They've managed to screw up pretty much everything in the <12 hours that I spent there:
1) The hotel lists itself as a 5-star property with most agents. When in reality under star rating criteria it doesn't stand a chance to go over 3. The rooms are extremely small (12 sqm at most) and there are no facilities what so ever, not even a 24h front-desk. Not that I mind 3 star hotels, but this one's price matches it's 5-star disguise.
2) When I asked the reception staff about the 5-star incident they replied "We're free present ourselves as we wish", which was their overall attitude toward guests, so my second point here, is staff attitude (hotel owner in particular) is extremely disappointing.
3) They attempted to rip me off while I was checking out by charging me an extra $40 for the night. When I asked about the addition, the receptionist replied "it's the USD/ILS exchange rate", but when I asked what exchange rate she had used, I was still overcharged by $40 with her exchange rate (which was a ripoff on it's own). She ended up refunding that transaction, after which I insisted to pay in USD.
4) The location is extremely strange. Inside a residential street, with nothing around really...
My overall advice: don't even think about it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful boutique hotel with superb amenities and comforts, prime location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Villa Carmel Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.