“True Hospitality”
Review of Male Chen

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Galilee
Male Chen
Ranked #49 of 156 Galilee B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 20, 2013

This B&B was recommended to us by Israeli friends. The proprietors, David and Este (sorry if I got the spelling wrong), are very gracious, and they provide true hospitality.

I believe there are two suites. We got a one-bedroom with a sofa bed in the living room. There are a cooktop, plates, cups, utensils, teapot, coffee maker, small refrigerator, and other items which can allow you to be pretty much self sufficient. Outside on the deck, there is a table, grill, jacuzzi, and a patio heater. The suite was perfectly clean and tidy and had everything we needed. There was no room cleaning service, but fresh bath soap and towels were provided.

Free and fast wifi, although it only worked in the bedroom for us. Televisions in the bedroom and living room/kitchenette.

Breakfast was a feast! Apparently, it will vary depending upon what you request and what is available. Be sure to try the Israeli-style breakfast, which is chopped vegetables (tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, onions, etc.). I added olive oil, lemon juice, and labaneh, a type of yoghurt cheese, and mixed it all up. Delicious! You can also have eggs and bacon, and there will also be other tasty items to complete the breakfast. Everything is fresh and homemade. We were so stuffed from breakfast that we pretty much skipped lunch during our 3-day visit. We breakfasted on the patio, which affords a stunning view of an idyllic, green valley and hillside (in February) and the Sea of Galilee, which lies beyond the hills.

David was happy to assist us in planning our sightseeing. We called him a few times while on the road, in order to get directions, or to help us make plans for dinner.

We thoroughly enjoyed our visit. This place is a true gem.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Unsunder

Reviewed August 2, 2012

I chose Male Chen, which is Hebrew for "Full Of Charm", because of the reviews I read on this website. How perfect a name for this wonderful piece of heaven. We are here right now and it is exactly as described by the other reviewers.
From the very first email communication with Mr. Chen until we arrived tonight, he went out of his way to make our vacation a dream come true. I asked him to help me with things to do in the neighbourhood and he was so happy to help me plan my time here.
We arrived very late at night and David was waiting for us with a warm smile and showed us around in his warm friendly fashion. A few minutes later he knocked on our door with a tray of delicious fresh fruit. What a refreshing treat after soaking in the heavenly hot tub. The suite is SPOTLESS, and FRESH! It felt just like home.
It is equipped with a 2 burner cooktop, refrigerator, microwave, water cooler, hot water dispenser, 2 zone air conditioner which works great on this terribly hot and humid day.
I cannot wait for breakfast tomorrow morning that I will enjoy on the magnificent terrace. The terrace faces the East so I plan to wake up early tomorrow to watch the sunrise over the mountains in the backdrop of the magnificent view.
I am staying here with 3 children and it is quite spacious with a double bed in the bedroom and a double bed pullout couch in the living room.
My kids love it here and are disappointed that I only booked one night.
I dont come to Israel often, but I now have one more "Must Visit" location when I come.

Room Tip: I stayed in the second floor suite with a magnificent private terrace overlooking the Golan Heights...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 12, 2012

The view from the terrace is remarkable, the rooms where big enough to accommodate our 5 persons family. The kitchen is equipped to make the stay as comfort as possible so you can eat inside or on the amazing terrace.
We had good relaxing stay. I would like to note the owners warm and welcoming hospitality, I will be happy to return there in my next vacation.

Room Tip: The north room with the terrace is recommended.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 17, 2011

We just stayed at this fabulous bed and breakfast with our three children for a few nights and it was outstanding! The location couldn't be better for traveling in the north. Centrally located in the upper Galilee, Malei Chen is near Safed, the Kinneret, the Golan Heights and Acco. We explored the entire area and never had to travel more than an hour. Not to mention the service was fabulous. They accomodated our schedule and needs and the food was outstanding! Very clean accomodations, comfortable, had everything we needed, including small kitchen. There was even a huge hot tub on the deck and a perfect view of the Sea of Galilee. We ate breakfast on the deck and it was wonderful. I highly recommend this place for either a romantic getaway or a family vacation. Chen was also so helpful in recommending places to go and see and eat in the area. A wonderful place and wonderful people! Chen and his wife were so friendly. We would go again in a heart beat.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 27, 2011

Hello !

I stayed at Male Chen during my weekend away with my husband for my birthday, I was very hesitated before choosing my location since these areas have a lot of guest houses and vacation homes, BUT I was not disappointed once I found Male Chen.

The suite is a 2 room with a full kitchen and sitting area.
We had the north suite which has a great terrace facing east to the sea of Galilee, and breakfast is served there which is a big treat and great atmosphere.

The service is excellent and the close by sight seeing attractions and hiking opportunities is very convenient to those who like to tour this magical part of Israel.

All the best :)
Gali

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2011

Hi All,

Our Stay at "Male Chen" was a great experience, from our fully furnished suite we had a view of a great valley followed by the Sea of Galilee, outdoor jacuzzi and cuisine breakfast accompanied by the devoted service of Chen and his Wife Esti.

A beautiful place in the green north of Israel

I would certainly go back !

Ori