“The BEST 3-stars hotel that I lived!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sea Plaza Hotel

Sea Plaza Hotel
Ranked #16 of 21 Haifa B&B and Inns
Tel Aviv, Israel
“The BEST 3-stars hotel that I lived!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

lovely hotel. Located on the seafront. nice people in service
I was particularly comfortable to live in this hotel as a place for a business meeting.
the hotel itself is also very convenient to stay.
I'm glad I have stayed in this hotel.

Room Tip: all rooms are perfect.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Hebrew first
Berkeley, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

I booked thru Trip Advisor.

First, the hotel was literally at the end of the world, without amenities, near a closed off section of the beach, unfinished construction all around.

Worse, I arrived on the second night of an arranged stay, having called head a few days before to say that I would not be there on the first day. Thou the policy clearly stated was a minimum of 50% refund for that cancellation, I was charged fully. This is neither right nor lawful and I am pressing a dispute and for a refund many months delayed.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Hadji747

Travelers are raving about these Haifa hotels

El Cerrito, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a week and had a great experience. It is very conveniently located near the train station, so getting here from the airport is very easy and fast. Staff is fantastic, very friendly and professional. Irina, Marina, Alicia and Yonatan all speak good English which makes it easy to communicate. A small beach is about 300 yard away from the hotel and a bigger one is about 10 minute walk. The hotel has free wi-fi, rooms are newly remodeled, modern and clean. Rooms can be a bit bigger, but for the price and location it is still worth it.
I found kitchenette to be of a great value, you can buy great local food at the numerous nearby stores and have a nice meal in the room or outside in the yard.

Some rooms even have jaccuzi in them - those are VIP.

Room Tip: Ask for a bigger room, mine was fine for a solo traveler, but if you have more than one person in th...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Tamara621
Brooklyn NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

My husband did not want to drive up into the hills of Haifa so we decided to choose this seaside hotel. We did not realize that at the seashore in Bat Galim, Haifa, there are no other hotels. We expected to be in a beach resort but were in a little Russian community. We were very surprised when we checked into our spotlessly clean room with a beautiful new bathroom, new bedding and a kitchen. The staff was pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: If you pay more you can get a larger room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank BrooklynBubbe
Jerusalem, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

Many/most tourists stay in 'uptown' Haifa, but near the bay there are only a couple of budget places. Sea Plaza is one. Run by friendly Russians, in a predominatly run-down, sadly neglected, Russian neighborhood.

The room for two we had was basically clean but really tiny. No breakfast. The hotel will wash/dry laundry for 60 shekels.

Room has fridge, plates/cutlery, kettle.
Staff were helpful at all times.
Hotel is in a quiet area half a block from the sea where the promenade starts. This has an ice-cream place, and a couple of restaurants near by.

Much of Haifa has become very shabby looking, from when I was last hear in 1975. Very sad to see so many apartment buildings, where the owners/residents have taken no interest in adding a little beauty or even simple upkeep. This would take such little effort. Of course, there are some homes that are gorgeous.

Would I return to Haifa: Yes! I love the place.
Would we stay at the Sea Plaza? Yes! Frequent busses nearby to go uptown.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Irisbo
Vigo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

I travel frequently, and I stay in a wide range of Hotels in a wide number of different countries. I am pretty flexible, and I was well aware Sea Plaza is a budget Hotel without some of the usual perks. That said, nothing prepared me for the most awful experience I ever had in an Hotel:

1. the reception and the stairs were remarkably dirty. The room windows, in the 1st floor, had non-removable bars, and there were no visible fire escape routes.

2. The room had a very strong smell of cleaning chemicals, and after less than one minute I started feeling strong skin rashes (despite having all windows open when I arrived).

3. Despite this smell of cleaning chemicals, the room was not clean: towels were dirty and wet, laid inside the closet, and the bed linen had lots of hair.

4. I noticed a trail of around a dozen blood drops in the room floor. I called the reception guy. Once he arrived he "cleaned" the blood drops with his bare fingers (literally!). Afterwards he kept opening the room doors and the closet to change the towels (without ever washing his hands).

5. when I asked for a new room he refused, saying this was the last available room.

After this warm reception I decided to loose my non-refundable reservation and move to another Hotel.

I have to admit this is the first time I write a review for an Hotel I DID NOT stay in, but considering the positive reviews this Hotel has I felt I had to share my experience, so that others do not loose their money, like I did. In fact, even without the exceptional events that made me leave the Hotel I would still rate this as a lackluster place to stay. Is this a double personality Hotel?

To be honest, the only positive thing about this Hotel is the location close to the sea (but far from the interesting areas of Haifa, though).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank john2008a
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

Staff is really nice and will give you all the tips you need about the city. Very clean rooms, decorated with surprisingly good taste. Sea promenade is just around the corner and acess to all sights is very easy.

Room Tip: There is a short flight of stairs to get to the rooms. It shouldn´t be a problem.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo