Loui Hotel
Agoda.com
$111
$81
TripAdvisor
All reviewswithin walking distancegerman colonytwo nightsrooftop decklovely roomgreat place to stayhot waterbahai gardensneighborhoodreceptionmicrowaveisraelhostelchannelsshabbat
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We made the unfortunate choice to book this hotel on Dec. 26th. From the beginning, we were lied to. Don’t let the fact that it shares a name with the Louis Promenade deter you into thinking this hotel is anywhere near that part of town. To call this a boutique hotel is such a misnomer, I can barely write this without laughing! This is more like an apartment complex for junkies. I have no idea where the pictures they use on hotels.com come from, but they are NOT this place! The location is in a VERY seedy part of town and if you have your own car, you will be parking on a very rough looking street filled with moaning junkies and prostitutes, located behind the hotel. The rooms have other’s hair all over them (floor, beds), pieces of old soap in the shower, urine still in the “freshly-cleaned” toilet, and a heater that barely works. Honestly, the worst hotel/motel experience we have had since we stayed right outside the Taj Mahal in Agra, India (which we expected to be shady). We were told they only had one room available (they had several). We were told it would take an hour to be cleaned (though this was already 6 pm and it took until 8:30 pm). We were told the ‘German Colony’ (restaurants, etc.) was a 5-10 min. walk away (perhaps 45 min or so as we never made it in 30 minutes). Returning to the hotel, at 8 pm, the room was still not ready. On top of this, our hotels.com reservation was cancelled by the staff so that they did not have to pay hotels.com the standard 10% of the rate and could instead keep 100% of the rate. I completely understand this but when they cancel our reservation, we also lose our credit for one night’s stay towards a free room; the reason we use hotels.com. Please save your money for another hotel. By far the best part of this place was the kind service at the front desk provided by the owner’s brother (though he was the one that made all the lies) and another nice worker. They were very sweet.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Nicholas M
Reviewed November 11, 2013

The hotel was ok in general with fine breakfast nearby. I had booked this hotel for two nights in May 2013 with booking.com, but wanted to cancel the second night. We agreed with the hotel manager, that I will right a fine review for them and they will cancel the 2nd night on the day of the arrival, but the same day as I completed it upon return home, I was charged for the second night. I asked my bank to check if it was a mistake and it was not. I never believed in coincidences and this is definitely not the one. I would not recommend to stay at the hotel, where managers risk to damage their reputation for the cost of a one-night stay

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
7  Thank Artem K
Reviewed October 18, 2013

The hotel has immaculate rooms and is very reasonably priced. The staff is absolutely outstanding and very helpful. By far one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had. This is the place to stay when in Haifa or the surrounding area. The staff not only provided me with outstanding service but also assisted me on numerous occasions regarding advice on where to go and what to do. An absolutely fantastic experience.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are outstanding!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Bonnie K
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed just one night in at the Loui Hotel in one of the garden rooms off the street. The room was very clean, with pretty furnishings and a convenient cooking area. There was no noise from the street (you are behind the main buildings) and with air conditioning we were very comfortable. The owner was very friendly, suggesting walking tours and places to see. The location was good - 10 mins from the underground up to the higher part of Haifa (then a 10 minute walk to the Baha'i Gardens). We were lucky with parking, and found a spot in the street behind the hotel. If we return to Haifa I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Catherine P
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We took 4 rooms for us and extended family visiting from the US for my son's graduation. Rooms very nice. We had 2 garden rooms and 2 upper rooms near rooftop. Lower rooms very accessible. I found garden nicer than rooftop patio. Security very good, entrance with codes - important in a busy city. Owner is wonderful, patient and helpful. Good breakfast at cute nearby cafe. Price very reasonable. Parking free on public street a block below. Parking area not exactly dangerous but not nice. Might not be nice for someone alone late at night.

Would definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family