“Harmony in the world”

Cuisines: European, Lebanese, Israeli
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 7, 2012

The owner explained that Douzan in Arabic is the device that tunes a guitar - until it is in harmony. As an Arabic + Israeli town, Haifa is keen to project this image of harmony. The ambiance is laid back in line with the jazz music. The presentation is sometimes more dramatic than the eventual taste - but full marks for trying. Didn't have room for a dessert but received a free malabi.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Went for a romantic meal and it was lovely. Couldn't finish the meals they were massive and delicious, wine great. Totally recommend it lovely.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

We stayed in Haifa for the weekend and decided to lunch out with two frinds(who happen to be also family).The Tripadvisor list did not look too promising to our tastes-until we stumbled upon DOUZAN -number 31 on your list- which turned out to be a colossal injustice to this UNIQUE & LOVELY PLACE.Just to make sure I called a local friend/food-connoisseur who said:"DO NOT MISS DOUZAN"I ordered by e,mail and was confirmed right away.The place gives a warm & "Heimish"feeling,with comfortable oriental furniture & decor.
We started with an assortment of small oriental dishes which were all excellent,with special spicing.For main course we took:shrimp,calamary,beef ,cordon bleu-all with special souces &sauteed vegetables /rice.in addition we ordered vegetable saled.All the dishes were freshly cooked with just the right amount of spicing&very tasty(we all shared),the cordon bleu was too dry & tasteless(the chicken part).The salad was thinly cut by hand and very tasty.For desert we all shared a wonderful chocolate cake soaked in rum.An italian espresso summed up a very good culinary experience which lasted two and a half hours.
The service was friendly but not imposing,
The toilets:clean .
The prices:decent.Good value for money,

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Tasty food (60-105 NIS), quick service. I liked the music (imho). A good place to visit on Ben Hurion st.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

After a ridiculously long day and half of flying I arrived at the Colony hotel at about 9pm. I hadn't eaten a non-airline meal in forever. The hotel recommended I walk across the street to Douzan.

They had nice outdoor seating, and the place was hopping even after 9. Now I understand that is not at all unusual. There was plenty of variety on the menu, more than I expected for a Lebanese restaurant. Chicken strips? But, the server directed my attention to the shish kabob. It was a nice mixture of lamb and beef. Well seasoned, and skewered with giant cinnamon sticks. The kabob was served with tahini and new potatoes. Add a nice Israeli white wine and it was a delicious meal.

The only downside was that I was a single, and there were a lot of big tables. It seemed to take quite a while for me to get noticed and helped. But maybe I was just tired and in a hurry to eat.