“Nice location and atmosphere, service average”
Review of Fattoush

Fattoush
Ranked #6 of 377 Restaurants in Haifa
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

Spent an early lunch yesterday at Fatoush. I personally love the German Colony area in Haifa. Its a perfect mix of natural elements, art and architecture. Fatoush has lovely settings of outdoor terrace with old olive trees shadowing the place, and an interesting artsy decor such as a tricycle hanging from the balcony above.

The food was served relatively fast and it was pretty tasty. Although I know it was a bit over-priced, it was worth the fact I genuinely enjoyed my time sitting there with a glass of wine and my husband next to me.

The main thing that bothered me was the service. Apart from the only female waitresses which was relatively nice, the rest were giving me a feeling they are doing me a favor by taking my order or responding to any of my and my husband's requests, I had a feeling I'm not really wanted there. I am a reasonable client who avoids bothering waiters unless I truly need their service. I don't think I managed to annoy them from the moment I arrived?

Up to you to see if my service experience there was only an isolated event, or are they really making everyone uncomfortable (ironically at the entrance there's a sign saying "everybody's welcomed"). Unfortunately, needless to say, I will not come back.

There are newer reviews for Fattoush

Reviewed June 7, 2014

This is the restaurant next to the Templar's Boutique Hotel, where we stayed. We ate dinner, breakfast and lunch there, we liked the food and the attitude so much. (And I'm a foodie so this is very unusual.)

Reviewed June 2, 2014

great restaurant with a lot!!! of quality arab food.the view from the restaurant is great and you can see the bahaym garden that is one of the more beautifull garden in the world.the price is ok and the food is greattttttt

2  Thank Baruh
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Very good sort of modern Arabic cuisine. Everything was tasty and beautifully served. It is one of the top restaurants in Haifa. When I have guests, I take them there.
The reason it is 4 stars rather than 5,had to do with the general quality of food in Haifa. If you want 5 stars stuff, have a night off in Tel Aviv...
In short, Fatoush is highly recommended.

1  Thank yud r
Reviewed May 30, 2014

We have tried many things from the menu... and we were never disappointed. We recommand Emsakhan (roast chicken with sumac on oven-baked pita). They also prepare a very good Tabouli salad and you can trust their recipes for any meat from the oven:)
At the end, you must try Knaffe (crispy noodles, soft cheese and honey).

1  Thank Popescu A