fresh and roasted vegetables, drived fruits, cheeses, shakshuka, omelettes, waffles, pastry, you name it. The management offers outstanding personal attention to guests. The staff are friendly and helpful.

Reviewed May 13, 2012

I've been traveling to Israel for many years for business and have been warned by my coworkers to avoid the Leonardo (previously the Meridien). This trip it was unavoidable - all other aproved hotels were booked. Whilst it is located on a fantastic and beautiful beach, the hotel's physical condition is really lacking. Looking at previous reviews I strongly agree this hotel is well byond the point of needing renovation. My room was relatively clean, however the carpet was in sad shape. Room furnishings are very dated. The bathroom needs refurbish (it was clean, just old). They clean the hotel, or at least have a cleaning crew, but the level or depth of cleaning is inconsistent at best. this shows throughout the facility.

Breakfast which is typically quite good in the Israeli hotels I have been in is nothing to talk about here. Meh, it's average.

Be ready to pay heavily for internet service. ANd depending on who you negotiate with the price can be highly variable. Underwhelming.

The gym is ok - but no worse than any of the other hotels here based upon previous experience.

Being on the beach is novel, but all the good restaurants are either up in Carmel Center or in German Colony - both at least a 50 nis taxi ride each way.

The big kicker is I beleive this room has bed bugs. My fet and legs have been attacked by something in the night. The bedding seems clean enough and I haven't found physical evidence, but I have been attacked by something! This is really an issue, especially with no other rooms available in town...

It looks like a lot of the great reviews are from locals, not sure what that means, but I think most western business travelers exect more.

Room Tip: Some rooms have no windows, some one window in a wall that does nothing for the room...plan on spending extra money for taxi's or driving up the Carmel to eat. Be pushy and negotiate to get a decent internet deal. If you want something really clean - stay elsewhere