“Excellent day with Zvika”

Zvika Bar Or Day Tours
Ranked #1 of 10 Nightlife in Haifa
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Private Tours.Visit Israel is to use all your senses, in order to have a memorable tour.Absorb the unique atmosphere, and the Israeli warmth.Together we will have a wonderful tour.
Kensington, Maryland
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent day with Zvika”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We hired Zvika to take 8 of us in my family on a tour of northern Israel, and it was a wonderful day. In particular, we asked him to create an experience that would be meaningful for our 5 year old twin daughters, but still interesting to the adults. That's no easy task, and Zvika did an excellent job. We particularly appreciated how he showed our daughters ways to connect to the land and nature in Israel. His knowledge expands from history to politics to botany, and therefore there was something for everyone. We really enjoyed the day, and our daughters are still talking about it!

Visited June 2012

Aviano, Italy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best tour guide in Israel”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Where to start?? We took the Tour In the footsteps of Jesus. Zvika was a very knowelegable, kind, and completely accommodating. We started at the place of Mary's Immaculate Conception, trying flaffel, and knufe (sp?) along the street at Zvika's suggestion, stopping at a couple of shops for souvenirs(i would definitely suggest purchasing items here as opposed to any where else inthe tour. It was very expensive elsewhere without much of a selection). Afterwards we went to the church where Jesus turned the water to wine. After secretly speaking with the priest Zvika arranged for my husband and myself, and my cousin and her husband to renew our vows there. They had some one video record it and even had a signed certificate for us. There were nuns in the auditorium watching and afterwards we were applauded. It was so special an d definite surprise and highlight of the day. Next we headed for the Sea of Galilee to see where Jesus performed more miracles. The Sermon on the Mount and Loaves and fishes miracle. Zvikas endless stream of information and playful joking made even the car rides fun. And also the fabulous air conditioned spacious new van. Our next stop was carpurnaum where the ruins of peters home was where Jesus lived for a time. Next we went to the Jordan river. We actually got to step in and fill water bottles to take home. When we left the Jordan river Zvika asked if we would like to see the Syrian and Jordan boarders which of course we did. So we got some cool pictures and headed to a local restaurant suggested by Zvika. It served family style Arabic food. Our large table that seated 8 was so full of different courses there was hardly room for our plates. After the best meal of our cruise(and very reasonably priced), we drove back into Heife and saw the fountain and monument of bab, and we even went up on Mt. Cartel to see the school my cousins mom went to as a child. A very special moment for my cousin. We took pictures of the view and then drove back to the port. Zvika was hands down the best tour guide i have ever had the pleasure of guiding me. He took the time to do so many extra things with us. He even gave us a couple of shekels for souvenirs. I would highly recommend him to anyone. My only personal suggestion in hind sight is if you do the same tour please buy your souvenirs on the street leading to and from the Immaculate Conception Church. We didn't get to purchase the things we wanted because either we couldn't find them or it was too expensive after we left that street.

2 Thank lovinglifieineurope
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great day, amazing local knowledge, great links with both Arabs & Israelis - unique”
Reviewed February 14, 2012

We had a wonderful day with Zvika. He showed us Nazareth and surrounding areas with a depth of knowledge that is quite remarkable. We visited many spice shops and markets as that is what our interest is in, and Zvika took us to places that we would never have found.
His knowledge of the area we were staying in (Zippori) was endless and fascinating, and we learnt things from Bible times through to establishment of the State of Isael through to current times. We could have carried on asking questions for ever....

Visited January 2012
2 Thank SpiceWay
Marblehead, Massachusetts
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Zvika Bar Or is a fabulous guide!”
Reviewed January 24, 2012

Six of us spent 4 days touring Haifa (and the surrounding sights), Tel Aviv, Jaffe, Jerusalem, Yad V'shem, the Chagall windows at the Hadassah Hospital, Masada, the Dead Sea, etc., etc., with Zvika and loved every second. He made everything come alive for all of us, and he was extremely accomodating, including a variety of experiences that were especially meaningful to us. He is very knowledgeable as well as extremely interesting, and I would highly recommend him as a superior guide for Israel.

Visited September 2011
2 Thank Reggielew14
New York, NY
97 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Perfect Trip to Israel”
Reviewed January 22, 2012

We traveled to Israel with our two boys, ages 11 and 13 for the first time. My husband and I had been to Israel before and had gone on a tour of the country for our honeymoon. I had spent a summer in Israel on a high school program. I had researched what I wanted to see and do and had an itinerary of six weeks that I needed to narrow down to ten days. I wanted my boys to fall in love with Israel! Zvika started with us in Tel Aviv and took us North, East and South. He was the absolute perfect tour guide for our family! He has four boys and was able to keep the kids interested - either by picking figs, pears or carob off the trees! Joking with them constantly. Showing them the "The Best of Israel". Wherever we were he had a favorite place to eat and we benefited from him knowing the owners. We would never have found these places on our own. He was able to intellectually satisfy my curiosity while still meeting them on their level. He is brilliant in his knowledge about Israel and Middle Eastern History. Though we had a set itinerary to follow he made very appropriate deviations where necessary. I remember it was brutally hot and instead of following the itinerary and climbing outside we made a detour and saw an ancient floor in a kibbutz that was excavated. There was another time that though the day was long he wouldn't let us leave Jerusalem without seeing this beautiful market and tasting the delicacies. It meant a longer day for him but he wanted us to love his country even more. Being with a father of boys in the army we also got to get a glimmer of understanding on how a family feels when they know their children are coming home for Shabbat. He talked to me on many of our van rides about the politics in the country.He was with us at the Bar Mitzvah of our son at the Kotel making it even more special. He made what I knew would be an amazing trip into a life changing trip for our family. On a scale of 1 - 10 I would give him a 1000!!!!

Visited August 2011